Block IPs IN KSC Firewall .

Go to solution Solved by ElvinE5,

Hello, we have some IPs shared from our regulator and we need to block from KSC Firewall. When adding the IP in (Available network > untrusted group > add new rules that block the inbound and outbound for this ip but still PCs are able to ping this IP.

can someone show me my mistake ? 

image.thumb.png.4459ea78f96cb14f038400a7670ccf69.png

Good day

as far as I can see you are creating a rule for applications. that is, untrusted applications from these networks will not work. however, the network will be available for trusted and ICMP requests.

if there is a need to completely block traffic from these networks, try creating a rule in the firewall

Спойлер

image.thumb.png.807d55f8639c5018fae70f54372f5b67.png

don't forget to place the rule where you want it in the list, as they are processed from top to bottom, as in all firewalls. this should be enough to restrict any traffic from these networks. so you can just disable ICMP requests if that's what you need right now

• Like 1

On 2/7/2023 at 7:07 AM, ElvinE5 said:

Good day

as far as I can see you are creating a rule for applications. that is, untrusted applications from these networks will not work. however, the network will be available for trusted and ICMP requests.

if there is a need to completely block traffic from these networks, try creating a rule in the firewall

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.807d55f8639c5018fae70f54372f5b67.png

don't forget to place the rule where you want it in the list, as they are processed from top to bottom, as in all firewalls. this should be enough to restrict any traffic from these networks. so you can just disable ICMP requests if that's what you need right now

Thanks  ElvinE5 for your support , we implement as you mentioned but still no block as below

this time we added "172.20.0.6" which an internal app to test but still we are able to access the "GUI of 172.20.0.6" image.thumb.png.b0436b42d5052906e5a6c2aebabe1818.png

Edited by Awadh Alharbi