Can Kaspersky scan zipped files before unzipping them to check there are no viruses or malware?

D14BL0

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same question about scanning the contents of a zip file.

I have tried the approach stated in harlan4096’s reply but Kasperky freezes when attempting to scan a zip file.  The scan gets stuck at 1% and never finishes. 

At this point the scanning has been allowed to run for over an hour (and I am allowing it to continue to run … hoping it will work).

Attempting to stop the scanning also doesn’t work.  (The Kaspersky interface shows no response except in the Details screen.  The Details screen only indicates “stopping”, but this too never finishes.)

Although scanning a zip file freezes, other Kaspersky features appear to continue operating without problems such as updating the database.

Current conclusion:  Kaspersky cannot scan files stored in a zip file.

Software used: Kaspersky Internet Security, 20.0.0.829a, 2019

• 4 months later...

The zip file is 11kb in size.  It was a download from a repository.  The zip file contains only Python code files.

MacBook Pro 2015

macOS High Sierra, version 10.13.6

Hello,

Could you provide the zip file or tell us the downloadd link via PM to me? We need take a look at this zip file.

Regards.

Software used: Kaspersky Internet Security, 20.0.0.829a.b, 2019

I have re-attempted scanning zip files using Kaspersky and Kaspersky processes the zip file without hanging. 

Software used: Kaspersky Internet Security, 20.0.0.829a.b, 2019

I have re-attempted scanning zip files using Kaspersky and Kaspersky processes the zip file without hanging. 

Hello @ronp 

According to your reply. Was your problem solved? If yes, Please join to mark Best answer to the post which could help you solved the problem. Thanks !

Regards.