Cloud item ignored in scan

Andy2c

Hello.

After a scan (with Kaspersky Internet Security)  the results detected 1 cloud item ignored.

Since the scan’s details show only the beginning and end of the scan, can someone tell me what that “cloud item ignored”  stands for and if the scan detecting one could be dangerous for my pc?

Welcome.  Please post the full, complete detection details. Full file name, full path, full location, detection verdict. Post screenshot of Reports > Detailed reports > Detected objects. 
Main Kaspersky window > More Tools > Reports > upper right > Detailed reports > at the upper left, drop down from All Events to Detected objects. 

How to take and post screenshot: https://support.kaspersky.com/common/diagnostics/492

PrtSc (Print screen) key (upper right part of keyboard)> open Paint (Start > All programs > Accessories) > Edit > Paste, File > 
Save as (jpeg or png, Not bmp). When replying, bottom left of reply box > Drag files here to attach, or choose files... Submit reply. 

Thank you very much for the “step by step” tips, they were very helpful.

The screens will be in Italian, I might have posted this in the wrong section so I apologize if that’s the case.

As for the screens’ content, the “detected objects” page didn’t detect any object (it didn’t detect any event) and the “detailed report” page of the full scan shows only when the scan started and when it ended. Lastly, what I worry about is the highlighted bit in the “report page” screen that says “Oggetti cloud ignorati 1”, in english “cloud items/objects ignored 1”

Hello  @Andy2c,

Thank you for the images👏

Additional to   @richbuff🙇

Please tell us:

1. Operating system version
  2. KIS version?
  3. Is the Cloud being scanned OneDrive?
  4. Please Export the Report, save as a .txt file, attach to your reply (select Paperclip icon) please?
  5. & please select Details, as per my image 

Please let us know?

Thank you. 

1. The operating system is: “Windows 10 Home, version 1909”
  2. KIS version: “20.0.14.1085 (e)”
  3. I couldn’t find any info on the (ignored) cloud from the scan, but it probably is One Drive as it is the only cloud that I have saved on my pc - as far as I know -
  4. Attached the exported report, even though it is in Italian - and it, too, shows only the beginning and end of the scan -
  5. Sent again the “details” screen, but it shows only the beginning and end of the scan

Hello  @Andy2c

Thank you for replying and the information🙏 . 

May I ask, is this the first time you’ve seen this issue? For all previous 1Drive scans have the reports shown x objects scanned? (x = number of objects)

The following may be of interest:

Scanning files in OneDrive cloud storage
In Windows 10 RS3 (1709) or later, Kaspersky Internet Security does not scan files in OneDrive cloud storage. If the application detects such files during a scan, it shows a notification stating that the files in cloud storage were not scanned.

Maybe, it would be best to ask Kaspersky Technical Support to advise? 

TS will require GSI & Windows Logs, they may also require Traces to be run as the issue is replicated, if required, TS will guide you with collecting the data. 

I’m sorry I haven’t answered your query, however, I’m interested to know the outcome if you do escalate to TS please?

Thank you

Thank you for the quick replies.

Also yes, this is the first time that the report showed “x ignored cloud” . Recently I did a clean installation of windows, formatting my pc, and before I did that KIS never showed me that “ignored cloud” message. It’s actually quite probable that I missed some updates, previously, either from the Windows side or from KIS and that the ignored cloud is just 1drive.

I’ll try to ask TS about it and update the result here too.

Thank you very much for all the help and the willingness (in answering my questions)

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...