Changing background on phone with Kid Safe

mewhitto

I just downloaded the kid safe app on my phone and my sons phone today. Navigating it has been fairly easy but there is one thing I cannot figure out. On his phone I tried to change the wallpaper on the phone. It said that he didnt have access and he had to ask for permission so I clicked that button. On my phone it says there are no current requests. It has been 3 hours. My notification says that he tried to access a feature that was restricted but it does not give me the ability to grant the phone access. I already granted access for "settings" on the phone which should include the wallpaper. Anyone have suggestions?

Hello Mewhitto, Welcome! Please provide: Childs device:
  1. Phone device type?
  2. Model # ?
  3. Version #?
  4. Device memory - available storage space?
  5. Size of cached data?
Your device
  1. KSK version installed?
  2. Phone device type?
  3. Model # ?
  4. Version #?
  5. Device memory - available storage space?
  6. Size of cached data?
Re delayed notification:
  1. Are you receiving notifications for every other "defined" classification?
Re "tried to access a feature that was restricted but it does not give me the ability to grant the phone access" ****May we have a screen print of that alert please? Thanks! 09/05/19 08:30

I am not sure what most of that information has to do with my question. I have a Samsung Samsung Galaxy S7 and he has a Motorola Moto e5. Neither have problems with storage and his is new. The notification is being sent. With other notifications I was able to go into my desk top application and allow permission for the app or access to settings or whatever. There is a notification for the fact he tried to change the background picture and there is a button for me to click to give him access. I click the button and nothing happens. The box disappears from the screen. On my devise there is a section that appears to be where I can grant permission for things but nothing comes into that part of my mobile app. I I have to go into my desktop to grant permission through the notification section. I just want him to be able to change the background picture to his phone. Not too complicated.

Hello Mewhitto, Thanks for posting back: Re: "change phone background picture" (Not too complicated)
  1. Remove the restriction - specific to that feature.
Noting, the background picture - home screen, lock screen, home & lock screen is not a core function of the device, unlike, for example Clock, so granting full permission for background picture is not going to compromise security. Re: "On device there's a section that appears to be where I can grant permission for things but nothing comes into that part of my mobile app" This is not normal & requires trouble shooting, which is very difficult to do without information. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hello  @mewhitto, @miraculous

If either of you can please provide me with a KSK notification that displays when “Wallpaper” is blocked it would be enormously helpful please?

Atm Kaspersky developers, advise:

From: Kaspersky Lab Support, Sent: Saturday, 11 January 2020 16:50

quote:

Wallpaper app is an integral part of the launcher, blocking it can render the device difficult to use. Therefore, a fix can only be applied when a safe solution is found.

unquote

I’ve not been able to replicate the Wallpaper” block so cannot provide the necessary data.

Thank you

• 1 year later...