Comparison: Plus vs. Premium vs. Internet Security vs. Total security

Hi,

I am looking to purchase a version of Kaspersky. I am currently running the free version. What I am wondering is what is the difference between the four in the title. It looks like 2 completely different lines of software. I am used to the internet security and total security line, but then there is this (new?) free, basic, plus and premium suite. 

What is the difference between the two lines of software. Is premium comparable to total security.

Hello @jkiejr

Welcome!

@Danila T. has put together: Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ.

The 'Premium', offered in MR6, Kaspersky's new generation software, is not an actual individual software product, it's a 'service', see: Premium Support Services & Comparison of subscription plans

?Note: the MR6 line, activates as soon as the product is paid for, not when the software is installed. 

• KAV = Basic
  • KIS = Standard
  • KSC = Plus
  • KTS apparently has no future development?
  1. Which Kaspersky Free version are you currently using -> How to find the name and the version number of a Kaspersky application

We recommend testing any Kaspersky software before investing, that way you can make a fully informed decision.

Thank you?

Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, M4ST3RT8 said:

Hi, I'm from Argentina and I don't see the option to download/install/upgrade my KTS to Kaspersky Plus, am I stuck until I renew my subscription? I have a 2 years plan with more than 240 days left...

Hello @M4ST3RT8

Welcome!

The rollout of the new generation software is staggered & progressive, it has begun for some regions. 

We've just checked & according to Kaspersky support, the Argentina rollout for Kaspersky PLUS will be the 6th Dec 2022, subject to change.

Thank you?

Flood?+?

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @M4ST3RT8

Welcome!

The rollout of the new generation software is staggered & progressive, it has begun for some regions. 

We've just checked & according to Kaspersky support, the Argentina rollout for Kaspersky PLUS will be the 6th Dec 2022, subject to change.

Thank you?

Flood?+?

Ok, understood, another question though.. could I download from another region and use that product? I don't mind an english interface for example, I don't know if I'm limited by my license to use what's available to Argentina

Edited by M4ST3RT8

3 minutes ago, M4ST3RT8 said:

Ok, understood, another question though.. could I download from another region and use that product? I don't mind an english interface for example, I don't know if I'm limited by my license to use what's available to Argentina

Hello @M4ST3RT8

Thank you for posting back!

The license/subscription must be activated in the country of purchase, so, if you were to download from, for example, the US site, you'd probably see "Activation code is invalid for this region" error

Thank you?

Flood?+?

• Like 1

I was looking at some links posted here, talking about comparisons of previous versions with the most current ones.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium
Q1. How all countries compatible with older apps?

Kaspersky Anti-Virus Kaspersky Basic
Kaspersky Internet Security Kaspersky Standard
Kaspersky Security Cloud Kaspersky Plus

Kaspersky Premium - ???

My Premium question will be which product?

Edited by SystemInfo

On 8/5/2022 at 11:29 PM, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @M4ST3RT8

Welcome!

Thank you?

Flood?+?

I own Total Security, will that be changed to Kaspersky Premium once the rollout is complete? To pay an expensive subscription then have it pulled out from under you isn't alright. I'm perfectly happy to keep paying for a different subscription once my current one runs out, but I want the best security plan and I still have 500+ days remaining.

3 hours ago, TheEntity said:
  1. I own Total Security, will that be changed to Kaspersky Premium once the rollout is complete?

To pay an expensive subscription then have it pulled out from under you isn't alright. I'm perfectly happy to keep paying for a different subscription once my current one runs out, but I want the best security plan and I still have 500+ days remaining.

Hello @TheEntity

Welcome!

1. No, KTS is not replaced by Kaspersky Premium, in the the guide @Danila T.has written: Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ, he says: "KTS does not have a directly compatible new app. But KTS customers will be allowed to renew with and upgrade to Kaspersky Plus."
  • Note: changing from KTS to Kaspersky Plus is not free. 

Thank you?

Flood?+?

6 hours ago, SystemInfo said:

Kaspersky Anti-Virus Kaspersky Basic
Kaspersky Internet Security Kaspersky Standard
Kaspersky Security Cloud Kaspersky Plus

Kaspersky Premium - ???

Hello @SystemInfo

Welcome back!

The 'Premium', offered in Kaspersky's new generation software, is not an actual individual software product, it's a 'service', see: Premium Support Services & Comparison of subscription plans

We've reached out to Support, to clarify if Premium is available to be added to all three: Basic, Standard, Plus, or not; Support don't know, they are seeking advice from Russia; as soon as the information is available we'll update this topic. 

Thank you?

Flood?+?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @TheEntity

Welcome!

1. No, KTS is not replaced by Kaspersky Premium, in the the guide @Danila T.has written: Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ, he says: "KTS does not have a directly compatible new app. But KTS customers will be allowed to renew with and upgrade to Kaspersky Plus".
  • Note: changing from KTS to Kaspersky Plus is not free. 

Thank you?

Flood?+?

I understand when you say that switching from KTS to Kaspersky Plus is not free.
I have a question to ask:
1 - I use KTS, to make the change to PLUS, I just buy the serial for PLUS and put it in my KTS that automatically Update the Product to the new generation?
2 - Or will I have to uninstall, download a new product and install it and have all the work that will take that I have on computers?

On 8/6/2022 at 1:29 AM, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello !! Do you know when the "standard" version will be available in the european union (EU) to download from the global site ??

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bep1995 said:

Hello !! Do you know when the "standard" version will be available in the European union (EU) to download from the global site ??

Hello @bep1995

Welcome!

• We reached out to Kaspersky support, they advised: "we do not have information yet when the European union (EU) version will be released on the Global website."
  • They are seeking advice from Russia; as soon as the information is available we'll update this topic. 

Thank you?

Flood?+?

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, SystemInfo said:
  1. I understand when you say that switching from KTS to Kaspersky Plus is not free. 
  2. I use KTS, to make the change to PLUS, I just buy the serial for PLUS and put it in my KTS that automatically Update the Product to the new generation?
  3. Or will I have to uninstall, download a new product and install it and have all the work that will take that I have on computers?

Hello @SystemInfo

Thank you for posting back!

1. Correct, changing from KTS to any of Kaspersky's new generation software is not free?
  2. No, read: Installing over other Kaspersky applications - specifically: When you install the new application, previously installed Kaspersky Anti-Virus, Kaspersky Internet Security, Kaspersky Security Cloud, Kaspersky Total Security applications are removed. The license of a removed application can be used for the new Kaspersky application, with the exception of the Kaspersky Total Security license. The settings of removed applications are kept.

Personally, for KTS changeover, we think it's better to do the following:

1. Export KTS Settings (IF you wish to maintain current configuration). 
  2. Uninstall KTS, leaving all check boxes empty. 
  3. Download & clean install PLUS.
  • ?Remember, the activation of the new generation software: Basic, Standard, Plus, starts as soon as you pay for it, even if you don't install it at the same time as you pay for it; what does that mean? The "days" count, starts on the day you pay for the subscription, not the software install date?

Thank you?

Flood?+?

• Like 2

Hello @SystemInfo

In answer to your question: 

Kaspersky Premium - ?

• ?Kaspersky expert support have advised: 
  1. Premium Support is included only in the Kaspersky Premium package.
  2. Premium Support is not included with the other products: BASIC, STANDARD, PLUS;  Premium Support is purchased separately

Kaspersky Premium Support. Get extra peace of mind plus access to exclusive services available only to premium customers. The plan gives access to:

• A 24x7* priority access to a premium support agent via phone or chat.
  • One-click access to chat with a premium support agent with unlimited remote assistance included.
  • Professional virus rand spyware removal on any Windows or Mac device with a Kaspersky application installed.
  • Complimentary Expert Installation and Set-up Service of a Kaspersky application on one Windows or Mac device. This service is a great way to ensure an error-free installation of the software.
  • One complimentary Health Check on a Windows or Mac device. During a Health Check, our experts will perform a multipoint inspection to ensure the highest level of protection and performance of the device.
  • After purchasing the Kaspersky Premium Support plan, you will receive contacts to the dedicated support channels. The term of the premium support plan is 1 year. The subscription to the plan is renewable. *excluding major holidays.

Kaspersky Expert Installation and Set-up. Sit back and relax while your software is installed and set-up by a Kaspersky Expert. During the remote session, the Kaspersky expert will:

• Run the installation via remote connection.
  • Make sure the installation progress is error free.
  • Provide an overview of settings and features of the application.
  • Answer any questions about the application or installation in the process.
  • Adjust the application settings based on customer's needs.
  • Confirm the application is installed, set up correctly and works properly.
  • The service covers installation of any Kaspersky application on one device that supports Windows or Mac operating systems. The service is redeemable 24x7, excluding major holidays.

image.thumb.png.626c6db1d64820e041dcc8761973d580.png

Thank you?

Flood?+?

Resource:

Premium Services

6 hours ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

• We reached out to Kaspersky support, they advised: "we do not have information yet when the European union (EU) version will be released on the Global website."
  • They are seeking advice from Russia; as soon as the information is available we'll update this topic. 

Ok !! so... i will wait for the eu release !!

• Like 1

@bep1995

Thank you for your clarification.

As far as I know the new Kaspersky EU Gdpr versions will become available on the App Store & Google Play (mobile versions) and the download releases for other platforms should follow in your My Kaspersky portal. I assume (subject to change) an ETA will be somewhere next month. I have to check if the Global Website will offer EU Gdpr versions ?

• Like 1

Is a "my kaspersky" account a requirement for the new versions ?? Cause i have tried the new kaspersky standard in a virtual machine downloaded from the kaspersky.co.uk and it doesn't let me to finish the installation without sign in.

53 minutes ago, bep1995 said:

Is a "my kaspersky" account a requirement for the new versions ?? Cause i have tried the new kaspersky standard in a virtual machine downloaded from the kaspersky.co.uk and it doesn't let me to finish the installation without sign in.

Hello @bep1995

Welcome back!

Yes!

Read: all of How to install the application, especially: 

To continue using the application, you must connect to My Kaspersky and complete the activation process; for details, see the following sections:

What is My Kaspersky for?

How to activate a subscription on your device

Thank you?

Flood?+?

@bep1995

On 8/10/2022 at 4:30 PM, bep1995 said:

yeap !!

Kaspersky HQ Experts are confirming that  Gdpr versions are only provided on the EU multi-language Websites.
A couple of soft  launches such as fr & nl  are planned mid September 2022  , other EU countries are still TBD.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi all.

Just looking for clarification. I was just looking at Eugene Kaspersky's twitter page and followed a link to his blog page and according to him there will be three levels of Kaspersky going forward. They will be Standard, Plus and Premium. He indicates that just AV will no longer be available. I see no mention of a Basic plan. It appears the Standard=KIS. Just want to be clear regarding the new offerings.

Edited by Khan