Browsers losing Internet connection periodically

Since a week, my computer's internet connectivity is experiencing some issues. The internet connection is staying active in a way, but losing partially after a certain amount of time.

All browsers start to show "ERR_CONNECTION_FAILED", apps and games gets partial internet connectivity, like in WhatsApp exchange of text messages happens, but no media or status, in game, many functionalities loses connection, like voice chat, text chat and changing settings, etc. 

I can't find any fix which is permanent, only a full system restart helps, but after sometime, again the same disconnection. Whereas, the hotspot that this same system is emitting, that doesn't loses any connection, with the hotspot, I can access the full internet on my phone. 

Please help to fix this, I can't understand if this is a problem of antivirus, or windows update or something else.

Thank You

8 hours ago, Anmol Singh said:
  • Windows 11. KTS 21.3
  • Since a week, my computer's internet connectivity is experiencing some issues. The internet connection is staying active in a way but losing partially after a certain amount of time.
  • All browsers start to show "ERR_CONNECTION_FAILED", apps and games gets partial internet connectivity, like in WhatsApp exchange of text messages happens, but no media or status, in game, many functionalities lose connection, like voice chat, text chat and changing settings, etc. 
  • I can't find any fix which is permanent, only a full system restart helps, but after some time, again the same disconnection. 

Hello @Anmol Singh

Welcome!

Please try this solution from @Igor Kurzin

1. Make sure Windows Hidden files, is checked/ticked, refer: View hidden files and folders in Windows?
  2. Open Kaspersky app, select Settings, select Generaluncheck Enable Self-Defense, select Save, select Yes - to confirm the action.
  3. Exit Kaspersky app - on the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select Exit.
  4. Go to folder C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP21.3\Report\ and delete the contents = all files and folders.
  5. Start Kaspersky app.
  6. Enable Self-Defense.
  7. Shutdown the computer, using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login.
  8. Re-check the issue?

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @Anmol Singh

Welcome!

Please try this solution from @Igor Kurzin

1. Make sure Windows Hidden files, is checked/ticked, refer: View hidden files and folders in Windows?
  2. Open Kaspersky app, select Settings, select Generaluncheck Enable Self-Defense, select Save, select Yes - to confirm the action.
  3. Exit Kaspersky app - on the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select Exit.
  4. Go to folder C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP21.3\Report\ and delete the contents = all files and folders.
  5. Start Kaspersky app.
  6. Enable Self-Defense.
  7. Shutdown the computer, using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login.
  8. Re-check the issue?

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Thanks for this fix. I have been trying with my head upside down for so many days. Now this worked as the right fix. Till now no issue is faced, hope to face it again.

• Thanks 1

Hello @Anmol Singh,

Thank you for the update!

Do the following:

1. Exit all browsers *don't restart any browsers atm*
  2. Open Kaspersky app, select Settings⚙icon in lower left-hand corner of the window
  3. In the Settings window, select the Manage settings section.
  4. Select Export -> the Save window opens -> specify a name for the configuration file and select the Save button -> the application settings are now saved in the configuration file.
  5. Return to the Manage settings section - select Restore - allow the Restore wizard to run to completion. Note: *do not import the configuration file* 
  6. Run a manual Database update - allow the Database update to run to completion. 
  7. As Admin: Flush DNS || Reset IE Proxy Settings || Reset FF Proxy Settings
  8. Shutdown the computer using Shutdown, not Restart. 
  9. Disconnect the power cable from the computer. 
  10. Disconnect the comms cable from the Router / Modem to the computer. 
  11. Power Router / Modem OFF & leave it OFF. 
  12. Connect power cable back into computer. 
  13. Power on computer by pressing power button. 
  14. Login to computer. 
  15. Reconnect comms cable back into Modem / Router. 
  16. Power on Modem / Router. 
  17.  Start browser, check for issue - if it repeats - uninstall KTS, *saving License information only* - leave all other check boxes blank, at the end of the uninstall make sure the machine is rebooted, login, download a new KTS installer, install KTS & check for issue - if it repeats -please contact Support: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts; they may require logs, traces & other data; they will guide you. 
  • Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
Added additional step 7 with 3 components

5 hours ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @Anmol Singh,

Thank you for the update!

Do the following:

1. Exit all browsers *don't restart any browsers atm*
  2. Open Kaspersky app, select Settings⚙icon in lower left-hand corner of the window
  3. In the Settings window, select the Manage settings section.
  4. Select Export -> the Save window opens -> specify a name for the configuration file and select the Save button -> the application settings are now saved in the configuration file.
  5. Return to the Manage settings section - select Restore - allow the Restore wizard to run to completion. Note: *do not import the configuration file* 
  6. Run a manual Database update - allow the Database update to run to completion. 
  7. As Admin: Flush DNS || Reset IE Proxy Settings || Reset FF Proxy Settings
  8. Shutdown the computer using Shutdown, not Restart. 
  9. Disconnect the power cable from the computer. 
  10. Disconnect the comms cable from the Router / Modem to the computer. 
  11. Power Router / Modem OFF & leave it OFF. 
  12. Connect power cable back into computer. 
  13. Power on computer by pressing power button. 
  14. Login to computer. 
  15. Reconnect comms cable back into Modem / Router. 
  16. Power on Modem / Router. 
  17.  Start browser, check for issue - if it repeats - uninstall KTS, *saving License information only* - leave all other check boxes blank, at the end of the uninstall make sure the machine is rebooted, login, download a new KTS installer, install KTS & check for issue - if it repeats -please contact Support: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts; they may require logs, traces & other data; they will guide you. 
  • Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Should I perform these steps after the issue comes up again? Or at any time?

On 1/10/2023 at 10:38 PM, Anmol Singh said:

Should I perform these steps after the issue comes up again? Or at any time?

Hello @Anmol Singh

You reported that the issue had returned.

The procedure is a once only, if the issue persists, & after uninstalling the software, saving License information only & a clean install, log the issue with Support. 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife