Changing the system tray icon, still works

1 hour ago, jonny quest said:

Being a newer user of Kaspersky, I got a kick out of finding the ability to change the icon (link below). Just maybe a reminder for those who didn't know, as with myself ?

Welcome back & well done @jonny quest??

See, you can have fun with Kaspersky, who knew?!

Does piggy ?? work too?

Thank you??
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Welcome back & well done @jonny quest??

See, you can have fun with Kaspersky, who knew?!

Does piggy ?? work too?

Thank you??
Flood?+?

lol, yes, a little tweaking fun with Kaspersky ? As far as I could tell, no piggy sound on Windows 11. When did the pig use to oink, during an update, a notification, etc?

I also realized Kaspersky did adjust the Application icon off when switching to the K, which makes sense.

disabled.jpg.7fc8d1103ae1d1db88377b4f51448834.jpg

Edited by jonny quest
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, jonny quest said:

lol, yes, a little tweaking fun with Kaspersky ? 

As far as I could tell, no piggy sound on Windows 11. 

1. When did the pig use to oink, during an update, a notification, etc?
  2. I also realized Kaspersky did adjust the Application icon off when switching to the K, which makes sense.

Hello @jonny quest,

1. When it hears the farmer say, "this one looks ready for the table"?, LOL! Notifications -> should be those that (you) would see in the Windows Notification centre - did you test with Eicar
  2. Correct?
Added Eicar link
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @jonny quest,

1. When it hears the farmer say, "this one looks ready for the table"?, LOL! Notifications -> should be those that (you) would see in the Windows Notification centre - did you test with Eicar
  2. Correct?

1. lol ?  Good idea to try an Eicar test. No sound, just Kaspersky pop up notifications. Windows notification was the normal sound when pausing Kaspersky and deleting the file.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Schulte said:

Only mods or admins can unhide posts.
In your quote there was a link too much.

Hello @Schulte

Thanks for your intervention, champion effort?

9 hours ago, jonny quest said:

@Flood and Flood's wife 

1. Eicar test. Windows notification sound was the normal Windows sound.
  2. And now, to complete the icon transformation ? I may change the green fill in or change it back later. Just having a little fun on a Sunday ?

Hello @jonny quest

Sorry for the delay, Southern hemisphere:?

1. We'll test it when we get a chance, according to Kaspersky, it should work, Kaspersky have formally documented it for: M7 Hardware, software requirements -> W11 || How to enable notification sounds = 'pig squeals

Kaspersky do say: Notification sounds are not played in Microsoft Windows 10 - we have 2 W10 machines, with piggy squealing just fine. 

Additional (just for completeness) How to configure the application icon

Green fill-in, LOL, very cute, next it'll be disco colors, settle down, only so much fun tolerated in this space?

Cheers,
Flood?+?

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Changing the system tray icon, still works
8 minutes ago, andrew75 said:

Apparently, the company decided that the icon with the red letter “K” was outdated.

And the ability to return it was made for the fans.

Ok i known, but why don't insert in the list so who want one of the three icon could chose...

the "K" is outdated but it made the original history ?

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Gionatan said:

Ok i known, but why don't insert in the list so who want one of the three icon could chose...

the "K" is outdated but it made the original history ?

I agree. I just changed it on my Anti Virus to the K. It's a bigger, easier system tray icon to see, let alone I like the globe when it updates.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @Schulte

Thanks for your intervention, champion effort?

Hello @jonny quest

Sorry for the delay, Southern hemisphere:?

1. We'll test it when we get a chance, according to Kaspersky, it should work, Kaspersky have formally documented it for: M7 Hardware, software requirements -> W11 || How to enable notification sounds = 'pig squeals

Kaspersky do say: Notification sounds are not played in Microsoft Windows 10 - we have 2 W10 machines, with piggy squealing just fine. 

Additional (just for completeness) How to configure the application icon

Green fill-in, LOL, very cute, next it'll be disco colors, settle down, only so much fun tolerated in this space?

Cheers,
Flood?+?

Thank you for that follow-up information, Flood. I'll give it another try when I have some spare time ?

• Like 1