Chrome Extension Problem

Go to solution Solved by Guest,

Greetings! Well I have been facing this problem for quite long time. The added Kaspersky Password Manager chrome extension is showing password incorrect/error when entering the actual correct password. If entered for 2-3 times it shows wrong later when entered again it shows correct even sometimes it keeps on showing wrong. But, while entering the password at Windows Kaspersky Password Manager App it instantly shows correct and can login in. But the Chrome extension is showing such issues. Regards,

• 3 weeks later...
Hello, I have the same problem, the extension works well with other browsers but with Chrome it does not work and yes I am sure to enter the correct password because I do the test in other browsers and in the same Windows application and enter without problems. I hope you can review and solve the problem. Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...
yes the exact as u shown above. chrome it is disabled and not possible to enable.
Hello renjanmon, Welcome! Please tell us:
  1. Operating system: (a) full name? (b) version? (c) build? (d) release?
  2. KPM: (a) free? or licensed? {see note at the end of my reply} (b) version? (c) patch(x)? x=letter
  3. KPM extension version?
  4. GoogleChrome version?
  5. In KPM application, which browser is "default" ?
  6. When did the issue begin?
  7. Has KPM ever worked in GoogleChrome browser?
  8. Is KPM extension enabled?
  9. Please upload an image of the issue you have?
Please post back? Thank you. Note: Kaspersky free software has (config) limitations, advertising & no Technical Support. If we know this, we ensure we never waste your time, advising you, for example: "contact Technical Support".

I am experiancing the same problem, but with the KPWM console / GUI, rather than a specific browser (I use Firefox (v69.0) and Chrome (v76.0.3809.132) Win7/64). It keeps returning "Database file is corrupted". Question: Are there limits to the length or content of the 'master password'?

I am experiancing the same problem, but with the KPWM console / GUI, rather than a specific browser (I use Firefox (v69.0) and Chrome (v76.0.3809.132) Win7/64). It keeps returning "Database file is corrupted". Question: Are there limits to the length or content of the 'master password'?
Hello Stevienna, Welcome! The "rules" for KPM Master password are: "at least eight characters long and contains uppercase and lowercase letters, digits, and special characters" ---
  1. What device operating system, KPM application is installed on?
  2. Is this a new error, or, has always been an issue since KPM was installed?
  3. Can you show us an image of the error please?
Please check:
  1. KPM application, is "auto-sync" enabled/on?
  2. Firefox: KPM extension, it should be version: 4.1.15. Last Updated June 2, 2019
  3. Chrome: KPM extension, it should be version: 4.1.15 Updated, 27 May 2019
---- To troubleshoot: ***Check your device is connecting to the internet & there are no network issues*** (1) Google Chrome: ***Export Bookmarks***
  1. Reset Google Chrome - chrome://settings/reset
This will reset your startup page, new tab page, search engine and pinned tabs. It will also disable all extensions and clear temporary data like cookies. Your bookmarks, history and saved passwords will not be cleared. (2) FireFox ***Export Bookmarks*** a) In Firefox browser, go to Help, select Troubleshooting Information, copy the path of Profile Folder C:\Users\Yourname\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\db3mrwh5.default-1557647724287 b) On your device, go to the Profile Folder, make a copy - save to desktop.
  1. Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings
(3) Reboot, power off/off device. (4) Sign into device: (4a) Start KPM application (4b) Sign in using Master Password (4c) Manually sync KPM application with server (5) Start Google Chrome browser, check if KPM extension is installed and enabled? (5a) IF "yes", retest issue? (5b) IF KPM extension is not installed, go to GooglePlayStore - Kaspersky Password Manager, (5ba) Install KPM extension. (5bc) Exit Google Chrome browser (5bd) Start Google Chrome browser, check if KPM extension is installed and enabled? (5be) IF "yes", retest issue? Result: Working? :clap_tone3: -- (6) Firefox KPM extension, is not installed from Google Play Store, if KPM extension is not installed in FireFox browser, please do the following:
  1. In FireFox browser , in the url field, enter about:addons or select Addons
  2. In the Manage Your Extensions window, select, select Install Addon from File,
go to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Password Manager 9.0.2, select kpm.xpi file, after file is installed, exit Firefox browser, restart FireFox browser, repeat checking steps. Not working:thinking: , please let us know? Note: to ensure no data is lost: from KPM application, make a backup & export a copy of the data - the export is saved locally, make sure it is protected. The information (links) I've provided are for KPM/Windows, the rules for Mac, Android, & iOS have some differences, if your device is not Windows, please let me know? Thank you:pray_tone3: Kaspersky Password Manager KPM Export Library Kaspersky Password Manager for Microsoft Windows - Library

• 2 weeks later...
I am experiancing the same problem with the KPM extension using the Google Crome. I followed and performed the last instructions, but the KPM shows an incorrect password message. Also the link to Forgot your master password is not working. This problem started around 2 months ago. Chrome: Version 77.0.3865.90 (Official Build) (64-bit) KPM extension: Version 4.1.16.2 KPM: Version 9.0.2.1186 (c) / 1566924466_6244 Windows 10 Home Single Language

I am experiencing the same problem with the KPM extension using the Google Chrome. I followed and performed the last instructions, but the KPM shows an incorrect password message. Also the link to Forgot your master password is not working. This problem started around 2 months ago.
Hello Guilherme, Welcome!
  1. Does the "incorrect password" issue only happen with Google Chrome, or every browser: Firefox & IE?
  2. Can you sign into KPM application with your Master Password?
  3. When the KPM "incorrect password" error happens, is KPM application active ?
  4. When the "incorrect password" error happens, what KPM processes are active in Task Manager ? (image1)
(5) (image 2) Is this the "incorrect password" message Please post back? Thank you.

Hello nramirezsalas, Stevienna, renjanmon, Guilherme, IF KPM application is not active, signing into KPM via the browser will generate: ❗️Incorrect Master Password, note, in my image, the ?is black⚫️ If I start KPM application, but don't sign in to the application, KPM application remains locked (red) I then sign in from the KPM browser extension, ?turns ?, KPM master password sign in successful: Please check and let me know if ongoing issues occur? Many thanks

Hello FLOOD
  1. 1. The "incorrect password" issue only happen with Google Chrome. In the IE is working.
  2. 2. Yes, I can. In the settings / browser, the application shows that the extension is installed, but do not show as activated. I also already followed the instructions there. (image 1)
  1. 3. Afirm, the KPM application is active when shows this message.
  2. 4. The KPM Isolation Loader and KPM Service (image 2)
  1. 5. Yes, it is.
Thanks

Hello FLOOD
  1. 1. The "incorrect password" issue only happen with Google Chrome. In the IE is working.
  2. 2. Yes, I can. In the settings / browser, the application shows that the extension is installed, but do not show as activated. I also already followed the instructions there. (image 1)
  3. 3. Afirm, the KPM application is active when shows this message.
  4. 4. The KPM Isolation Loader and KPM Service (image 2)
  5. 5. Yes, it is.
Hello Guilherme, Thanks for posting back AND the images:clap_tone3: How is the "default browser configured in Windows? Please let m know? Thank you

The default browser configured in Windows is the Google Chrome. No other browser used. Hello Guilherme, You're welcome:slight_smile: Please follow these steps:
  1. Confirm your computer meets requirements - Kaspersky Password Manager for Microsoft Windows
  2. KPM application, create BACKUP copy.
  3. KPM application, export KPM data.
  4. KPM, Settings, Browsers, Supported Browsers - delete Internet Explorer - refer image 1
  5. Using Windows, Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features, uninstall KPM (refer UNINSTALL procedures at the end of my reply)
  6. Reboot computer using SHUTDOWN, not RESTART
  7. Power on computer
  8. Sign in.
  9. If you use AV software, make sure it is active.
  10. Download a fresh KPM executable & install (refer INSTALL procedures at the end of my reply)
  11. Reboot computer using SHUTDOWN, not RESTART.
  12. Power on computer.
  13. Sign in.
  14. Make sure AV software is running.
  15. Start KPM - check Settings, Browsers, Supported Browsers - Google Chrome status?
  16. Start Google Chrome browser, if necessary, activate Kaspersky Password Manager extension.
  17. Recheck issue?
image 1 Please let me know? Thank you:pray_tone3: Uninstall & Install KPM

Hello FLOOD I followed all these steps but the KPM Extension is not working yet. I also performed similar steps with the Google Chrome. The issue was not solved.
Hello Guilherme, Please post:
  1. Image of KPM Settings Browsers window?
  2. Image of chrome://extensions/?id=dhnkblpjbkfklfloegejegedcafpliaa window?
  3. What privileges were used to install KPM please?
Please post back? Thank you.

• 1 year later...

I formatted my computer with the latest windows:

Edition    Windows 10 Pro
Version    20H2
Installed on    ‎12/‎23/‎2020
OS build    19042.685
Experience    Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

Now I’m facing the same problem with all browsers.

• Solution

@Nacer , hello!

Could you please clarify how was KPM installed? Simultaniously with main product (KAV\KIS\KTS\KSC)? or separately from KPM installer?

Try the following:

1. Try to Exit from KPM, then launch it as Administrator. Does it fix the issue? After this restart KPM as usual (launch KPM as usual, not as Administrator).
  2. Open cmd.exe as Administrator, then execute the command kpm.exe -RegServer Then reteset the issue again.

Tell about the results.

If the issue persits: remove KPM via Control Panel, reboot, install KPM from the separate installer

Tell about the result.

Thank you!!!