Button "not visible" problems in KIS 2021

Go to solution Solved by Berny,

Berny, I clicked shift+F12, shift+F5.. What were they for? Nothing happened.. Are these button combinations for language switching of Kaspersky? I use kaspersky’s english version. Because i got used to english one. :) Support gives me Turkish version, i reply to Support “Can you please give me English version, thanks”. The Support probably gets surprised to see that reply from me.. ;) By the way, I installed Turkish version to virtual machine ,too, to see if there would be any difference but it was same again.. Just for info,i wanted to point out.. 

I see..  In fact, button problem is not a big problem, i got used to button’s coordinates in the gui, It would make no difference if i see a button or not.. The mouse almost automatically goes to that coordinate ,lol. :) Report interface is only a little pain. I can get used to that gui ,too.. I can even use KIS 2021 in this “without button” format,in fact :) I may not return to KIS 2020, i’m undetermined for now.. Let me see what Support will say. :) 

Hello,

Support wanted me to send them my GSI logs and wanted me to enable traces in support → support tools → enable trace button  and requested me to restart computer and send them my trace report. The weird thing is: i couldn’t stop enable trace ,too, because that stop button was missing,too. lol. I again uninstalled and reinstalled KIS 2021 just to be able to stop enable traces. 🙂 In the end, it looks that Support will come to conclusion that because of my installed applications , this button problems occured, lol…Virtual machine has an isolated environment from main pc and the operating system in virtual machine cannot be bound to main pc’s settings,installations, only uses same hardware,that’s all. Why is this same problem in virtual machine,then, this is weird..  Anyway, i just wanted to inform you what happened up to now..

Best wishes.. 

Hello @maxmathew,

Thanks for the update👌

• It sure must be hard having GUI 👻buttons🤔 , the Traces Disable button is to the right of the Enable button, and only “appears” after Enable has been activated, which would make it very hard for you as, atm, it does not appear at all😣

Link

Do keeps us posted with the outcome of the issue?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

That stop button was missing as in the attachment. :) I uninstalled and reinstalled KIS 2021 just to be able to stop enable traces . :)  Support will solve the problem, most probably,i guess.. I’ll keep informing from here, Flood..

Best wishes.. 

Hello,

Let me give the information about what happened : The support gave me some instructions to let me do them and to let me check if the application button problem gets fixed or not.. 

The instructions were: 

1. with http://media.kaspersky.com/utilities/ConsumerUtilities/kavremvr.exe  tool , remove Kaspersky Internet Security and Kaspersky Secure Connection
  2. Uninstall Malwarebytes version 4.1.2.73 - 4.1.2.73, Webroot SecureAnywhere - 9.0.28.48, Zemana AntiMalware 3.2.27. 
  3. Boot system in safe mode and please remove the following files: C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\gfiark.sys C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\trufos.sys C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\npf.sys
  4.  Boot to normal mode, make sure there are no folders:                          C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 21.1\ C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 21.1 (1)\
  5. Please update your operating system:                              https://www.microsoft.com/tr-tr/software-download/windows10
  6. Install KIS 2021 and check the situation please.                                                                                                                                                                                                           I did all of them exactly as they said. and the problem continues. We will see what Support will say after all :)  I did all these in vain, lol, anyway.. I wanted to inform you..                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Best wishes

In the begining of my communication to Support, I gave a very detailed information to Support. They know all the details, andrew75.. I think, they first tried to eliminate these problematic issues in my pc, maybe they already knew these steps wouldn’t be a cure.. In the end, they will come to conclusion they must examine other areas (program codes) rather than my pc,i guess.. We will see what will happen.. :)

Hello,

The Support wanted me to do these: 

1) Please install Turkish version from which we sent its link.

2) please create a new GSI report and please send it to us.

3) please create new traces report. To disable traces report: Boot system in safe mode > run regedit (Registry) and go to> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\KasperskyLab\AVP21.1\Trace\Default  set DriversLogEnable and TraceFileEnable to 0

I uninstalled KIS 2021 and installed its Turkish version and I sent new GSI report and traces report.I attached the files to here,too. For traces report, you can download from this link: https://yadi.sk/d/16QKXJb3tFIz2w  

I wanted to inform you about what happened up to this hour.  :)

Sincerely

hello,

The Support replied me: 

Dear user,

1) Our producers point out that the situation may be due to your system. 

2) You mentioned that you installed it in VMware, is the same situation happening on your host machine? 

3) In VMware, please change the system settings to English: Settings-Time & Language - Language, check status.

4)Please check the status on the new Windows user account on your virtual machine.

My answer (translated from yandex translator,i couldn’t write all these again in English, sorry,i just corrected some translation problems :) )  :

1) if its reason is from my system, why does the virtual machine look the same? It can't be a software conflict or a problem, because virtual machines have an isolated environment. It uses only the same hardware; it installs its own drivers for the same hardware while installing the operating system within the virtual machine. Settings on the main pc, installed software, or any software problems that may occur on main pc do not affect the virtual machine. Even if we don't consider the virtual machine, if it's a problem with my system, I sent you the GSI reports, The trace reports. Can't you work out what the problem is by studying those reports? As far as I'm concerned, some computers with certain hardware seem to have problems in the phase of software coding that could cause problems in KIS 2021. Because I do not have any hardware problems on my computer, they all work properly, if we look at the softwares in my pc as a software conflict, even if there were problems on main pc, on the virtual machine then this situation should not have happened. I also removed Webroot, Zemana, and Malwarebytes from the host, which may be a problem, and did all the necessary steps which you mentioned. If the result hasn't changed, then wouldn't it be more accurate to re-examine the program code than to search a problem on my pc? I don’t know if the this problem facer is only me, but it would also be a good idea to have a PC that has the same hardware features of my pc and the same brand of my pc and you can also try it on another computer that has the same hardware features,just to examine this situation, if you have an opportunity to do so... thank you...
2) on VMware I had installed KIS2021 English version and later i installed Turkish version of KIS 2021 and on the main machine I installed the latest English, and aaccording to your request,i installed Turkish version of KIS 2021. The button problems and “report interface does not appear as requested” problem in both the main machine and on VMWare , on both versions (English,Turkish of KIS 2021) exist.
3) I looked at the setting you said in WMware, the default application language is set to Turkish. I just did it in English, like you said. The change of the language settings does not affect the button problems already, but I tried to do what you say, there is no changing situation.
4) I am already in the administrator account on the Virtual Machine. I don't think this will change even if I create a new account, but I did what you said and opened the KIS 2021 interface from the account I created and the problematic buttons remain invisible still. I'm sending you its picture in the attachment.

Kindest regards

I wanted to inform you about what happened up to this hour.. I began not to think this problem will be solved in my pc. The producers think the problem is at my pc, but they can’t even find what the problem is and can’t even solve the problem if it’s from my system. This is ironic situation of them..  Anyway.. If i get an answer,i inform from here.. 

Best wishes..

Hello,

The Support replied me: 

Dear user,

Our producer Department states that bug work has been started on this situation. This is expected to be corrected in future updates.

Thank you for the information you provided and the understanding you showed.

The Support’s last reply was in this way.. I thanked to them in my reply. I hope this fix is applied in very soon future.. By the way, I thank you,too, for your patience,replies and concerns..

Best wishes..

• 4 weeks later...