Computer address for VPN erroneously shows that I am in California.

iqofgenius

I have no problem connecting to the Secure Connection, however my computer address shows that I am in California. I am in the state of Georgia, almost 2400 miles east. How can I correct this so my computer knows where it actually is. This computer has never been to California since I bought it new. Using a secure connection 2000 + miles away really slows things down. Thank you

I have no problem connecting to the Secure Connection, however my computer address shows that I am in California. I am in the state of Georgia, almost 2400 miles east. How can I correct this so my computer knows where it actually is. This computer has never been to California since I bought it new. Using a secure connection 2000 + miles away really slows things down.
Hello iqofgenius, Welcome! Kaspersky Secure Connection, establishes a secure connection, prevents your online activity from being tracked, hides your IP address and location, and transfers your data over a secure VPN tunnel. To determine if Kaspersky Secure Connection is contributing to slowing network response times down please follow Internet connection slowed down after installation of a Kaspersky Lab product Thank you. Kaspersky Secure Connectiоn Library

There are no other details I can think of. Just need for my computer to recognize where it is.
Hello iqofgenius, Thank you for posting back. VPNs, by design, hide originating locations. Your computer does recognise where it is, however, you've installed software to "hide" the ip & location from other prying eyes. If you wish for your ip & location to be published all over the web don't use a vpn. Maybe it would be best if you contact Kaspersky Technical Support, ask them to assist you disclosing your location while using KSC/VPN. Thank you. Wikipedia Virtual private network

Thanks for the info Flood. I understand how VPN works but generally they will find a server closer to where you are located to feed the signal through which is why we have choices of countries. When I have used VPN's in the past (with another computer) they were much closer to home.

Thanks for the info Flood. I understand how VPN works but generally they will find a server closer to where you are located to feed the signal through which is why we have choices of countries. When I have used VPN's in the past (with another computer) they were much closer to home.
Hello iqofgenius, Thanks for posting back. Kaspersky's Secure Connection (Premium) has 18 global locations available for selection. The free version also has access to the same 18 locations, however, the software chooses the remote location automatically. The actual whereabouts of each secure server in each remote location is not disclosed. Best regards

If you go to speedtest.net you can check you download and upload speeds and at the same time Ookla will show the servers your computer is being routed through.
Hello iqofgenius, Do you mean, when you use speedtest.net with Kaspersky Secure Connection enabled and active, you can see the server route? Please post an image? Thank you.

• 10 months later...

Even with a speedtest.net it seems to be a common issue This has happened to me with a couple a few other services. I think the issue was that sometimes when foreign servers are overloaded you will be routed automatically to a different server. With Kaspersky it hasn't happened to me though, One suggestion is to check address from a 3rd party web service, whatsmyipaddress.com is ok as well I think or use software to monitor it, so you can see your IP history log - it might be useful for the support team to have detailed timestamp, so they can detect the anomaly.