Cannot download files, message: antivirus check couldn't be carried out and so the download has been blocked.

gpicca98

Hello everyone, Suddenly I cannot download any kind of file from the internet, neither with Chrome nor with Internet explorer. A message shows up saying the antivirus check couldn't be carried out and so the download has been blocked. I've tried to restore KIS factory settings but nothing's changed. Help me please!

Suddenly I cannot download any kind of file from the internet, neither with Chrome nor with Internet explorer. A message shows up saying the antivirus check couldn't be carried out and so the download has been blocked. I've tried to restore KIS factory settings but nothing's changed.
Hello gpicca98, Welcome! Tell us please:
  1. KIS version, release, patch(x) x=letter? How to find the version of your Kaspersky Lab product
  2. Is the issue downloading all web downloads, or downloading from any cloud storage or a specific site:? For example, downloading from GoogleDrive - error happens, downloading from OneDrive, no error?
Recently, others have reported a similar issue, depending on your specific circumstance, the solutions that worked for them "may" help you. Please let us know so we can help? Thanks!

• 11 months later...

It happened as soon as I installed the software.  Not sure how to run in private mode.  What does that mean?

Error:

C:\Users\Bob\AppData\Local\Temp\file1.mp4.part could not be saved, because the source file could not be read.

Try again later, or contact the server administrator.

Hello @CocoaBob,

Welcome back!

Thank you for the information👌

• Private browsers are accessed via each browsers Settings menu, see images: 

Firefox, inPrivate Window

Chrome, Incognito

Edge Chromium, InPrivate browsing

Chrome result, the other Private browsers appear similar

However, (ioo) the extension of file “C:\Users\Bob\AppData\Local\Temp\file1.mp4.part” shows the source of error “….could not be saved, because the source file could not be read. Try again later, or contact the server administrator”, as follows:

1. A .part file will not download because it’s not a complete file
  2. A file cannot have two extensions.
  3. The file extension should be .mp4, not .mp4.part
  • Has the error “xxx file….could not be saved, because the source file could not be read. Try again later, or contact the server administrator.”, happened with any other file
  • If “yes”,  post a full screen image please? 

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

xxx = file name