BG.WP.JS (not-a-virus:HEUR:AdWare.Script.ChromeExt.gen)

Go to solution Solved by Igor Kurzin,

My Kaspersky Internet Security is frequently finding and recommending the disinfection of BG.WP.JS (not-a-virus:HEUR:AdWare.Script.ChromeExt.gen). It finds it here: C:\Users\*********\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Edge\User Data\Default\Extensions\bgnodfikjoihkcjjnefbjkeclamhipak\15.64_0. I would like tpo know which specific extension it is that is constantly trying to redownload this and have it removed.Whether I'm working, gaming or an a call it pops up aneven if I disinfect without restart after awhile it force disinfects.

Windows Version.jpg

Hello @SFDAJM1

Welcome!

1. Go to: edge://extensions/ & check *all* of the extensions -> Details, this bgnodfikjoihkcjjnefbjkeclamhipak will display in the browser URL path similar to this image: 

image.thumb.jpeg.1ab18b16e37572d627df95e2d2202a57.jpeg

Also, a browser hijacker may have contaminated a previously good extension, Kaspersky is trying to protect you; reset the browser, select Reset Settings, select Restore settings to their default values. Exit the browser. Reboot the computer. Power on, login, make sure KIS is running, start Edge, check for the BG.WP.JS (not-a-virus:HEUR:AdWare.Script.ChromeExt.gen) alert? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
tried to correct formatting - impossible - ?
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...