Can't remove/change the license in Kaspersky for Android app

The newly-designed Kaspersky Security for Android appears to be lacking a very simple feature, which is to give us the option to remove/change the license that the app is currently using.

• I disconnected my device from the license under My Kaspersky and the app itself is no longer connected to my account.
  • The license now says "0 out of 1 device protected", which means it is currently not being used.

Yet, the app is still stuck on using that very same license as you can see in the images below.

image.thumb.png.0072df3e0ffab3a437194b814e120839.png image.thumb.jpeg.b5e636cdc0fb3918faf81ad1619e5897.jpeg image.thumb.jpeg.2ed434a350e4cac3ec5af03e07f607e2.jpeg

Tried everything, like force stopping and restarting the phone but NOTHING made that license disappear from the app.

I wanted to ask here in the first place because I knew technical support would be useless and that they would ask me to repeat the same things that I just did, but then decided to contact them first anyway (big mistake) in hope that they would explain the trick that im missing in one simple sentence and be done with this whole thing within 5 minutes. But as expected, after wasting 30 minutes chatting, I left with the same issue and no help.

I do not want to uninstall the whole app and reinstall it again and lose all of my settings and reports etc, doing that just to achieve ONE SIMPLE THING as removing/changing the license is just plain ridiculous. They should fire the developer that "forgot" to give us the option to do that with a click of a button (just like it used to be before the latest update), instead of making us waste hours of our time.

What I thought is that I may just need to wait for 24 hours or something until the app or their system reflects the change, but I don't feel comfortable leaving my phone in this sorry state and would like to get confirmation from the experts here if that'll actually be the magic trick, before I waste a day of my time waiting for nothing?

Thanks

Edited by BlackEdition

Hello @BlackEdition,

Welcome back!

The topic is in Kaspersky Internet Security section ->(that's the old version), which Kaspersky software / subscription is installed? 

All the Disconnect does is break the connection between the device & (your) MyKaspersky account. 

image.thumb.png.98534200b2867ff5cfd7c1da7eb58541.png

When (you) re-initiate the app it *should* show all available license(s) *before* (you) reconnect to (your) MyKaspersky account. 

1. What was the objective in the first place: do you have more than one license & wish to select an alternative license? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
Added 2. & corrected spelling

23 hours ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @BlackEdition,

Welcome back!

The topic is in Kaspersky Internet Security section ->(that's the old version), which Kaspersky software / subscription is installed? 

All the Disconnect does is break the connection between the device & (your) MyKaspersky account. 

image.thumb.png.98534200b2867ff5cfd7c1da7eb58541.png

When (you) re-initiate the app it *should* show all available license(s) *before* (you) reconnect to (your) MyKaspersky account. 

1. What was the objective in the first place: do you have more than one license & wish to select an alternative license? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Hi,

I have a Kaspersky Internet Security for Android, app version is 11.97.4.9681.

I want to remove the license currently connected to the app so I can use a different license.

If I sign in to My Kaspersky (through the app), all it does is just "sign in". It doesn't let me choose what license I want to use. The app is literally stuck connected to my previous license and there's no way I can unbind it (unless I uninstall the app completely).

image.png.2f979a0b81ada2cd13e7fd8fecb46d05.png

Even after 24 hours, it STILL says 0/1 devices using the license, yet my app is still using it. How is that even possible? Does this mean I will be able to use a 1-device license on 2 devices? This has to be a bug.

Also, before uninstalling & reinstalling - reset the Kaspersky app Cache & Data@BlackEdition - note: *this will mean Settings will be lost*, reboot the phone, recheck if there's more than one License available, IF not, do the uninstall, clean install, IF that still doesn't work, you need to go back to support. 

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife

Funny, I was actually able to use the same license that was stuck on my first phone (which is a 1-device license) on my second phone, and now it says 2 devices are connected to this license and both apps are working fully as premium.

image.thumb.png.d0a6f57d3526a9da91445965b5c02365.png

Should I demand Kaspersky a reward for discovering a costly glitch for them? I can't be the only one having this "issue".

But for real, I don't care about being able to use this license on my second phone for free. What I actually want is to remove the license from my phone so I can use a different one. Kaspersky, get your act together. GOD.

@Flood and Flood's wife Can you please tag some Kaspersky officials so they can see this glitch? I don't have time to waste on their useless technical support just so I can help them profit more out of fixing this issue. I have better things to do in my life.

Edited by BlackEdition

9 minutes ago, BlackEdition said:
  1. Should I demand Kaspersky a reward for discovering a costly glitch for them? I can't be the only one having this "issue".
  2. But for real, I don't care about being able to use this license on my second phone for free. What I actually want is to remove the license from my phone so I can use a different one. Kaspersky, get your act together. GOD.
  3. @Flood and Flood's wife Can you please tag some Kaspersky officials so they can see this glitch? I don't have time to waste on their useless technical support just so I can help them profit more out of fixing this issue. I have better things to do in my life.

@BlackEdition

1. It's simple, you have to do it via support, they have access to your private information, the Community doesn't. 
  2. .
  3. Post the incident reference number from (your) previous support engagement, so it can be followed up - Kaspersky monitors the Community forum, we don't 'tag' anyone. 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

22 hours ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

@BlackEdition

1. Post the incident reference number from (your) previous support engagement, so it can be followed up - Kaspersky monitors the Community forum, we don't 'tag' anyone. 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

No, they don't. I've been around this community long enough and some of my questions (that only officials can answer) went unanswered. I also sometimes read public topics and I see a lot getting abandoned with no help. All I see is you who replies to most people, and you're doing a fine job. I hope Kaspersky pays you well for doing what their employees should be doing.

Anyway, im not giving away my incident ID just so they can do a cheap move and force my free second device out of the license without fixing my main issue. Even their useless support marked my incident as "solved" without even solving it. So until they discover & fix this glitch themselves, I'll enjoy this free ride while it lasts. I deserve a reward after the pain I went through because of them.

@Danila T. @Igor Kurzin