Barclays Bank Transaction problems, with latest version of Kaspersky Total Security

HARRY-H

I am running windows 10, with the latest version of MS Edge.

Two days ago, I renewed my Total Security package and downloaded the the latest version for 5 devices.

All appears OK, until I go online banking, with Barclays. I can get logged in ok and get to my personal banking home page ok. but, when I try to do a transaction, I get returned to my personal banking home page. I have a laptop and another laptop on which I merely typed in the new key for my renewal but did not download the latest version of Total Security. I do not have any problems with my banking transactions on the two PCs, with the older version of Kaspersky software. It look like there is a new setting, somewhere, in the new version, hat I need to set. Please could you point me in the right direction.

Thank You and Best Wishes

Harry H  

When I select messages from the Barclays home page, the messages page opens and immediately closes back to the previous page. This happens so quickly that I cannot supply further information. Similarly, when I move to all translations from the initial screen, control is transferred to the next screen then immediately goes back to initial screen.

I’m running Security Cloud Free ver. 21,2,16.690 with Mozilla Firefox 84.0b3 (64-bit)

Thank you for reply, much appreciated. This answers the question.

The temporary solution, for me, is to use the other desktop PC or laptop, for my banking, until the bug is fixed.

If anyone has only one PC/Laptop, Is it possible for them to download or roll back to the previous version, until the bug is fixed.  

This morning, I logged into my Barclays on line account. As I did this, I was informed by Kaspersky, that they has added an extension to my MS Edge Browser and, invited to accept and enable, which I did.

Continuing on into the log on to my Banking account, I found that all transactions, now, work perfectly, on this PC.

Hopefully, everyone else, who had this problem, is now OK.

Thank you to everyone who responded to my request for help.    

• 2 weeks later...

@Alanch, you need to enable Kaspersky extension in browser, disable Antibanner OR add the URL of the site to SSL exclusions.

Have you tried these workarounds?

Yes - I tried these and they didn’t work, but disabling script injection does: I’ll use this and turn script injection back on afterwards.

I hope the bug fix comes soon.

I am new to Kaspersky &  having the same issue with trying to log into my Sam’s Club/synchrony account

to pay my bill & no matter what I try (even accessing via my online shopping account,

which is different than the credit card log in account) -- 

it gives me an Access Denied.  Called Sam’s & they said it’s not their issue.

NONE of my other online accounts have had any problems.
Any suggestions and/or is there a different spot to actually request tech support

from Kaspersky for this issue?
Thanks

I am new to Kaspersky &  having the same issue with trying to log into my Sam’s Club/synchrony account

to pay my bill & no matter what I try (even accessing via my online shopping account,

Any suggestions and/or is there a different spot to actually request tech support

Thanks

I’ve had a problem with the Barclays Bank site as described above. I got it working by doing the following:
    Open up Kaspersky and go to Settings - the little gear wheel.
    Click on Network Settings.
    Find the Traffic Processing section and untick the ‘Inject Script into web traffic’ check box.
    Then save your new setting.

Once you have checked if your problem web site is working, make sure you reverse this change by ticking the ‘Inject Script’ check box, until you next want to use the site.

Hopefully a bug fix will come along soon, although I’ve just installed a Kaspersky Total Security update and that didn’t include it.

Many thanks Alanch. Your workaround was successful and is safer than my exit Kaspersky in order to complete my Barclays processing.

Thanks to you too - my workaround worked as long as the Barclays site stayed on one tab. However, when it opened a new tab to read a pdf statement, most times it failed with security issues.

Turning off safe money allowed Barclays to open the new tab so I could view the statements.

For all who encountered the issue:

1. enable Kaspersky protecion in Normal browser and in Safe Money browser (make sure that is is enabled in both browsers).
  2. Add the following URL to SSL exclusions (Settings - Network settings - Manage exclusions): bank.barclays.co.uk Click Save - Save.
  3. Restart browser and retest the issue.

For all who encountered the issue:

1. enable Kaspersky protecion in Normal browser and in Safe Money browser (make sure that is is enabled in both browsers).
  2. Add the following URL to SSL exclusions (Settings - Network settings - Manage exclusions): bank.barclays.co.uk Click Save - Save.
  3. Restart browser and retest the issue.

Thanks - that works.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks

I’ve had a problem with the Barclays Bank site as described above. I got it working by doing the following:
    Open up Kaspersky and go to Settings - the little gear wheel.
    Click on Network Settings.
    Find the Traffic Processing section and untick the ‘Inject Script into web traffic’ check box.
    Then save your new setting.

Once you have checked if your problem web site is working, make sure you reverse this change by ticking the ‘Inject Script’ check box, until you next want to use the site.

Hopefully a bug fix will come along soon, although I’ve just installed a Kaspersky Total Security update and that didn’t include it.

Good Fix. Many Thanks.