Chrome remote desktop is blocked by kis's firewall [Closed]

Klohtun
Go to solution Solved by Klohtun,

@Klohtun You must configure packet rules in KIS (Settings - Protection - Firewall - Configure packet rules).

Verify that firewall permits outbound UDP traffic, permits inbound UDP responses and allows traffic on TCP ports 443 (HTTPS) and 5222 (XMPP)

I’ve tried to add “allow” rule with both in and out for all protocols and addresses (and put it to the top of the rules list) - full access in other words. It didn’t help.

added: all google’s apps are trusted

• 4 weeks later...

I bought Kaspersky yesterday. None of the above helped me.

I have configured Kaspersky to allow all connections inbound/outbound. Disabled all the other rules. Resetting did not help. Reimporting the old configuration causes some corruption in the Application Network Rules, some applications are suddenly put in other subgroups.

I even tried all the application rules and excluding things but that did nothing as well.

I tested every setting but it just won’t work. The only way I can get Chrome Remote Desktop to work is disabling the firewall, but that’s not what I want.

Hello  @KasHelpMe,

Additional to  @richbuff,

When the issue occurs, are there any errors in the  Chrome Remote Desktop browser & or the Chrome Developer Console?

& when Kaspersky Technical Support provide a solution, please share it here with the Community?

Thank you🙏

Hi, thank you for your reply. I am currently at home so I can’t try connecting or debugging it via another computer. I’ve been testing it via my smart phone and it throws the following error ( roughly translated from my language):

“Establishing connection...”

“Can’t reach host. This is probably due to the network configuration on target host.”

The computer is visible in the list of “My computers” and the status is shown online. I can connect via the computer onto itself without any problem. The smart phone is connected to the same network via WIFI.

Resetting the whole configuration of Kaspersky to defaults doesn’t help also.

@richbuff Thanks, I’ve already made a ticket.

Hello  @KasHelpMe,

Thank you for replying.

I also have been testing b/w computer & smart phone, and getting the same error “Can’t reach host. This is probably due to the network configuration on target host

For me, as well, each of the following matches:

The computer is visible in the list of “My computers”

The status is shown online.

I can connect via the computer onto itself without any problem.

The smart phone is connected to the same network via WIFI.

One aspect that’s concerning about the Chrome Remote Desktop  solution, the password is visible in the browser log. 

➡ Is there a reason you’re choosing to use CRD?

(imo) there’s better/more secure tools available. 

I’m happy to keep working on this, if I manage to make any progress I’ll update here.

I look forward to hearing what the Kaspersky Technical Support team advise? 

Thank you🙏

Hi @FLOOD . Unfortunately my employer refuses to rent Teamviewer. It’s a very expensive solution.

I’ve tested several remote desktop solutions and Chrome Remote Desktop was almost as good as Teamviewer in terms of speed and visual quality. Since I do 3D animation for a living, speed and visual quality are very important to me. If you know any other good (free) solution which has good speed and no compression artifacts then I'm all ears.

Hello  @KasHelpMe,

As you have very specific requirements, have tested solutions (which we don’t know what they are) & have a case raised with Kaspersky Technical Support, let’s wait for the outcome. 

Also, artifacts, compression or otherwise, can be attributed to many factors, (imo) the goal is to use a solution that meets your professional needs, is secure, configurable, stable and free, maybe CRD will be suitable…🤔  

Please let us know the outcome, from the Kaspersky Technical Team, when it’s available?

Thank you 

Via Cash App Customer Service, Avail The Right Guidance And Supervision

Cash app helps you to fetch the right kind of guidance and supervision directly from the customer care experts. Here, you will be able to avail Cash App Customer Service and opt for the quickest troubleshooting help and support. Here, you will be able to have a word with the troubleshooting technicians at anytime.