[bug] Youtube ads are no longer skipeable when Kaspersky Chrome extension is activated [Closed & Merged]

tbop
Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Hi,

For about 3 months now I’m no longer able to skip ads on Youtube. The skip button doesn’t overlay anymore on the video. So for my only workaround is to wait 4 seconds and then refresh the page.

It’s extremely annoying and today I’ve finally gotten around to investigating the root causes. It seems to be due to the newer version of the Kaspersky Chrome extension. If I disable it, I’m able to finally skip Youtube ads again. This has been identified by this user on this Google’s support thread here: https://support.google.com/youtube/thread/5544142?hl=en&msgid=19490798

Please fix this issue it’s extremely annoying as Youtube is very important to my work and this bug is psychological torture.

Chrome: 79.0.3945.130

Kaspersky is up-to-date

Kaspersky Chrome extension: 30.255.180.0

Cheers

• Solution

Hello @tbop,

Thank you for replying & for raising the INC🙏

1. In Google Chrome, in the address bar, type in:   chrome://flags/#enable-quic     press enter  
  2. Next to the Experimental QUIC protocol, select Disabled from the drop-down menu. 

3. Clear  Chrome browser cache & cookies
  4. Recheck the ad issue? 
  • Also, please PM the INC reference number to @Igor Kurzin , this issue is known to him. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

• 2 months later...

Unfortunately I just upgraded my computer to Windows 10 using the Upgrade Installer developed by Microsoft (keeping original files and apps) and since then the problem with YouTube has reappeared.

I’ve checked Chrome settings and the Experimental QUIC Protocol seems to be still disabled.

What would you suggest to try in order to be able to skip YouTube ads again?

Thanks!

Hello @tbop ,

Welcome!

Please tell us?

• Have all Windows Updates been applied?
  • KIS version & patch(x)? x = letter? 
  • What version of Chrome is installed?
  1. Try resetting Chrome to Default.
  2. Export Bookmarks for all browsers.
  3. Run KIS Privacy Wizard - select all options - at the completion of the Wizard - reboot.
  4. Login, start KIS, check YouTube ads, if the issue persists, re-apply the Experimental QUIC Protocol fix & recheck? 

Let us know the outcome please?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello @tbop,

Open KIS, select More Tools, select Clean & Optimize, select Privacy Cleaner, select Search for user traces of activity, that will start the Wizard, select Next, the search will be complete, select all check boxes, select Next, to run the Wizard, - at the completion of the Wizard, select Reboot.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

• 4 weeks later...