Can I NOT merge pswd cards with the same url?

When I first started using KPM a few days ago, I remember being given a choice of creating a new card or merging with an existing card when the urls were the same. Now I don’t get that choice...it always merges without asking me. Did I inadvertently change a setting or something? How can I get that functionality back?

When I first started using KPM a few days ago, I remember being given a choice of creating a new card or merging with an existing card when the urls were the same. Now I don’t get that choice...it always merges without asking me. Did I inadvertently change a setting or something? How can I get that functionality back?

Hello @suncrest21

Welcome!

1. Read before you create a new topic!, tutorial by @Danila T. 
  2. Is it merging all URLs or only some? 
  3. May we have an example URL (not a financial & or government site) → we’ll test and see where the problem is? 
  4. Is KPM licensed (Premium) or Free? 

Please post back?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Thanks for your quick reply. I’m running KPM V9.0.2.16299 (Premium version) on Windows 10 V21H1 (Build 19043.1110). When I first started using KPM a few days ago I was presented the create-or-merge dialog box every time I added an entry, but for some reason I don’t now, regardless of url. Haven’t found a url where I get the choice anymore. I played with auth scope some, but it doesn’t seem to affect it. Attached are two screenshots; one before adding a second entry, one showing the entries already merged. The create-or-merge dialog box never shows now.

One other thing. When I first started entering websites and create-or-merge was being presented, the cards with multiple entries had an icon to the right of ‘Delete’ on the Menu. I can’t remember what the text was now, as none of my cards has that icon now.

Hello @suncrest21

You’re most welcome!

Thank you for the additional information & the images👌

Apologies for the delay responding😥

➡ KPM generated the Do you want to use this account

• For the entire xxx.com site
  • Just for xxx.xxx.com

once (image 1), after that, despite creating & or modifying 10 accounts on various social media & mail applications, KPM simply refused to offer the prompt again. 

And, KPM showed the Entries merged pop-up (image 3), once only as well.

We did find Authentication scope (image 4), even when we changed Only this domain to Everywhere on xxx - no Entries merged popup displayed, &, no matter which Authentication scope was selected, the prompt: Do you want to use this account, was not displayed again.

Documentation: Authentication scope = Kaspersky Password Manager automatically detects the website domain level and prompts you to specify the authentication scope.

You can save one account for a website and use it to log in on website subdomains.

If you use different accounts for a second level domain and subdomains, you can save them as separate entries.

We contacted technical support, the support supervisor & support agent claimed it was to do with Auto-fill, we explained Auto-fill is working perfectly. 

They’ve escalated the issue, we’re waiting for a response, as soon as we hear we will update your topic.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hello @suncrest21

Answer from support:

qte

Some websites stays on the same URL and some will have redirection; the merge notification will depend on how the website is.

end qte

They don’t have any information about Authentication scope.

When pressed, they said:

qte

If all the information is documented then customers may get confused.

end qte

We advised them: Kaspersky customers get ‘confused’ when there is no documentation & the Kaspersky customer has to endure half a dozen email communications with them trying to get any/correct information. 

End result, they’re following up; as soon as we hear we will update your topic.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋