Canada Servers Not Working With Netflix.

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

I am trying to access the Netflix Canada library but it keeps blocking me saying I need to turn off proxy to continue. The US based servers work fine but the Canada servers never work with Netflix.

Any possible fix of this? I wish there was feature to change servers in case one doesn't work.

Hello @Mr.Payne,

Welcome!

The Kaspersky Free vpn version, has remote virtual locations automatically selected by the software, it’s one of the conditions of using the free software. 

• The premium/licensed version of KSC-VPN, does have Canadian remote virtual location. 
  • The Netflix “proxy” error is common if a generic VPN is used. 
  1. Is the Kaspersky VPN, free or licensed/subscription

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Reference:

What is Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection

About Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection

Hello @Mr.Payne,

Welcome!

The Kaspersky Free vpn version, has remote virtual locations automatically selected by the software, it’s one of the conditions of using the free software. 

• The premium/licensed version of KSC-VPN, does have Canadian remote virtual location. 
  • The Netflix “proxy” error is common if a generic VPN is used. 
  1. Is the Kaspersky VPN, free or licensed/subscription

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Reference:

What is Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection

About Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection

Hi! i have a subscription and that is how I tested the US servers and Netflix worked fine with them. I specifically need a working Canada server. Hope this gets fixed...

Hello @Mr.Payne,

You’re welcome!

For our tests → we’re not in Canada, we set the Kaspersky VPN as Canada, we paid a Netflix subscription, we connected to Netflix Canada, we viewed various media from Netflix Canada, because Netflix blocks screen recording & screen images we could not capture these directly from the screen, we’ve taken images with another device, excuse them,  they’re not the best quality. 

1. Have you done any troubleshooting, are there any error codes along with Proxy error
  2. Which device operating system is KSC-VPN installed on? 
  3. Which KSK-VPN version & patch is installed? 
  • Contact Kaspersky Technical Support, give them as much information as possible, the more they know the greater the possibility they will be able to help you. The Technical Team may ask for Traces, they will provide you with the steps to collect these if required. 
  • Prepare a GSI & Windows logs, add the zip folder to the incident request. 
  • Follow the template guide → image 9, to create & submit the incident:  however, you will need to specify your device details & your KSC-VPN details (if they’re different to what we’ve filled in). 
  • After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

➡ Edit: additional: tell us the name of a Canadian film/program you specifically wish to watch so we can test that exact media?⬅

Hello @Mr.Payne,

You’re welcome!

For our tests → we’re not in Canada, we set the Kaspersky VPN as Canada, we paid a Netflix subscription, we connected to Netflix Canada, we viewed various media from Netflix Canada, because Netflix blocks screen recording & screen images we could not capture these directly from the screen, we’ve taken images with another device, excuse them,  they’re not the best quality. 

1. Have you done any troubleshooting, are there any error codes along with Proxy error
  2. Which device operating system is KSC-VPN installed on? 
  3. Which KSK-VPN version & patch is installed? 
  • Contact Kaspersky Technical Support, give them as much information as possible, the more they know the greater the possibility they will be able to help you. The Technical Team may ask for Traces, they will provide you with the steps to collect these if required. 
  • Prepare a GSI & Windows logs, add the zip folder to the incident request. 
  • Follow the template guide → image 9, to create & submit the incident:  however, you will need to specify your device details & your KSC-VPN details (if they’re different to what we’ve filled in). 
  • After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

➡ Edit: additional: tell us the name of a Canadian film/program you specifically wish to watch so we can test that exact media?⬅

Hi! Thanks for all your information and you’re right I’m specifically trying to access a particular show it’s called “Murdoch Mysteries”. I forgot to mention that it’s not like the whole site stops working. The listed shows stream but whenever I google Murdoch Mysteries (since Netflix doesn’t show it in their search) and enter to watch from the search result links or the Watch on Netflix button, I get an error and it asks me to disable any proxies. (See attached screenshot)

Please test it and let me know if it’s working on your end.

Thank you for all the support, really appreciate it. I totally don’t have to watch that show right now but it would still feel good to know the Canada servers work for every show.

Thanks.

Kaspersky Secure Connection Version - 21.1.15.500 (b)

OS - Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

OS Build - 19041.508.

• Solution

Hello @Mr.Payne

You’re most welcome🙂 !

• According to Netflix Technical Support (JM), Netflix has categorized Murdoch Mysteries, as region specific, region specific categories reference ip addresses that are on block lists. 
  • As you’ve already established, for some media → KSC-VPN does work with Netflix Canada.
  • If you believe there’s a problem with KSC-VPN, please contact Kaspersky Technical Support → as per our advice in our original reply - however, select template Feedback, I have a complaint

Please share the advice the Kaspersky Technical Team provide, with the Community, when it’s available?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

• 2 months later...

Hello @Mr.Payne

Update from Kaspersky’s blog, Hugh Aver, October 23, 2020: Five life hacks for Netflix usersHow to access content from anywhere in the world

Another Netflix issue is its location-tied content. Want to watch a show on vacation abroad? You might be disappointed. Want to improve your language skills with a foreign film? It might not play.

Fortunately, that problem has an easy solution: the latest version of Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection. The VPN redirects data via an encrypted channel through one of hundreds of transit servers located all around the world, making Netflix catalogs for the US and UK available in any corner of the globe. If one transit server suddenly goes down, there is always another to connect to.

Incidentally, Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection solves another issue with online viewing. Some ISPs monitor Netflix video streams and slow them down, forcing the service to lower the transmission speed, which degrades picture quality. That way the ISP saves bandwidth — at the expense of your viewing experience. Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection encrypts data so that ISPs cannot detect video streaming, thereby giving you the speed and the picture quality you paid for.

• If you’re still unable to access selected Netflix films/programs, please escalate to Kaspersky Technical Support & please share the outcome with the Community? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

I am trying to access the Netflix Canada library but it keeps blocking me saying I need to turn off proxy to continue. The US based servers work fine but the Canada servers never work with Netflix.

Any possible fix of this? I wish there was feature to change servers in case one doesn't work.

As far as I know, Netflix in Secure Connection works flawlessly only for VPN servers in US and UK.