Cannot find context menu nor create shortcut for Safe Money

DIVERSE

In previous versions of KIS there was an item in the context menu from the icon in the system tray to allow launching Safe Money manually.  

Now, with version 21.2.16.590(b), there seem to be only about half of the number of items on that context menu from the icon in the system tray (now only a total of 6), which doesn’t include the item to launch Safe Money manually.  

There was also apparently a feature to add a shortcut to the desktop. 

https://support.kaspersky.com/KIS/2019/en-US/68178.htm

Link

I have tried following those steps, and there is indeed a ‘link’ in the Safe Money section of the Settings that claims it will add a Safe Money shortcut to the Desktop. 
“Create shortcut for Safe Money”

I have clicked it thrice, and it claimed each time that the shortcut had been successfully created…. 
“Desktop shortcut created“

Yet there is still no shortcut for Safe Money on the Desktop!  

Hello @DIVERSE

Welcome again! 

The context menu has been “redesigned”, resulting in quite few complaints, Kaspersky have committed to resurrecting some of the features, also, if you pin the KIS application to the taskbar, then rightclick, you’ll have access Safe Money history & Safe Money top websites. 

Link

Regarding the Create Safe Money shortcut not working, please follow these steps:

1. Open KIS, select Settings, select Manage Settings:
  2. Export KIS Settings
  3. Restore KIS Settings to default 
  4. Shutdown the machine using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login, check if the Create Safe Money shortcut option works, if “no”, please log a case with Kaspersky Technical Support, fill in the Application malfunctionOther template, provide as much information as possible, it would help the Technical Team if you could make a video of no Safe Money shortcut being created & include the URL to your Community topic; Support may request: traces, data, logs, they will guide you

After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

Please share the outcome with the Community when it’s available? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Thanks, Flood &c.  

I'll have a go at the detailed steps you listed for creating a Desktop shortcut for Safe Money.  

In the meanwhile I note that now I am aware of a few ways of launching Safe Money:  

• context menu of KIS icon in System Tray (in older versions of KIS only);  
  • type an ‘obviously sensitive’ website URL (e.g. for a bank) into the address bar of browser;  
  • context menu of KIS icon pinned to Taskbar (KIS GUI need not be opened);  
  • context menu of KIS icon on Taskbar (KIS GUI is open);  
  • shortcut on Desktop (not working for me, yet).  

• 1 month later...

OK, I have returned to this topic.  

First off, I should describe one further way of launching a Protected Browser:  

• After launching KIS and navigating to the “Safe Money” tool, click on any one of the added websites on the list (even if it is set to “Do not run in Protected Browser”!!).
    • Note:  if no websites have yet been added to the list, then simply click “Add website”.  
    • There are a few ways of launching KIS and navigating to the “Safe Money” tool:
      • Click the system-tray icon, run from Windows’s Start menu, et cetera, and then ‘manually’ click on “Safe Money”.  
      • Click the “Safe Money” icon on the Desktop (discussed further below).  

Note that “Tool” is arguably an excessively grandiose name for what is actually just an interface for adding and removing websites from a list, and being able to click listed websites to launch the Protected Browser

Now, I couldn’t really remember it, but I do have a “Safe Money” icon on the Desktop.  Ironically I had already gone partway through the above instructions to export & restore KIS settings before I noticed it.  It’s a shortcut with the following properties:

Date created:  ‎Friday, ‎22 ‎January ‎2021, ‏‎21:57:16

Target:  "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 21.2\avpui.exe" -safebanking

Now, some may say, “If you already have that, what are you complaining about?”  

The problem is this:  I was thinking that the “Protected Browser” was known as “Safe Money”.  So you can see that my previous post was wrong.  It should have said,  “In the meanwhile I note that now I am aware of a few ways of launching the Protected Browser:”.  
I’m not sure how that confusion developed.  Maybe the old context-menu entry was called “Safe Money” but actually launched the Protected Browser?  

So I want really wanted was a shortcut to directly open the Protected Browser. Then I will type in whatever website URL (or search term) that I want.  So I thought that is what the relevant desktop shortcut should be performing.  As my desktop shortcut didn’t do this, I thought that the relevant desktop shortcut hadn’t been created.  

The “Safe Money” icon on the desktop is pretty useless, saving me maybe one mouse click, and not saving any time — all it does is open the KIS interface at the “Safe Money” tool instead of the usual opening screen (where the “Safe Money” tool are one click away).  On my system, opening the KIS interface is a slow process, and (should be) completely unnecessary if my purpose is simply to run the protected browser, rather than to choose a listed website or reconfigure the listed websites in the “Safe Money” tool.  

The old method of going to the Protected Browser from the KIS context menu was good, because I didn’t have to minimise applications to view the desktop, and didn’t need to launch the KIS interface (which is a slow process for me).  

Any ideas on how to make a desktop shortcut to directly open the Protected Browser? 
Currently I can see that I can get to the Protected Browser (opening specific sites) from the context menu for the taskbar icon for KIS if I have it either running or pinned, but (as I mentioned) I am trying to avoid launching the KIS GUI, and don’t want to pin it to my taskbar.  

—DIV

Side note:  

I had a look at the settings exported by KIS.  It’s about a 2.5 MB file.  

One peculiar thing I noticed was the list of “obsceneWords”.  In my file, the listed words are mostly German (e.g. "* kostenlos *"), besides a scattering of English words that would likely be borrowed from time to time by German-speakers (e.g. "* hardcore *" ).  

My system settings are mostly English.  Occasionally I might use a different language for installing a particular application, and it’s possible (although unlikely) that I might have installed KIS using a German-language installer.  But even if so, surely KIS should be configured to recognise obscene terms in more languages than just the one used for installation?  This seems to be connected to spam email protection.  

—DIV

Any ideas on how to make a desktop shortcut to directly open the Protected Browser? 

—DIV

Hello @DIVERSE,

Welcome back!

FYI, Kaspersky Internet Security (version 21.3.10.391) is now available. 

For SafeMoney / Protected browser (same thing) see videos, note, the 2nd video, opening a www via SafeMoney SC had to be filmed with an external device, Kaspersky blocks direct screen recording when SafeMoney / Protected browser is open, so, it's not the best quality. 

Link

Link

Regarding Spam Explicit language list, we've never installed any foreign languages, the list you appear to have is the default list →  see exported list attached.
If you wish you may build a word list & import the file. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hello, thank-you for your keen interest.  

The two videos are what I have also obtained.  They provide a shortcut that takes the user indirectly to the Protected Browser ...via the KIS GUI.  

It is interesting that the default spam word list is a mixture of mostly German terms with some English terms mixed in.  A bit weird.  

—DIV

P.S.  I realised that I neglected to say it clearly above, but for the record even after I noticed the Safe Money icon on my desktop today, I still did continue with your recommended procedure of restoring the default KIS settings & shutting down, and creating a ‘new’ shortcut (which was exactly the same as the old shortcut).  Then I imported my original settings back in again.  

• 3 weeks later...

I just got force-upgraded to 21.2 grrrrr…... 

I wanted Safe Money on windows 10 taskbar.  Do this:

Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 21.2

Right-click avpui.exe, select Pin to Taskbar

On the taskbar - right-click the icon that was just created.  In the popup menu, RIGHT-CLICK “Kaspersky Anti-Virus” and select Properties.

In the Target box of the Shortcut Tab - it should say “C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 21.2\avpui.exe”

Outside the closing double quote, add “-safebanking” so the Target now reads:

“C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 21.2\avpui.exe” -safebanking

Click Apply, then Save.

All done - clicking the KIS icon in taskbar will launch KIS, but take you directly to Safe Money screen.

I just got force-upgraded to 21.2 grrrrr…... 

Hello @ChrisM,

Welcome!

Thank you for confirming a TFU has taken place👍

We agree, for all sorts of reasons anything “forced” is objectional, however, you’re the only person we’ve read, that’s confirmed it’s actually happened, we’ve been waiting 2 weeks, as least now we know, for one person, it’s actually happened; we’re still waiting.

Thank you

Flood🐳+🐋