Community Plugins access blocked in Obsidian Notetaking software Obsidian.md

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Version of your operating system: Windows 10 Home, 19044.1706

Name and version number of the Kaspersky application: Kaspersky Total Security 21.3.10.391 (i)

Explain in details the nature of your problem.

Obsidian note taking application can install plugins from a community github.  Recently, it stopped accessing the plugins list.  If it "pause" Kaspersky, it works again.  

None of the reports show activity to indicate what is causing this.

image.jpeg

It's not just this one application that's failing to connect to the internet.  Discord is failing to update and another application, Fantasy Grounds, is failing to update.  Fantasy Grounds is giving this error:

"Unable to complete SSL connection"

Web browser connectivity works ok.

If I turn off Kaspersky, the above applications (Obsidian, Discord, Fantasy Grounds) work as expected. 

• Thanks 1

• Solution
36 minutes ago, metalsailor said:

It's not just this one application that's failing to connect to the internet.  Discord is failing to update and another application, Fantasy Grounds, is failing to update.  Fantasy Grounds is giving this error:

"Unable to complete SSL connection"

Web browser connectivity works ok.

If I turn off Kaspersky, the above applications (Obsidian, Discord, Fantasy Grounds) work as expected. 

Hello @metalsailor

Thank you for posting back & the information!

@Igor Kurzin has a fix that may help:

1. Disable KTS Self-Defense via Settings -> General.
  2. Exit Kaspersky product, on the Windows Taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select Exit
  3. Go to folder C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP21.3\, rename the folder Report to Report1
  4. Shutdown machine using Shutdown, not Restart, power on the machine by pressing the power button, login. Start KTS.
  5. Enable KTS Self-Defense.
  6. Re-check original issue?
  7. Please let us know the outcome? 

Thank you?

Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
  • Like 1