Certificate warning but site is genuine [website cert is invalid] [HTTPS Everywhere]

Go to solution Solved by rufford155,

Thanks again Flood.

I struggled to follow that but I am assuming that you are advising me to set exceptions in HTTP Everywhere rather than in KIS itself.

Meanwhile, as expected, Kaspersky have advised me to do the same within KIS.

This would all be OK if it was just one or two but, as I think I said earlier in the thread, since it happened in dozens of cases it’s just too much hassle.

The gov.uk domain covers several government departments and functions and so  includes hundreds of separate pages, many of which I had bookmarked.

I really don’t understand why the top address works normally but many, although not all, of the sub-pages hit his certificate warning.

I wiil be saying as much to Kaspersky but I don’t expect any joy.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Bukky, Thank you for your reply.

I am unable to comply with any of your suggestions because I have discovered that after clicking the link to “……proceed to the website” the problem no longer replicates itself, although I have checked that this action does not actually set an exclusion.

In any case I am living with it and just don’t have the time to pursue it any longer.

You should be studying your Community threads where there are, and have been, many complaints about this – so it is not just me by any means.

Given that, I am absolutely convinced in my own mind that KIS is over-zealous in what it checks and accepts, or doesn’t accept, in certificates.

So you should be investigating this and looking for a generic fix rather than asking individual customers, and contributors to the Community, to do all the hard work.

Please look again at my original request where I clearly demonstrated that although gov.uk is rated safe by KIS, any bookmarks to its sub-pages generate the certificate warning.

Those are obviously false-positive errors by KIS which your programmers should be able to correct.

Best Regards,  John

Subject: Kaspersky Lab Technical Support - ID INC000012583460

Dear customer, Hello John,

My name is Bukky. Thank you for the email.

Considering you encounter this issue on multiple websites, please provide us with some data to provide insight into the issue :

Data #1 : Provide a few URLs in question

Data #2 : Confirm if Kaspersky is responsible

2. 1 Please perform the following diagnostics:

1) Exit Kaspersky and see whether the issue persists. To do that, simply right-click on the 'Green shield' Kaspersky icon in System Tray (on the bottom right corner of your screen), select “Exit” and then click on "Continue".

If the issue persists despite exiting Kaspersky, please let us know. Otherwise, proceed to step #2.

2) Pause Kaspersky protection and check whether the issue persists. To do that, simply right-click the 'Green shield' Kaspersky icon in System Tray (on the bottom right corner of your screen) and select “Pause Protection...” then select "Pause" and click on the grey "Pause Protection" button in the bottom. If the issue persists despite pausing Kaspersky, please let us know. Otherwise, proceed to step #3.

3) Try to diagnose which Kaspersky Protection component causes the issue: * Open the main Kaspersky window, click the little cog/gear icon in the bottom left corner to bring up the “Settings” menu, and on the left-hand side click on "Protection". Here you will find the list of protection components in order. Please turn off all protection components by sliding their buttons to the left so that they turn grey. Afterwards, switch the first component (File Anti-Virus) 'ON' by sliding the button to the right.
Then check whether the issue persists. If it doesn’t, turn the second component on (Mail Anti-Virus), but leave the first one enabled. Keep turning components on one by one until the issue kicks in.

Please specify which component caused the issue.

2.2 Check Script Injection option influence:
Open Settings > Network Settings > in Traffic Processing section disable "Inject script into web traffic" option, restart browser to see if the issue persists.

Data #3 : Create a GetSystemInfo report
The 'How to use the GetSystemInfo utility' guide can be found here: http://support.kaspersky.com/general/dumps/3632

We remain at your disposal.

Thank you for your time and stay safe.

Regards,
Bukky || Technical Support Representative