child request for extra time

Raz

Hello Anna, 

Welcome!

• What is the Android OS version & build? 
  • Is the “no notifications on Android but can be seen on MyKaspersky account” problem new or has always existed?
  • What MyKaspersky Notification settings are configured? 
  • Is the issue all notifications? 
  • Please show us images of KSK alert settings? 
  • Has KSK been uninstalled and clean installed on the Android?

Please let us know? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Resources:

Push notifications to Android

Android - uninstall KSK

How to install KSK for Android and parent and  child profile

• 1 month later...

I’m not receiving requests from my child on the app. he uses the following

1. Child’s) android, operating system & version?  Windows 10
  2. (On child’s device) KSK version ? 1.46.0.67
  3. (Your) device name, operating system & version ? pc - Windows 10
  4. Is KSK licensed or free version? not sure
  5. What KSK Notification settings are configured ? (image 1) all
  6. Is KSK Time Limit or Statistics set ? (image 2) Time limit
  7. Do you use your MyKaspersky account to manage KSK? I do because otherwise I cannot answer requests, but prefer using the app to manage KSK
  8. Has “Request for more time” alert to child, ever worked? No
  9. (Android) what Push & Notification settings are enabled? push to mobile app parents, all notifications enabled

Hello @nlongmore,

Welcome!

1. In (Windows) Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features - may we have an image of Kaspersky Safe Kids (see reference image at the end of our reply)
  2. May we have images of the  Push & Notification settings please?
  3. Is the “not receiving requests from my child “,  a new issue or has always existed? 
  4. How long has KSK been installed on both Windows devices? 
  • If KSK is licensed, you’ve paid a subscription. 

Please post back?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello @nlongmore,

Additional to my previous reply:

(Your expectation) responding to question 7: “Do you use your MyKaspersky account to manage KSK? “

• I do because otherwise I cannot answer requests, but prefer using the app to manage KSK

For clarification, on a Windows device, the child sees:

• On a Windows device, using the MyKaspersky account, the parent sees:

• ➡ The KSK application, installed on a parent’s Windows device, does not receive push notifications & or alerts that can be managed via the installed KSK software.⬅
  • ➡ All requests to a parents Windows device are managed via the MyKaspersky account.⬅

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

I’m also having the same problem and understand perfectly what those parents are complaining.

just want to stress that I’m using IOS 13 and having the same issue.

Kids: windows 10 / set to BLOCK at 10pm/ When blocked, Kids use “Ask for more time” button

Father: iPhone 11/ IOS 13/  Receive ALL Notifications set/ NO NOTIFICATION asking for more time received

then I go to my.kaspersky site, their request for more time is there.

when Kaspersky is going to address this issue?

Hello @Zepkno,

Welcome!

Is KSK licensed? 

If “yes”, please log a case with Kaspersky Technical Support (use template image as a guide); make sure they clearly understand your child is using a Windows device & on the parent iOS13, KSK is not receiving notifications

Note: there are limitations for KSK on iOS devices, it’s possible this may be a contributing factor. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

• 2 months later...

I’m also having the same problem and understand perfectly what those parents are complaining.

just want to stress that I’m using IOS 13 and having the same issue.

Kids: windows 10 / set to BLOCK at 10pm/ When blocked, Kids use “Ask for more time” button

Father: iPhone 11/ IOS 13/  Receive ALL Notifications set/ NO NOTIFICATION asking for more time received

then I go to my.kaspersky site, their request for more time is there.

when Kaspersky is going to address this issue?

I’m also having this issue, it’s the one flaw in such a great App.

I was hoping the answer was going to be to get a paid subscription but it seems like this isn’t going to solve the problem either.

Hello @Archimedes,

Welcome!

• Is the problem (you) not receiving notifications at all or not receiving notifications to (your) iOS phone? 

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

I'm using Android phone, children are on W10 PC.

When child requests more time, I dont get notification on phone and request is not visible inside Android app. It is however visible via web based UI

Well, since I posted, the problem got worse.

Now, the App can’t do any modification to the schedule.

I opened a new issue. They told there are known problems with iOS and they are trying to solve.

They suggested using the website.

Bummer.

Hello @Archimedes,

Thank you for posting back & the additional information👌  

& hello @Zepkno

Welcome back & thank you for the update👌

• We’ve checked and confirmed, requests from Windows devices are being received as Android push notifications and KSK app notifications, but must be actioned by responding via MyKaspersky account

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello @Archimedes,

Thank you for posting back & the additional information👌  

& hello @Zepkno

Welcome back & thank you for the update👌

• We’ve checked and confirmed, requests from Windows devices are being received as Android push notifications and KSK app notifications, but must be actioned by responding via MyKaspersky account

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Just so I'm clear, in my android app I should be getting a notification when my child requests additional time?

• 7 months later...

I’m getting the same behaviour on the android app. My kids ask for extra time and the requests can only be actioned by logging in to the website.

The android app reports no child requests even after quitting/restarting and/or refreshing. Other notifications (device blocked etc.) are coming through just fine. 

Not a dealbreaker, but a pain to have to go to a pc and log in to allow for extra time.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello @soupmedia

Sorry for the long delay!

Reply from Russia KSK experts:

Unfortunately, there is no way to allow additional time for the kid in the mobile application for parents.

The notification for more time arrives only to the email.

This is just happening so historically, there is no good explanation.

In addition, the parent app has not been designed to manage requests for additional time.

End quote

😦

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

• 3 months later...

Hi Flood!

I read that it’s not possible to get requests or notifications for additional screentime on a mobile  Iphone / nor Android, that’s one of the most used functions by kids, to ask for more time! Not receiving these notifications and having to check the e-mail is very annoying, especially for the kids. I like your app, but this makes the app not very useful since controlling screen time is a common used feature.
Without this feature I would not advice this to my friends and I will discontinue my subscription. I hope you can your add this important feature to your roadmap so you make a lot of parents easy to extend their children's screentime.

best regards,
Edgar

Hi Flood!

I read that it’s not possible to get requests or notifications for additional screen time on a mobile  Iphone / nor Android.

That’s one of the most used functions by kids, to ask for more time! 

Not receiving these notifications and having to check the e-mail is very annoying, especially for the kids.

I like your app, but this makes the app not very useful since controlling screen time is a common used feature.
Without this feature I would not advice this to my friends and I will discontinue my subscription.

I hope you can your add this important feature to your roadmap so you make a lot of parents easy to extend their children's screen time.

Hello @Edski, Edgar, 

Welcome! 

Agreed, on every point!

The Warning, I want more option, giving children the possibility to have continuous use of the phone, without parent intervention, is ridiculous. 

IF the app was “ours”, or we had any input into changing this, it would have been done. 

Kaspersky developers suggest submitting a Feedback, I have a suggestion or Feedback, I have a complaint → their exact words: “ parents to send us via my.kaspersky. account the suggestion to add this feature. The more requests there are, the faster the suggestion will be considered.”

To this we shake our heads in despair, they know how many parents need this feature, they only have to read this topic; furthermore, they know, for every parent that takes the time to comment in a topic such as this, there are another 30 or more parents who also want the feature, but, for all sorts of reasons, never make a public comment or submit a request.

(ioo), Kaspersky’s “logic” is flawed. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hi Flood!

I read that it’s not possible to get requests or notifications for additional screentime on a mobile  Iphone / nor Android, that’s one of the most used functions by kids, to ask for more time! Not receiving these notifications and having to check the e-mail is very annoying, especially for the kids. I like your app, but this makes the app not very useful since controlling screen time is a common used feature.
Without this feature I would not advice this to my friends and I will discontinue my subscription. I hope you can your add this important feature to your roadmap so you make a lot of parents easy to extend their children's screentime.

best regards,
Edgar

Do you have 2 factor authentication turned on? I had the same problem, when I had 2fa turned on. Since I’ve turned it off, everything works fine. 

Hello @Salamander

Welcome back!

💥 2FA has no effect on the notifications / alerts, a child sees💥

On Android:

BLOCKED has no option to request more time

WARN, has I want more option, all the child has to do is tap I want more, he/she is then granted full access to the device, no parental involvement (beyond originally configuring Warn/Block), is required. 

We have said, as have many other parents, and say again, BLOCK should have the I want more option → an alert should be sent to the parent, the parent should have the option to grant more time →  exactly the same as it is with KSK/Windows. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hello @Salamander

Welcome back!

💥 2FA has no effect on the notifications / alerts, a child sees💥

On Android:

BLOCKED has no option to request more time

WARN, has I want more option, all the child has to do is tap I want more, he/she is then granted full access to the device, no parental involvement (beyond originally configuring Warn/Block), is required. 

We have said, as have many other parents, and say again, BLOCK should have the I want more option → an alert should be sent to the parent, the parent should have the option to grant more time →  exactly the same as it is with KSK/Windows. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

This is not true. If 2fa is turned on, the parent will not get a notification of the request at any case. The problem resists on the missing authentication, which is not shown, unfortunately. But this leads to errors in the connection between the devices and the Kaspersky server. This causes that not all request will be shown.

All the best!

Hello @Salamander

For Android, KSK Device use, by design:

BLOCK - child is not offered an option to request more time.

WARN - child taps I WANT MORE, & gets more, parent does not receive a notification/alert that they need to consent to, bc, none is sent.

That’s how KSK Device use works on Android. 

2FA has nothing to do with it. 

WARN: Parent is advised: *child name* exceeded the daily limit for the *device name* device use.

Ditto

Additional: Kaspersky have just added a change: Monitor device use.

BLOCK device. When the time during which the child is allowed to use the device ends, the device is blocked. A notification that the device is blocked is shown to the child and you will receive a message about the device-blocking event. When the child’s device is blocked, applications that were specified as exclusions can still be used by the child.

All other applications “disappear”, are not visible to the child.

WARN is exactly the same as it was, no change has been processed.

How disappointing Kaspersky!

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hello @Salamander

For Android, KSK Device use, by design:

BLOCK - child is not offered an option to request more time.

WARN - child taps I WANT MORE, & gets more, parent does not receive a notification/alert that they need to consent to, bc, none is sent.

That’s how KSK Device use works on Android. 

2FA has nothing to do with it. 

WARN: Parent is advised: *child name* exceeded the daily limit for the *device name* device use.

Ditto

Additional: Kaspersky have just added a change: Monitor device use.

BLOCK device. When the time during which the child is allowed to use the device ends, the device is blocked. A notification that the device is blocked is shown to the child and you will receive a message about the device-blocking event. When the child’s device is blocked, applications that were specified as exclusions can still be used by the child.

All other applications “disappear”, are not visible to the child.

WARN is exactly the same as it was, no change has been processed.

How disappointing Kaspersky!

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

The problem ist that 2fa may cause  communication errors between the clients and the server. Request, which are initiated by the clients, may not reach the server. Then, notifications will not appear on the parents device. 

I personally experienced this issue, when 2fa was activated. On my Mac I was even regularly logged off with 2fa turned on because of communication errors. Also: When I sent a request from my Windows PC, the notifications often did not appear on the parent’s device. So, I’m well aware of these issues.

Hello @Salamander

Thank you for posting back.

We use 2FA, Windows/KSK, all BLOCK device/I want more alerts are received, 100% of the time. 

We also use 2FA Android/KSK, no BLOCK device/I want more alerts are received, bc, none are sent, bc, KSK BLOCK, is not designed to send a REQUEST. KSK Notification, via MyKaspersky account is received. KSK email is received. 

Neither is a KSK/WARN/I want more request sent, bc, KSK grants the access, as soon as the child taps I want more. Parent receives a KSK Notification, via the MyKaspersky account, advising the child has exceeded the Device use time.  KSK email is received, advising the same. 

2FA on or 2FA off, makes no difference to the above.

2FA has no bearing on: the KSK Notifications via the MyKaspersky account, nor the KSK emails.

Your situation, your experience may be totally different, we rely on data, as we’ve shown above. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋