Can i get a virus by logging with an acount (putting email and password)?

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

so i clicked on a strange website accidentally and then i cleaned all browser data, formatted the drive and made a scan with KVRT. I also changed my accounts credentials, but can i infect my pc again by just logging in?

Please don't ridicularize me, i'm really anxious

• Solution

so i clicked on a strange website accidentally and then i cleaned all browser data, formatted the drive and made a scan with KVRT. I also changed my accounts credentials, but can i infect my pc again by just logging in?

Hello @highlander89,

Welcome!

No-one is going to ridicule you; we all know how stressful things like you describe are. 

1. Do you mean can the PC be re-infected by logging into the PC or into the same website, or another website & or application? 
  2. Do you have any other Kaspersky software installed other than KVRT?

Please let us know? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Hello @highlander89

No, if you’ve done all you said:  “cleaned all browser data, formatted the drive, made a scan with KVRT & changed accounts credentials”; it would be very, very, very unusual to “infect the pc again by just logging in.”

We’d like you to monitor the PC for the next week; if you notice any unusual behaviours, from the PC, any apps & or browsers, please post back? 

Also, maybe you’d like to install one of Kaspersky’s home AV solutions, in Premium Trial mode = 30 days of the Premium software, we think Kaspersky Total Security would be good; when it’s installed, post back & we’ll step you thru using PC Cleaner, Unused Data Cleaner & Privacy Cleaner tools…. Please don’t run these without first chatting with us.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Hello @highlander89, Welcome.

I think you have done everything necessary.

Unfortunately you didn't tell where you log in.
Email, RDP, social media,...?

But at first sight I don't see any risk.

e-mail, social media, and apps like steam, spotify.

i can infect by just logging with e-mail and password?

(no download or opened links, just logging)

• 1 year later...

Nobody will make fun of you since we are all aware of how difficult the situations you describe are.

Do you mean that login into the computer, the same website, another website, or an application might re-infect the computer?
Other than KVRT, do you have any other Kaspersky software installed?
Please inform us.