Child's device blocked, daily use limit not reached

Buff Dad

Has anyone had this issue with Safe Kids? Safe Kids on my phone is telling me that my "child's device is blocked because the time limit has been reached". At the same time the activity timeline window shows 1.5 hours of use. The device has a 4 hour use limit.

The next window that says Time Credit shows 17 hrs 16 min out of 4 hours. What is that? Is that somehow related to the block?

Cheers,

3 hours ago, Buff Dad said:
  • The device has a 4 hour use limit.

1. Safe Kids on my phone is telling me that my "child's device is blocked because the time limit has been reached".

2. At the same time the activity timeline window shows 1.5 hours of use.

3. The next window that says Time Credit shows 17 hrs 16 min out of 4 hours.

What is that? Is that somehow related to the block?

Hello @Buff Dad,

Welcome!

Time credit is perplexing, there's zip, zero, zilch in Kaspersky documentation that mentions Time credits & we have KSK, updated to the latest version, with no sign of a Time Credit Window, *however*, parents have been asking for Time credits for ages, so, it's possible Kaspersky may have processed a change and not communicated anything - that would not surprise us at all?

1. What type of device does (your) child use: Windows, MAC, Android, iOS? 
  2. Was (your) child's device updated at the time just prior to the Time Credit showing? 
  3. Does the Time Credit also show up in (your) MyKaspersky, KSK, Reports? 
  4. (you're) not signed into Kaspersky's Beta testing KSK by chance? 

So we can see what you see - post images of the following please: 

• Time use schedule (you've) created for your child? 
  • Activity timeline window?
  • Window showing Time credit? 

Hide any private information before posting back please? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Resource:

How to take a screenshot

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
Edited intro

Hi Flood,

1. My child is on a windows laptop, I am using android phone

2. The time credit has been there since I installed the app a couple of weeks ago. It shows in my android app.

3. Time credit does not show up anywhere else it seems, only in my android app

4. I am not a beta tester

The screenshots are attached.

Thank you for your help.

BD

Screenshot_20230321_203839_KasperskySafeKids - Copy.jpg

Screenshot_20230321_203915_KasperskySafeKids - Copy.jpg

Screenshot_20230322_085253_KasperskySafeKids - Copy.jpg

Screenshot_20230322_085307_KasperskySafeKids - Copy.jpg

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Buff Dad said:
  1. My child is on a windows laptop, I am using android phone
  2. The time credit has been there since I installed the app a couple of weeks ago. It shows in my android app.
  3. Time credit does not show up anywhere else it seems, only in my android app.

Hello @Buff Dad

Thank you!

We did a bit more digging, once again Kaspersky have processed changes but elected not to communicate those to subscribers & or update documentation apart from the following obscure paragraph in Google Play Store KSK app info that may be related: 

Hi parents! We’ve added a progress bar right on the main screen so you can track your child’s online-offline balance. If you have set daily time limits for your child’s device usage, the bar will show how much time is left against each of their gadgets. So now it’s easier to stay informed and enjoy greater peace of mind!

Nothing in the https://support.kaspersky.com/KSK/Mob1.0-iOSTR87-AndroidTR88/en-US/94982.htm, Jan 23 || TR88

v1.89.0.15, no mention of Time Credit.

Sure as night follows day, it will mean something to someone in Russia & they've blithely assumed that everyone else across the globe will be just peachy with the new feature. 

To give you some background, parents have been requesting - the "ability" to manage time across *all* devices" - we have no idea if this change is that, somehow, we doubt it; to us it looks like a reporting function only. 

We've logged a request with Support to find out - we'll update went they respond. 

1. *Apparently* there's also a new Quick switch feature - do you have this?
  2. Can you please test moving the icons - does it work? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Hi,

If by icons you mean main screen widgets, then yes, I can rearrange them up or down.

Quick switch, is that the switch that turns off child's device? If I swipe the main screen down, I have three icons at the top that say "We are changing", "Contribute to the next u..." and "Personalize main screen". The "we are changing" bit promises the quick switch, but I haven't found it anywhere in the app.

Anyway, the app still block the child's device even though the child hasn't reached the allowed use time limit.

Cheers,

G

• Thanks 1

Hello @Buff Dad

Thank you for the information?

Sorry for the delay, trying to get this information just uncovers more unknowns..

Screen widgets, no, if you mean Desktop icons, they could always be moved before this most recent KSK update. 

1. Quick switch, YES, *promised* but does not exist.
  2. Same for All your children on one map
  3. Personalize main screen, place 'important' widgets at the top of the screen, less important ones at the bottom, hmmm, well that appears not to work too... 
  4. Moving right along, Time Credits, support was not helpful, we showed them screen-image 1, the *supervisor* said: "This is basically the remaining time left that the kids can be used the device." We then presented (your) image 2, with Time Credit = 16 hrs., 4 minutes out of 4 hours & the device is blocked - all we got for a reply was a lot of muttering.
    Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.1bb0025fe85dc450318497f76a9b319a.jpeg image.thumb.jpeg.1e37fbee7cf77c72fdb83dda69b9a7d3.jpeg

5. Support acknowledged Time Credits is not documented, they were supposed to escalate the issue, we're still waiting. 

6. Re: "the app still block the child's device even though the child hasn't reached the allowed use time limit." Please log this with support, https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts - on the support page, select either Chat or Email, then fill in Application malfunction, Other template; please include any screen images of the error & a detailed history. Support may request logs, traces & other data; they will guide you. *Please share the outcome with the Community?*

7. Out of curiosity, with this new version, on your child's android, do you *ever* see: Security policy restricts you from stopping this application - image 3?

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.e5338895178bba53bce7acb299a66fb2.jpeg

8. Again, child's android, when selecting the back icon 3 vertical bars, on the bottom of the screen, are there two persistent KSK screens open all the time - that can be closed but are open when the back icon is selected again - image 4?

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.53cf5889c78b6a6871f4b7af22c462b9.jpeg

**The new version Survey sheds some light on where they're going with the changes; sadly it appears they've decided to road test an apparently unfinished app on paying customers**

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
removed white space

Hi Flood,

My child uses a Windows device, so I cannot comment on the android security restriction or persistent KSK screens. My only issue with the app is that it immediately issues a block as soon as the device is started, no usage required. Otherwise it does what I need it to do. I was hoping to be able to get away with just warnings and not resort to blocks, but we all know that does not work with children.

Okay, I will contact Kaspersky help, see what they say.

Cheers,

BD

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Buff Dad said:

My child uses a Windows device. 

Hello @Buff Dad

Thank you for the information!

Before contacting support, please share with us:

1. Windows OS version & buildhttps://support.kaspersky.com/common/diagnostics/15026
  2. On the Window device: KSK versionHow to find out which version of Kaspersky Safe Kids is installed on your device
  3. Sign into (your) MyKaspersky account, on a Windows device, go to the Device use tab, print out & post back the Device use time (you've) configured please? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same issue with both kids android phone. Both have 2hr usage limit, (0 hrs out of 2 hrs) but KSK says "child's device is blocked".

The quick workaround was that i blocked and then unblocked the phone (Block device).

• 6 months later...
On 3/21/2023 at 8:16 AM, Buff Dad said:

Has anyone had this issue with Safe Kids? Safe Kids on my phone is telling me that my "child's device is blocked because the time limit has been reached". At the same time the activity timeline window shows 1.5 hours of use. The device has a 4-hour use limit. The next window that says Time Credit shows 17 hrs. 16 min out of 4 hours. What is that? Is that somehow related to the block?

Hello @Buff Dad

• Update from Kaspersky experts, there is no Time Credit anymore - this is now called Used Time.

image.thumb.jpeg.21ed59d2a23d276651244158cb051c51.jpeg

IF the original issue persists, please update the Community? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋