can i have the possibility to have always a popup menu when kaspersky does find malware?

Hi

i was for 10 yeats using another Antivirus.

now I’m trying on my home laptop kaskersky home cloud and it’s an amazing antivirus (i guess one of the best ….) ,
kaspersky writes more in I/O monitored with process hacker and process explorer

I do miss something

i’m thinking to buy internet security or another product for my work computer

well i like when an antivirus does find a malware a pop up menu , with clean , delete or quantine

is there a way to have it ?

could be implemented in the free version?

@mantra

Welcome.  When detecting an infected object or url  Kaspersky  is always sending an alert.

hi

i have disabled the antivirus ,to download eicar.com

i click 2 , nothing i can’t get any popup or notification under w7 64bit

I guess it’s scan mode → smart mode

i have changed to on execution and i can see a pop up , but i don’t if the right choice (i mean on execution kaspersky should scan only what i run

just confused with on execution , on acess on acess and modification ,which is more safe?

thanks

can i have the possibility to have always a popup menu when kaspersky does find malware?

Hello @mantra

Also, if you’d like to test the alerts Kaspersky Security Cloud sends, use safe test sites like WICAR or EICAR

Example of Kaspersky alert

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳 +🐋

Hi

i get a notication only is i setup  scan mode not in smart mode

in smart mode i can’t get any notification

could be a bug?

Hello @mantra

Thank you for posting back!

1. Run the same test using the WICAR page & tell us the result? 
  2. Unselect Perform recommended actions automatically

Action on threat detection

• Ask user. File Anti-Virus informs you of detection of an infected or probably infected object and prompts you for the action to take on it.

This option is available if the Perform recommended actions automatically check box is cleared under Settings → General.

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳 +🐋

Hello @mantra

Thank you for posting back!

1. Run the same test using the WICAR page & tell us the result? 
  2. Looking at the image → which EICAR option did you select - we’ll test...

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳 +🐋

Hi

i have disabled the av , download from your source eicar.com , enabled kaspersky in smart mode , clicked twice nothing on eicar nothing

but it works in on execution -acess and acess + modificaition , if click twice on eicar.com ,i get quickly a pop up and i can click on disinfect  delete , or block

but is it normal?

and is more safe have file antivirus set  on ececution or on acess  ?

thanks

Hello @mantra

In our test, we set Smart mode → see video & image:

Link

Smart mode → File Anti-Virus scans an object based on an analysis of actions taken on the object. For example, when working with a Microsoft Office document, Kaspersky Total Security scans the file the first time it is opened and the last time it is closed. Intermediate operations that overwrite the file do not cause it to be scanned.

Execution mode, File Anti-Virus only scans objects upon an attempt to run them.

IF Smart mode is not working → Export KSC Settings, Restore KSC Settings, shutdown, power off computer using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login, make sure KSC is running, check Smart mode is selected, repeat your tests → let us know the outcome, if there’s any issues, make a video(s) so we can see the steps you’re taking. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳 +🐋

Hello @mantra

Link

Smart mode → File Anti-Virus scans an object based on an analysis of actions taken on the object. For example, when working with a Microsoft Office document, Kaspersky Total Security scans the file the first time it is opened and the last time it is closed. Intermediate operations that overwrite the file do not cause it to be scanned.

IF Smart mode is not working → Export KSC Settings, Restore KSC Settings, shutdown, power off computer using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login, make sure KSC is running, check Smart mode is selected, repeat your tests → let us know the outcome, if there’s any issues, make a video(s) so we can see the steps you’re taking. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳 +🐋

Hi

thank you so much for the video , it ‘s exactly like mine , in smart mode there is no pop up dialog , i have always to go in the notication center to know if it was a virus or a false positive

i have to change to on execution -acess and acess + modificaition  to have a pop up dialog

I guess it’s not normal the smart mode behavior , a pop up dialog with the possibility of the action should be normal like every antivirus

in the execution mode a pdf ,or a jpg could be not scanned

thanks

Hello @mantra

Link

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳 +🐋

Hi @Flood and Flood's wife

first thank you so much for the video

and yes , it works exactly like mine

but i guess it’s not a normal behavior

because to have a pop up dialog I have to select in the scan mode everything but not smart mode

I guess smart mode should work like the others scan modes

to have a pop up dialog i have to select on execusion or acess or access and modification , while in smart mode i have to check the notification center ! do you think it’s normal ,don’t u?

thanks