Cannot install Yi Dome Camera Windows Desktop App, KIS quarantines the download. [Closed]

gooddog
Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

I have been using the Yi Desktop application for windows on one computer for several years and recently tried to install it on another desktop. After several attempts, I have ceased and wanted to check with Kaspersky to see what may have changed. My 2020 KIS will allow me to download the app, but stops the installation and then quarantines the download & request restart. 

The app download website is as follows: https://www2.yitechnology.com/yi-home-pc-app

If the application is corrupt, should the primary computer that has this application up and running be flagged by the 2020 KIS in operation on that system? 

Can the downloaded app be checked? 

Thanks in advance,

P.S. I should add that the downloaded application passes the Kaspersky VirusDesk test. 

Hello @gooddog,

Welcome!

Please provide:

1. Operating system name & build? (of device where the installation & quarantine issue exists).
  2. KIS20 version & patch(x)? x = letter
  3. Open KIS, select More Tools, select Reports, select Detailed Reports, select All Events, select 24hrs, select Export, export the report, save as a text (*.txt) file, 📎 attach📎  to your reply?

NB: Choose the time-frame where the installation & quarantine events are logged please, preferably 24hrs or 7days. 

Please post back?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello @gooddog,

Thank you for replying, the additional information & the data👌

If, before updating, installing KIS a software compatibility check was not run, please do so before proceeding with the Yi issue. 

Also, if the system was not shutdown after updating KIS, please do so by using full Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login, make sure KIS is active, download & install Yi app and report back the result & the KIS Report please?

Just as FYI, I successfully installed Yi & logged on/in to the Yi interface. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Followed above instructions and downloaded Yi application. App installed and when I allowed it to start, KIS grabbed it and popped up offer to quarantine and restart. I accepted and waited for restart. After +/- 20 minutes, performed hard shut down and restarted system & generated logs. 

Did you by any chance pull down the app from a different site than I listed above? 

Thanks again for the assistance,

• Solution

Hello @gooddog,

Thank you for the data👌

• I used the link you provided when you raised the topic

• ❓ Please check Yi version?

• Please do the following:

1 Uninstall Yi.

2 Clear KIS Reports & Quarantine

3 Run Windows in Safe Mode.

4 Delete all files & folders in:

C:\Windows\Temp

C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\Temp

5 ​​​​​​​Return to Normal Mode.

6 Login, make sure KIS is running

7 Using a browser that’s been reset to DEFAULT, all cache, cookies, site data, history removed, download & “try” to install Yi again, issue resolved👍, issue repeats😓 , please raise a request ​​​​​with Kaspersky Technical Support, include a detailed history, images if relevant, a GSI & Windows Log, & the new KIS Report.

After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

Please let me know the outcome? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Method of above, no joy. Same results.

Method #2, Brute force, turn off KIS and allow app to install, worked. 

Will follow up with request to Tech Support at a later time, leaving this location shortly.

Thanks again for the assistanace,