Can't manage my playlists and add comments on youtube when Kaspersky is running

David Onn
Go to solution Solved by richbuff,

When Kaspersky is running (even with protection disabled),

1. I can’t manage my playlists on youtube: the button to add a video to a playlist doesn’t respond.
2. I can’t post comments under a youtube video: a red “error” displays under the input box.
3. I seem connected to my youtube account, there is my avatar on the upper right (on computer), but the left menu asks me to connect by clicking on a button that leads to an error page from Google: “405. That’s an error. The request method GET is inappropriate for the URL /youtubei/v1/guide. That’s all we know.”

Only occurs on FIREFOX. No problem with other browsers.
How can I make Kaspersky work well with Firefox ?

Hello @David Onn,

Welcome!

1. Operating system name, version & build?
  2. Which Kaspersky Security Cloud version & patch is installed?
  3. Is Kaspersky Security Cloud Personal, Premium or Free license?
  4. Firefox version?
  5. Is Kaspersky Protection extension (KPE) installed & active in the Firefox browser? If “yes”, KPE version please? 
  6. Are there any other extensions installed & enabled in Firefox browser? 
  7. What Firefox browser privacy settings are configured: about:preferences#privacy - please show us an image?
  8. Is the “can’t manage playlists and add comments” a new problem or has always existed in Firefox? 
  9. Please show full screen images of each of the  “can’t manage playlists and add comments” problems, including a full screen image of “Google: “405. That’s an error. The request method GET is inappropriate for the URL”? 
  10. Are you using a Firefox master password? 
  11. Has a full Firefox refresh/reset been done?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Thank you Flood.

1. Windows 10 Professional v19041.450
  2. V21.1.15.500 + Kaspersky Password Manager
  3. Free licence
  4. 79.0 64bits
  5. No
  6. Currently yes, but it was the same after a reinitialisation of Firefox (uninstall and reinstall).
  7. See attached file privacy.png
  8. It seems to have appeared when I installed Kaspersky Security Cloud. The best solution I have found so far is to close KSC.
  9. See attached files YT1.jpg to YT4.jpg (my comments are in green)
  10. I don’t know what it is.
  11. Yes

Hello @David Onn,

You’re most welcome☺ !

Thank you for the extra detailed information & the images👏

• We ran Firefox as default user profile and confirm your findings, with Kaspersky Security Cloud Free, Firefox 79.0 (64-bit), various functions within Youtube do not resolve - images 2 to 4

Firefox default profile

Unable to add Comment

➕ & Save functions

Dual authentication required, despite account already being authenticated. 

Result after signing in to the second authentication
  • With Kaspersky Security Cloud Free protection disabled and application exited, Firefox 79.0 (64-bit) functions within Youtube  work - images 1 to 3.

No double sign in required

Comments successful

➕ & Save work 

(No 10 in our previous reply) Firefox Master password - not relevant to the issue. 

• Interesting problem, because it’s Kaspersky Security Cloud Free, there’s no Kaspersky Technical Support, however, hopefully the Kaspersky Technical 🤓experts🕵  (who lurk😎 in the Community) will please participate, as the issues are replicable🤔
  • We’ll repeat the tests using Kaspersky Security Cloud Premium and update in due course. 

Thank you @David Onn for raising the issues🙏

Flood🐳

•  Edit: additional - our prayers are answered, thank you @Anton Mefodys, in our tests we’ve used Firefox default, no extensions or addons, same result as @David Onn

Update:

• Same issues with Kaspersky Security Cloud Premium.
  • With Kaspersky Security Cloud paused & exited, everything resolves correctly.

Cloud on 

Cloud off

Comments, Cloud on

Comments, Save & ➕ , Cloud on

• Also tested Firexfox run as Private browsing window, same result: Cloud on, elements of page do not resolve, Cloud off, no issues. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

wow i had the same problem i was going crazy and had a hinch that it was kaspersky and i disabeld everything but i didn’t exited close kaspersky.

kaspersky should fix this thing beacuse it is a god program overall but this kind of things can make me wanna go bonkers…...

anyway i did as you said above FLOOD, thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello @Tzouras,

You’re most welcome☺ !

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Thank you FLOOD,

I’ll have to defer for this one as I can’t devote more time on this matter and have just resorted to using Chromium Edge as my default browser.

Dave Onn has built an outstanding set of screen capture and even edited those to make them super easy to follow with his detailed explanation of the problem.

I suggest you might ask him to edit the title of his OP so it is easier to find when we search the community for this problem.

I will add that you have appeared to me as a tremendous asset on these forums. You bring direction and comfort to us users caught with a problem or misunderstanding.

You are like the SIRI, the Bixby, the Cortana, the Alexa of these forums ;-)

Thank you so much for your support and nudging,

Hello @kis2009-007,

Thank you for your kind words of appreciation, we’re all here to help each other; it’s wonderful to read the Community portal is fulfilling it’s purpose 🤗

The more people who raise a case with Kaspersky experts, the greater the possibility the issues will be attended to with some priority.

Sometimes with Kaspersky, it’s can be a numbers game, as much as anything else. 

@David Onn certainly did hit the ground running with his excellent work, (ioo) so to have you & @JohnnyR2D2 - resulting in 3 topics, for the v2021, Firefox, Youtube issue:

@David Onn - Can't manage my playlists and add comments on youtube when Kaspersky is running

@kis2009-007 - KIS 2021 anti-banner plus Firefox plus Youtube = Can't sign out

@JohnnyR2D2 - Total Security (Kaspersky Protection) version 21.1.15.500(a) blocking YouTube Notifications pane (Top Right)

Community members are unable to edit topic headings, that’s exclusively for Community Moderators & Community Admin, which (we think) is a good thing, otherwise topics may be rejigged many times, could be messy🤔

So, even tho we’re on the same page as you, self-preservation surpasses a tiny edit🤕😉

Thanks again🙏

Flood🐳

Same here, since i installed KIS 21.1.15.500 the issue with youtube appeared.

Access the YouTube page, click the SIGN IN button, and, although it looks like I am signed in when i click the account button it looks like this

As described above nothing works to fix the issue, I have to exit Kaspersky internet security entirely, clear cookies/cache, restart Firefox and after that is working again.

Here is how it looks when kaspersky is disabled and YouTube is working as it should

Hello @Daniel Stancu,

Welcome!

• Unfortunately, the issue is due to a known bug.
  • Kaspersky have advised it will be fixed by a patch to be issued in late October, early November. 

The advise from @Anton Mefodys is as follows:

As the issue is reproduced only in Firefox, then please temporary use another browser (for instance Chrome) as a workaround till the patch release.”

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 

• 2 weeks later...

I seriously can’t believe I found this, I was going crazy trying to figure out what was happening. I had already reinstalled FF, created a new brand account, and found a temporary fix for myself. Not sure how relevant it is but this problem started for me after I was attempting to transfer my Google Play Music library to Youtube Music. I came across this Google support thread where people had the same problems after doing it which led me to believe that was the cause:

https://support.google.com/youtube/thread/37004854?hl=en

I’m wondering now if they are all just Kaspersky users as well.

Btw, the temporary fix I found was going back to the old design of YT by using this extension:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/old-youtube/

Using Kaspersky at the same time does work so I’m guessing a part of the reason is just Youtube’s newer design being janky with other browsers but those based off Chromium.

I seriously can’t believe I found this, I was going crazy trying to figure out what was happening. I had already reinstalled FF, created a new brand account, and found a temporary fix for myself. Not sure how relevant it is but this problem started for me after I was attempting to transfer my Google Play Music library to Youtube Music. I came across this Google support thread where people had the same problems after doing it which led me to believe that was the cause:

https://support.google.com/youtube/thread/37004854?hl=en

I’m wondering now if they are all just Kaspersky users as well.

Btw, the temporary fix I found was going back to the old design of YT by using this extension:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/old-youtube/

Using Kaspersky at the same time does work so I’m guessing a part of the reason is just Youtube’s newer design being janky with other browsers but those based off Chromium.

This solution/workaround is working.

Hello @JustReadTheInstructions,

Welcome!

Regarding disabling Inject script into web traffic to interact with web pages, please note advice from @Igor Kurzin:

qte

“Disabling script injection can be used as a temporary workaround but it isn’t a good solution as a few protection components depend on the script injection”

unqte

Reference qte from @leandrofm’s topic Kaspersky Security Cloud lagging my computer

& note advice from @Anton Mefodys, posted 2nd September 2020, in this topic: 

qte

According to my information the issue is fixed in upcoming 2021 MR2 version.

unqte

Thank you🙏

Flood+1🐳

Disclaimer, we have no association with Kaspersky. 

• 2 weeks later...

Kaspersky have advised it will be fixed by a patch to be issued in late October, early November. 

Will this update also apply to total security as well? I have this same problem. I rather not install a browser I don’t like just to visit one web site, I also don’t use anything from Microsoft, only use Firefox.

Hello @lovs2build,

Welcome!

• The late October/November anticipated MR2 is a sizeable update with a number of fixes.
  • This is applicable to all of Kaspersky’s Home software range: Kaspersky Anti-Virus, Kaspersky Internet Security, Kaspersky Total Security & Kaspersky Security Cloud. 
  • Note, patch releases and version updates are done in a staggered distribution, across the globe.
  • A patch release start date is not necessarily the date a patch will arrive on your system. 
  • When a patch does arrive, your computer must be shutdown & restarted to apply the patch. 
  • Release dates are subject to change, Kaspersky tries to keep the schedule, however, dates can & do change. 

Thank you🙏

Flood+1🐳

Hello @lovs2build,

Welcome!

• The late October/November anticipated MR2 is a sizeable update with a number of fixes.
  • This is applicable to all of Kaspersky’s Home software range: Kaspersky Anti-Virus, Kaspersky Internet Security, Kaspersky Total Security & Kaspersky Security Cloud. 
  • Note, patch releases and version updates are done in a staggered distribution, across the globe.
  • A patch release start date is not necessarily the date a patch will arrive on your system. 
  • When a patch does arrive, your computer must be shutdown & restarted to apply the patch. 
  • Release dates are subject to change, Kaspersky tries to keep the schedule, however, dates can & do change. 

Thank you🙏

Flood+1🐳

Thanks again!