Can't activate Premium

I have just renewed my Total Security subscription and it is valid for another 352 days. Now my Password Manager is set to ‘Free Version’. I thought the Premium version of P.M. comes with Total Security. Has this changed?

Hello @Doncaster3108

Welcome!

1. Kaspersky Total Security subscription license, comes with Kaspersky Password Manager Premium. 
  2. Since renewing KTS, have you synchronized your computer with your MyKaspersky account? 
  3. Before renewing, did you make a backup of your KPM vault? 

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Thanks for your reply, in answer to your above questions, 

Q2 Yes

Q3 No but all the sites I visit with passwords are showing but I had to pick 15 for my free account which are showing in green and the rest are in orange.

Just for further info, I have a 3 device licence and when I check all 3 devices they all show subscription valid till 19/11/21. However on one device (laptop) although the subs shows valid until 19/11/21 when I log onto my account on https://my.kaspersky.com/ and move onto the ‘Devices’ tab and check the “information Tab” for this laptop, it shows that the “licence has expired” (keep in mind the subscription information for this device shows valid till 19/11/21).

The other two devices do not show “licence has expired”. I also have removed the licence key and re-entered my activation code on this laptop but has not changed “licence has expired” warning even though the subs is valid till 19/11/21.

Hello @Doncaster3108

You’re most welcome☺ !

Thank you for the information👌

• 🅰 In your MyKaspersky account, for the laptop that shows “licence has expired”, have you selected Disconnect, confirmed the action, logged out of MyKapsersky, shutdown the laptop using Shutdown, not Restart, powered device on, logged in, made sure KTS is active, logged into your MyKaspersky account & rechecked the license status? 
  • Please contact Kaspersky Technical Support, fill in the Application malfunction, Other template, include:
  1.  A detailed history?
  2. What caused the problem?
  3. Did you try to solve the problem? How?
  4. Text from an error message? Screenshot? Video?
  5. Community topic URL?
  6. Support may request traces & or other data, they will guide you

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

Please share the outcome with the Community when it’s available? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Thanks for the above. I’ve done the suggested steps above but the laptop still shows “licence has expired”, as well as the message “Device is protected”. Before I create a “support request” would a complete uninstall of KTS and install solve the issue?  Also I’ve read that if I use the activation code too many times, the system may block the “activation code”. Do I need once I’ve reinstalled KTS on my laptop, enter the “activation code” again or will it take from my “My Kaspersky” log on page.

Thanks

Hello @Doncaster3108

You’re most welcome☺ !

Thank you for the additional information👌

Regarding the  “activation code”, after the install, when the application is synchronised with your MyKaspersky account, the code should be picked up, without you having to manually add again to the application: make sure the email address you’re using to sign into the application/MyKaspersky, is the email address that was used when the license was purchased.  

Certainly, you may wish to try an uninstall & clean install, it may resolve the issues, follow the steps below & documentation carefully → it’s very likely support would suggest uninstall/clean install as part of  their troubleshooting, resolution steps

1. Uninstall, save License information only, leave all other check boxes blank, at the completion of the uninstall, shutdown the laptop using Shutdown, not Restart, powered device on, log in.
  2. Check whether any applications installed on the computer are incompatible with Kaspersky Total Security.
  3. Download & install KTS  version 21.2.16.590a, during the install, make sure you select the Kaspersky Password Manager checkbox;  at the completion of the install, shutdown the laptop using Shutdown, not Restart, powered device on, log in, make sure KTS is active.
  4. Manually run a Database update. 
  5. Shutdown the laptop using Shutdown, not Restart, powered device on, log in, make sure KTS is active.
  6. If patch(a) does not apply immediately, you may need to shutdown/restart several times. 
  7. From KTS application, log into your MyKaspersky account - recheck the  “licence has expired” issue? 
  8. Recheck the KPM premium/free issue? 
  9. If the issues are resolved, please let us know, otherwise, continue with logging a request with Kaspersky Technical Support? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋