Cannot Login to AOL Email or Sometimes Just AOL. guce.advertising.com [Closed]

hjhood
Go to solution Solved by Berny,

Aol mail; cannot sign in. I enter Password and then wait, wait; Aol will not open. Aol links for home page... also not work.

I tried all the following: 1> (free download) malwarebytes, 2> Update and perform KIS full scan, 3> pause KIS then attempt, 4> Run>Control Panel> Uninstall Program>Program Features to remove anything ‘guce’ but there were none. 

No success.

Currently at KIS 19.0.01088(k) 12/21/2019 9:37am

The following error message occurs after each attempt:

Hmmm...can’t reach this page

Try this

Details
Privacy statement

Answers, please?

Welcome. Do you encounter any alert from Kaspersky ?

No Kaspersky alert regarding the guce virus.  There are a few posts however.  As Irecall they are dated (old).  This problem just happened.

See my response to Rich below.

Also, in addition to what Berny indicates in the post located above this post, 

Please see: https://aol.uservoice.com/forums/912886-aol-mail/suggestions/38842306-issue-with-guce-advertising-com-and-logging-in

I read the link and followed suggestion.

I do use Adblocker Ultimate.  The problem here I did not come across the “Terms and Consent” document.

I did as suggested and tried two methods.  1> Block Adblocker before AOL Login.  Then try - - It redirected me again to “guce.advertising.  2> Got out of AOL and disabled Adblocker Ultimate.  Then logged into AOL.  Then attempted to login to AOL Email - - Failed and redirected me again.

BTW:   Since the original post I got a notification about Malwarebytes (MB) not compatible with Kaspersky.  I went to the MB Forum website but they did not specify which Kaspersky or version.  But there were a few comments about the same AOL Email login problem.

I decided to delete MB but after several attempts could not.  Then removed KIS.  Then reloaded KIS and came to the page where it mentioned MB was not compatible.   So back to MB and they said to ignore the comment, uncheck the option and continue.  KIS then successfully completed the reload.

I am now at KIS 20.0.14.1085(g)

Hello  @hjhood,

Is the current status: “still cannot login to AOL”? 

1. Which browsers are installed?
  2. Is Kaspersky Protection extension / addon installed in Kaspersky supported browsers
  3. Does the issue exist irrespective of which browser is used?
  4. Has a full reset of browsers been performed?

Regarding MBAM conflicts, Kaspersky & MBAM RealTime Protection require the same core resources. 

List of applications incompatible with Kaspersky Internet Security 20

Please let us know?

Thank you

Hello  @hjhood,

Additional: 

☢ If  guce.advertising.com  redirect remains an issue:

1 Export Bookmarks for ALL Kaspersky Supported browsers.

2 Run KIS Clean & Optimize tools:

1. Privacy Wizard, select ALL options, allow the process to complete, at successful completion, select Reboot
  1. At Windows login prompt, login. 
  1. Do not test AOL atm
  1. Make sure KIS is active.   

e. Run KIS manual Database update - allow it to complete. 

3 Download & run Adware Cleaner, if any Adware or PUPs are found, manage as per Adware documentation.

4 Shutdown device using Full Shutdown, not restart, power device ON, at Windows login prompt, login.

5 Make sure KIS is active.   

6 Start browser, recheck AOL? 

✅ Fixed?  Please let us know?

❎ Not fixed? Run a GSI & Windows Logs, upload to cloud & post the link please? 

Thank you

Hello  @hjhood,

Additional: 

☢ If  guce.advertising.com  redirect remains an issue:

1 Export Bookmarks for ALL Kaspersky Supported browsers.

2 Run KIS Clean & Optimize tools:

1. Privacy Wizard, select ALL options, allow the process to complete, at successful completion, select Reboot
  1. At Windows login prompt, login. 
  1. Do not test AOL atm
  1. Make sure KIS is active.   

e. Run KIS manual Database update - allow it to complete. 

3 Download & run Adware Cleaner, if any Adware or PUPs are found, manage as per Adware documentation.

4 Shutdown device using Full Shutdown, not restart, power device ON, at Windows login prompt, login.

5 Make sure KIS is active.   

6 Start browser, recheck AOL? 

✅ Fixed?  Please let us know?

❎ Not fixed? Run a GSI & Windows Logs, upload to cloud & post the link please? 

Thank you

Hello  @hjhood,

Is the current status: “still cannot login to AOL”? 

1. Which browsers are installed?
  2. Is Kaspersky Protection extension / addon installed in Kaspersky supported browsers
  3. Does the issue exist irrespective of which browser is used?
  4. Has a full reset of browsers been performed?

Regarding MBAM conflicts, Kaspersky & MBAM RealTime Protection require the same core resources. 

List of applications incompatible with Kaspersky Internet Security 20

Please let us know?

Thank you

Last night (it’s Eastern Time here) I uninstalled then installed KIS20.  Taking me from 1088(k) to 1085(g).  Doing so I bypassed the prompt to eliminate MB - leaving prompt with an unchecked box (as directed).  Then went through the ‘Tools’ performing all maintenace items.  Nothing was a show stopper.  Then a Quick Scan followed by a Full Scan.   Reports had no threats.

(reference FLOOD above):

1> MSEdge and now Chrome.

2> They were yesterday but will go back and verify.  When I did re-install I indicated to keep previous settings.  I hope they were.

3> Yes.  MSEdge still cannot allow me to login to AOL Email.  Chrome does allow me.  I’ll use Chrome - until all h*** breaks loose again.

4> I reset MSEdge last night.  Chrome was just installed after all KIS20 scans were completed.  Chrome is still holding in this am.

MBAM conflicts - not sure what you are saying except I believe it was MB that directed me to ‘uncheck’ the option to eliminate what I believe was MB version 3.0  I noticed what is loaded is MB 4.0.  Nevertheless I believe it was MB noted Kaspersky and MB had a current compatibility issue.

(reference FLOOD 2nd se of suggestion);

I have just installing and verifying Chrome.  I will go through your list of suggestions later today or tomorrow. 

(It’s my last chance to spend everything I got!  Then Christmas will make me happy.)

Hello  @hjhood,

Thank you for replying. 

As (you’re reporting) more than one issue &  we don’ know various information, I’ll add some references, please check carefully (when you’re not unwrapping🎄🎁🎄😉 )...

Kaspersky Internet Security 20 System Requirements,  note Edge limitations. 

Compatibility of Kaspersky Internet Security 20 with Windows 10

KIS20 Library 

• 3 months later...