Cannot activate free version Kaspersky Cloud in Croatia. Select EU and Global: Still no go.

I’m installing the free version of Kaspersky Cloud but can’t finish the installation because I get a error message:

I downloaded the application from https://www.kaspersky.com/free-antivirus and selected The European Union version as I’m from Croatia which is part of the EU.

In My Kaspersky as on my PC the system locale is set to Croatia, also I tried to install the Global version but still get the same message.

My best guess is that Kaspersky Cloud is not available in Croatia, can someone confirm this for me if they have a similar problem or if I’m wrong help fix the issue.

Hi,

Before I had Kaspersky Free and it worked fine, I just tried to update to Kaspersky Cloud as I understand is the new version of Free. If it can’t be installed I’ll just revert to the old one that worked. Wasn’t even trying to activate the 30 day trial of the paid version, I just need basic free protection, nothing more. It was odd to me that I couldn’t get it running so I wanted to see if anyone had a similar problem.

Hi @FLOOD 

Had some free time and tested all 3 versions KIS, KTS and KAV that you mentioned. They all work fine when I select the EU version.

Hope it helps you

Hello @abalasko,

Thank you so much👏  and thank you for taking the time to let us know👌 !

• Also, our Croatian buddy tested the issue & got exactly the same error as you, (imo), for whatever reason, Kaspersky have not released Kaspersky Security Cloud in Croatia; very strange🤔.
  • KSCloud has been out for ages, wonder what the holdup is? 😞

We’ll find out & let you know.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello @abalasko

According to the Kaspersky Technician, Sent: Tuesday, 12 May 2020 10:55

Quote: “The application should be available for users in Croatia.”

Unquote. 

Please confirm:

Please post back? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hi @FLOOD

Downloaded the app from the link you sent and the version you asked but still no change.

Also here’s the report you asked for. 

@FLOOD 

That is what’s strange to me, I don’t even want to start any trail period, but that is what the installer takes me to. I think there’s no way for me to go past this message

Hello @abalasko

Please make full screen videos of the following:

1. Start new video:
  2. Uninstall ks3.020.0.14.1085abcdefghijen_21405 - save video
  3. Shutdown using Full Shutdown not restart, power on, login. 
  4. Start new video:
  5. Go to EU - Kaspersky Security Cloud
  6. Download  ks3.020.0.14.1085abcdefghijen_21405 - save video. 
  7. Start new video:
  8. Install ks3.020.0.14.1085abcdefghijen_21405 - save video. 
  9. Shutdown using Full Shutdown not restart, power on, login. 
  10. Start new video:
  11. Start Kaspersky Security Cloud *
  12. Do whichever steps generate the “application not yet available in your region” error - save video. 

screencast-o-matic works well.

Include the video number & name, for example: 

1. Uninstall ks3.020.0.14.1085abcdefghijen_21405.
  2. EU - Kaspersky Security Cloud download site.
  3. Install ks3.020.0.14.1085abcdefghijen_21405.
  4. Kaspersky Security Cloud - FREE version not installed & Region error.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

@FLOOD 

Followed your instructions, so here are the screen caps.

Just to let you know in the 3rd video when the installation finished I didn’t enter any credentials but shut down the pc as you said.

In the 4th video I skipped the the part where I enter my credentials and continued where the message pops up.

Hope I did everything right

Hello @abalasko

Thank you🙏

You did great👏

• Interestingly, from site/download link above, posted 11 hrs ago, EU Free version installs

🤔 , however, right up until activation, the software looked identical to what you’ve shown, it appeared to be Kaspersky Security Cloud, not Free (I’ll edit the videos tomorrow and post). 

At the Connect to MyKaspersky stage, I created  a new account, with a totally new email address

The GUI changed to Kaspersky Security Cloud Free🤔

• Please start from scratch, don’t use an existing MyKaspersky account, create a new account, using the Kaspersky Security Cloud GUI > “If you don’t have a My Kaspersky account, we’ll create one for you” and using a new email address

Let us know the outcome please?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hi @FLOOD 

So I created a new account and now everything works but the funny thing is we still don’t know why it didn’t work with the existing one. Guess I won’t be needing that one anymore 😂

Anyways thank you a lot for bearing with me on this one. 🤝

Hello @abalas@abalasko

• Thank you so much for updating us👍
  • It was an absolute pleasure working with you☺
  • & WOW! It’s fantastic to know the solution worked👏
  • I think somehow, when the connection from the GUI was made to the original account, something went haywire, the good thing to know is, it’s working🤸

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

yeah i think im having the same problem in the UK 

i had an old mobile kaspersky sub from a few years ago when i was going abroad for a month

it has been inactive since i never resubbed to it after it ended in 2008

but because i have used the same email address kaspersky systems doesnt seem to want to activate the free kaspersky security cloud, forcing me to create a new email address for the purpose

unless moderator there is another way as id rather not create another email address 

Hello @jackieo,

Welcome!

• Unfortunately, the Community members and Moderators cannot assist, we have no access to Kaspersky customer records/information.  
  • From the information “ old mobile kaspersky sub from a few years ago, it has been inactive since i never resubbed to it after it ended in 2008 “, the inability to activate Kaspersky Security Cloud Free may possibly be due to another problem, for example, the subscription being from 2008🤔
  • Even tho Kaspersky Free products have no access to Technical Support, in this case, please contact them, provide them with a detailed history, the dates, the original subscription information and the problem you’re encountering now. 
  • When you log the case, with Kaspersky Technical Support, fill in the  Activation & License issues  template, (see image, I’ve selected Android as you’ve mentioned mobile, if the device is different, select from the options that suit you); Support will require a detailed history, including the original email address, the original subscription order number and activation code and images of the error. 
  • After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

• Please share the outcome with the Community when it’s available? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳