Black rectangle in Safe Money screenshot [Closed]

Go to solution Solved by Schulte,

Win 10 (64-bit) v 1903. Unable to take screenshot - screenshot only shows a black rectangle. Issue in both Chrome and Firefox browsers.
Hello arvipat, Welcome! Please tell us: KIS:
  1. Free or licensed?
  2. Version?
  3. Patch(x) x = letter?
----
  1. Did the issue just start or has always existed?
  2. If the issue just started has anything changed - software, hardware, network?
  3. If "yes", please tell us as much information as you can?
----
  1. Can you take a photo of the issue with another device & post for us so we can see what you see please?
----
  1. What is the system default browser?
----
  1. What browser is configured in KIS/Safe Money?
---- If you check KIS REPORTS, are there any events logged that give you any information about the issue? If "yes", please export the report and upload using the "upload icon" in your reply? ----
  1. Please collect a GSI & Windows logs, upload to cloud storage of your choice and post back the link please?
Thanks https://support.kaspersky.com/common/diagnostics/3632#block7

Hello arvipat, Thanks for posting back. (1) Please tell us, what "options? keys? x?" did you select to get that result, in other words, how are you "capturing" a screenshot please? (2) Issue has always existed, may I ask, how long have you had Kaspersky software installed please? (3) If you check KIS REPORTS, are there any events logged that give you any information about the issue? If "yes", please export the report and upload using the "upload icon" in your reply? ---- (4) Please collect a GSI & Windows logs, upload to cloud storage of your choice and post back the link please? Thanks GSI refernce: https://support.kaspersky.com/common/diagnostics/3632#block7

Thanks FLOOD.
  1. I press the Windows logo (Start) button + PrtScr buttons together to capture screenshots.
  2. Not sure how long the issue has existed, but i have noticed it past 2-3 months, the period i've been using the KIS Safe Money regularly. Before that i didn't use it. I have installed the latest KIS 2019 3-4 months back, though i've been using KIS past 4-5 years.
  3. No issues listed in KIS Reports.
  4. Where do i find the GSI & Windows logs?

Hello arvipat, Thanks for posting back and the extrab information. Before you download, GSI .zip or .exe, check & make sure you have Microsoft.NET Framework 2.0, if you do, download GSI zip or .exe 6.2. from https://support.kaspersky.com/common/diagnostics/3632#block7 *If Ms NET Framework 2.0 is not installed you'll need to use GSI 5.2, the links for that are further down the same page as GSI6.2.* Steps: +GSI6.2 downloaded
  1. Reboot.
  2. After you've signed back in make sure Kaspersky Software is active
  3. Start Safe Money
  4. Start GSI > a popup window will display, "License Agreement", read & accept
  5. Another window will display [ ] "Include Windows Event logs", tick so the Windows Logs are collected
  6. While the GSI is running go to Safe Money GoogleChrome & Firefox & replicate the "unable to take screenshot-black screen", as many times as you can, at least 5, wait for 10 minutes and replicate again.
  7. The GSI may run for some time, it may even "look" as if it's not doing anything, it is, it's just doesn't look like it
  8. Allow the GSI & Windows Logs to complete.
***It's best not to use the system while the GSI is running, apart from replicating the issue*** When complete the GSI will have created a GSI6x.zip folder, upload the folder to cloud storage of your choice an post back the link please? Thanks so much.

• Solution
In addition to richbuffs post: in the log we can see if the screenshot function is executed via the original windows function, or if another program like 'Greenshot', 'Snagit' or another tool has been added. Then an exception would have to be created for this program.

Steps seem a bit complicated. Should i follow the process sent by you nonetheless?
arvipat, Yes please, we do appreciate the images and the effort you've input thus far:pray_tone2: Sadly, in this world, may things are complicated, we help as best we can, you are our ?, the data (for every user) is the ?library?. The equation works like this: ?+?+? = :laughing:arvipat :laughing: