Collections on Edge is blocked by Kaspersky

Rentoma
Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Hi all,

Kaspersky is blocking a feature called collections on Microsoft edge in my windows 11. 

I got the message "This content is blocked. Contact the site owner to fix the issue." if I try to open that feature via shortcut (ctrl+shift+y) or via its address(edge://collections/) 

edge-problem.thumb.png.71160b5b72d105faa64c35ca75a585f7.png

The above picture shows the behavior I mentioned. Seems to be something related by CORS, but I'm not sure.

I could not find anything on Kaspersky logs that correlates with this being blocked, I even added this address in some whitelists, and all still the same. I even try to disable every feature one by one without success, the only thing that works is fully disable Kaspersky, and restart the edge process, otherwise this do not work. 

Any idea how to solve this? 

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, this behavior continued even after I reinstalled the OS a couple weeks ago.

Edited by Rentoma
forgot to post relevant information.

• Solution

Hello @Rentoma

Welcome!

1. Which KIS version & patch(x), x=letter is installed, on the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About?
  2. Edge has a CORS Unblock extension that you could test?
  3. In Edge, have any extensions been installed & have you checked all extensions, disabling each one - one at a time, to see if the "The content was blocked" error resolves? 
  4. Which Cookie permissions have been granted in the Edge browser for edge://collections/, including Third party? 
  5. When you receive the message - "The content was blocked", in the Edge browser, has KIS Protection extension, Anti-Banner Allow on this website been set ON
  6. When you receive the message - "The content was blocked", in the Edge browser, is KIS Protection extension, Private Browsing Allow data collection - enabled?
  7. In KIS Reports, are there any events that match the Edge Collection -> "The content was blocked" issues?
  8. We cannot replicate the issue @ edge://collections/ image.png.92d761ed15c1b10d730536ba011dc7d5.png

Please post back? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Resource:

Read before you create a new topic! - by Danila T.

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
  • Thanks 1

Hello @Flood and Flood's wife thanks for taking time to look at that, and sorry for my late reply. 

Regarding your questions.

1. Letter 'j' 

2. Could not find that searching for CORS or Cross-Origin in the settings ? 

3. Yes, I tried to disable all my current extensions and restart the edge process, same error

4. ....

5.  When I was writing that I did not have that extension installed on my edge, I went there, installed and *BOOM* now I can see the collections on Edge ?

For some reason that extension seems to be necessary, and I was not aware of that.

And this only works if I have the anti-banner deactivated, otherwise the content is blocked, and since the address do not start with http* and yes with edge:// I cannot add this site in the "allow list" ... what is not a big problem as I use AD Guard to block banners and stuff.

Well problem solved I guess ?

Thanks again ? 

• Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem. Collections work when antispam is disabled. 

Tje software is kaspersky security cloud family. Occur in all my computers

I can't add the URL edge://collections/ to allow sites in atispam section

Edited by Pituso
add information

Hello @Pituso

Welcome!

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
formatting

Hello @Pituso

You're most welcome!

Thank you for the update. 

• Log a request with Kaspersky support, on the support page: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts, select either Chat or Email, then fill in Application malfunction, Other template; please include any screen images of the error & a detailed history. Support may request logs, traces & other data; they will guide you. 

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

• 2 weeks later...

I have reported the incident to support.
However, I think the problem comes because in collections Microsoft has introduced suggestions for collections and I think that's where the problem comes from.
Cannot disable start collecting edge collections
However, it seems that it already works by enabling antispam in kis

The problem has been solved. I have received this reply from kis support
Dear Customer,

Dear customer, we hope you are well.

Thank you for contacting Kaspersky support.

Fixed bug 6428211, the solution will be available through the database update.

• Like 1

On 3/16/2023 at 6:36 AM, Igor Kurzin said:

hi @AlejandroLC, please share the incident number with us. 
Does it help to disable Anti-Banner? 
hi @Pituso, antispam or Anti-Banner? Please clarify

The problem has been solved. I have received this reply from kis support
Dear Customer,

Dear customer, we hope you are well.

Thank you for contacting Kaspersky support.

Fixed bug 6428211, the solution will be available through the database update.

thanks

Edited by Pituso
I tried to delete