Cannot click "add" in "Trusted Applications"

Hello ?  Kaspersky is blocking a thumbnail generator of one of our main programs, I go to "Settings" "Threats & Exclusions" then "Specify Trusted Applications" but am unable to click the "add" button?  Also unable to click "add+" under "Manage Exclusions", screen shot below (all buttons are greyed out).  This is in version 11.10.0.399 using the desktop app (I believe).  Can anybody help please?  Thanks!

image.png.8f38adfdb4ac1f942032c51292da2aa1.png

Hello,

could be that such changes are prevented in your security profile in KESCloud. But in my opinion adding an exclusion should be the very last option. Better to send in the program to let it be checked by our analysts and added it to the allowlist. To let us do this open an incident with us and attach the program in question, archived in a zip with password "infected" (with this pwd it could be unpacked automatically by our analysts)

-> https://CompanyAccount.kaspersky.com

You can also upload the file to OpenTIP and let it be checked there:

-> https://opentip.kaspersky.com/

Thank you!  I understand where you are coming from, but we have been advised by the IT support staff of our main Document Management Program (Virtual Cabinet) that Kaspersky is constantly stopping one of their thumbnail generator processes, and to please add it as an exception/exclusion so it can work again. 

Our Kaspersky was set up by our old IT support person, who disappeared a few months ago (literally, will not even return our calls), so we have no idea what to do to fix the security profile in the KESCloud.  Could you please provide some insight into where to go/how to do this and what we might need? 

I still would recommend to have this program added to our allowlist. Adding an exclusion would only help you, adding it to allowlist would help all users of this software. ?

Whatever path you want to go, please open an incident with CompanyAccount since we either need the program itself of some deeper analysis what exactly is blocking it.

OK, happy to do so, but we have been unable to set up a company account so far as we do not know where to find the "Key file" or "activation code".  Could you give us some clues on where to find these please?  Like I said, our old IT support guy set up Kaspersky and then disappeared so we are a bit stuck.

• 1 month later...

Hi there

Thats ok, but no I have not been able to create an account, as when we do it asks for a "Key file" or "activation code" and I dont have one.  I have looked around to try and find what you mean by "PN" (i guess private note?) but I haven't been able to find how to send you such a thing, direct me and Ill send you one, thanks ?