Chrome Extension 20.0.543.401 v Chrome Extension 5.1.93.0 [Closed]

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

I have reverted back to Chrome Extension 20.0.543.401 which resolved the problem I had when I tried to install 5.1.93.0. The problem was that my green shield on websites became grey. At that stage I was still on KIS 19.0.0.1088 (d) which may not have been ready to accept extension 5.1.93.0 I have a number of questions: Is there in fact any benefit in using 5.1.93.0 and if there is, where do I find it? Now that I am on patch (e) can I be sure that my green shield will not go grey again i.e. is patch (e) compatible with 5.1.93.0? Finally do I need to do anything anyway or will KIS after my upgrade to (e) eventually and automatically change my extension to the latest level? Thanks mikethebike

I had thought my questions in my post above would be fairly easy to answer but if not, can I ask if anyone who has received the 2019 KIS patch (e) has found that they have been given the 5.1.93.0 extension automatically or if not, have downloaded it with no adverse consequences and if so what differences it made? It is just not clear to me how to find the latest Chrome extension and more importantly whether there is any alert that K gives when a new Chrome extension is available. Clearly if there is an automatic upgrade to the latest extension then none of this matters which brings me back to one of my original questions I cannot find the thread in which it was mentioned but I am sure I can recall that a link to 5.1.93.0 was given in that post. The earlier release was November 2018 and the later release 5.1.93.0 was early April 2019. Thanks for any replies mikethebike

Hello mikethebike, I'm assuming you're using Google Chrome browser? If that's incorrect please let us know? Otherwise: chrome://extensions/ chrome://extensions/?id=amkpcclbbgegoafihnpgomddadjhcadd https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/kaspersky-protection/amkpcclbbgegoafihnpgomddadjhcadd
  1. Not all sure how to answer the 5.1.93.0 question, sorry, there's some posts from harlan4096 (& others) here: https://malwaretips.com/threads/kfa-kav-kis-kts-ks-18-0-0-405-rc.67859/page-7, but they're way old.... So perhaps may not help...
  2. There's also: a bunch of Forum 5.1.93.0 posts that may help: https://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?/search/&q=5.1.93.0&search_and_or=or
Thanks!

Thanks FLOOD for your reply. Yes it is Chrome browser that I use. It looks from your screen shots that you have the 20.0.543.401 extension and you are on patch(e) so maybe that is still the correct one for patch(e) The Easter holidays may be why nobody else such as a moderator has not replied and after Tuesday my questions will be answered by those with the knowledge mikethebike

Hello Mikethebike, You're correct, I do have 19.0.0.1088(e) & Kaspersky Chrome Extension 20.0.543.401.
  1. I don't understand why you're wishing to use: 5.1.93.0?
  2. I don't understand "reverted back to Chrome Extension 20.0.543.401",
Kaspersky Chrome Extension 20.0.543.401 is the current extension.
  1. I don't understand: "will KIS, after my upgrade to (e) eventually and automatically change my extension to the latest level? ?
Kaspersky Chrome Extension 20.0.543.401 is the latest level, release date: November 7, 2018
  1. I may be wrong, but, I believe the only repository of Kaspersky Chrome Extension/s is Googe Chrome Webstore.
Re: "maybe why nobody else, such as a moderator has not replied and after Tuesday my questions will be answered by those with the knowledge." I'm not sure if that's a backhanded way of saying I know nothing, I agree, I don't know everything, doesn't stop me from wishing & trying to help others! :) There are Moderators onboard, maybe no-one has answered because the issue/s is/are not clear. Thanks!

Thanks for your replies, FLOOD I think that you are saying from your research that extension 5.1.93.0 is in fact an earlier extension from March 2018 whereas the extension 20.0.543.401 is from, I think, November 2018 which is later. So 5.1.93.0 is now non functional as a consequence which makes sense. So yes I can understand why you are puzzled about my whole thread. All I can say is that I was reading another thread a couple of weeks ago which I feel sure mentioned extension 5.1.93.0 in relation to a performance problem. There was a link in it to 5.1.93.0 and it seemed to suggest that this might improve matters so when I discovered I had 20.0.543.401 I assumed that 5.1.93.0 was the later version. There even seemed to be a mention of 5.1.93.0 being April 2019. All of this appears to be nonsense now and it looks as if I was seeing things that were not there I find this a little worrying, for me ,that is, if I am finding things in the Community that do not exist. All I was hoping to do was to get was a moderator such as Berny to say that I had misunderstood matters and that 5.I,93.0 should be ignored as out of date and was irrelevant. Maybe Berny will still confirm that when K changes the Chrome extension then it automatically updates my KIS to that latest extension without any action required on my part. This may seem so obvious to those familiar with how K works that it doesn't require stating but it is/was not obvious to me. I was not trying to say you did not know enough to answer my questions and your findings have been very helpful but I had assumed that there may be some questions about how K works that only a moderator knows and that my questions were in that category Thanks mikethebike

All good Mikethebike, I know what's it's like to read something, later, when it's needed, it's impossible to find, happens all the time (to me?) This may be the post you were thinking of: https://community.kaspersky.com/kaspersky-internet-security-13/performance-issue-chrome-up-to-70-cpu-with-kaspersky-protection-extension-for-chrome-browser-running-592
  1. I'm sure Berny will answer your call.
Thanks!

FLOOD, yes the link you provide in your post above was the one that I had in mind but when I looked at it again the link that I had clicked on which took me to 5.1.93.0 seemed to have disappeared and yet with my non existent knowledge of K extensions, a direct link had to be the only way I could have downloaded it which led to my problem of a grey shield In practical terms it could be said that none of this now matters but it just leaves me puzzled when the route to my problem seems to have vanished like the road on a map that was once there but on opening the map again has vanished mikethebike.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
How can I get the green check of Kaspersky on the browser like kaspersky.com with website www.flcquangngai.nhadat86.vn
Hello Tuancele Welcome!
  1. Please read post from Rodion Nagornov:
https://community.kaspersky.com/advises-and-solutions-sovety-i-resheniya-122/grey-icon-in-search-results-seryy-znachok-vozle-sayta-v-poiskovoy-vydache-1574#post7526 &
  1. Have you submitted it for analysis @ https://virusdesk.kaspersky.com/ ?
  2. If not, do that, and bc the results will be "No information found " , enter your email address in the field on the VD screen, so it is analysed by the Kaspersky Virus Lab experts.
Thanks!