Banking site → "Certificate verification problem detected"

I hope this is what you need?

Hello @Gary51

Thank you for posting back!

In Certificate manager, expand the columns - watch our video

Link

• Take a screen-print of the Certificate manager with the columns expanded , so all the Entrust certificate information can be seen & post back please? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

I hope this is what you asked for?

Hello @Gary51

Sadly no. 

It appears as tho the Certificate manager columns have not been expanded🤔

Did you watch the video? 

The column “drag” lines are vertical & very faint → position the cursor on the line & drag from right to left or left to right

Your image, we’ve circled the column drag lines & the pale red section should be full of information

Our image, columns expanded & the whole page is filled with detail

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

OK Try this

Hello @Gary51

Sadly no. 

The first two columns → Issued to & Issued by, are the most important - looking at your image - drag the grey bar, at the bottom, to the left → as far left as possible → so  Issued to & Issued by columns are expanded & visible

We’ve made a new video → please watch

Link

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Hello @Gary51

Brilliant, well done👏

While we’re waiting for @Wesly.Zhang, please do one more thing → on the Windows Taskbar or Windows hidden icons, right click the Kaspersky icon, select About → take a screen-print & post back please? 

Our image is for KTS, yours will be KIS

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Hello @Gary51

Absolutely correct, well done👏

Ok, installed on your system is version 21.2 → that’s old, the most up to date version is 21.3, so, let’s do the following & please read & follow all documentation carefully:

1. Uninstall KIS, during the uninstall you’ll see the following window, make sure you only tick Save License information → the same as the image, do not tick any other check boxes

2. When the uninstall is complete, shutdown the computer using Shutdown, not Restart, power ON, login. 
  3. Download new KIS installer
  4. Install KIS
  5. When the install is complete, shutdown the computer using Shutdown, not Restart, power ON, login. 
  6. Run a manual Database update. 
  7. Check the KIS version & patch → on the Windows Taskbar or Windows hidden icons, right click the Kaspersky icon, select About → the version should be 21.3.10.391 & the patch will be either (d) or (e )
  8. Go to your bank & see if the certificate issue persists? 

Let us know the outcome please? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

I thank you so much for your help and patience. I’m going to attempt what you have outlined but I’m not sure about my capabilities.  I’ll give it a try though.

Hello @Gary51

You’re most welcome☺ !

We’re absolutely confident you’ll be fine, take your time, if you get stuck →  post back and let us know whatever is causing a problem, we’ll help! 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Well I was able to remove KIS and reload it . The good news is I was able to log into my bank page but the certificate issue is still there. I’ll attach a couple screens. Thank you again for all your time and help!

1. I was able to remove KIS and reload it .
  2. The good news is I was able to log into my bank page but the certificate issue is still there. 

Hello @Gary51

You’re most welcome☺

1. Well done👌
  2. We are a little confused, if the certificate issue persists, how were you able to log into your bank page? 
  3. Are you logging in from a bookmark or favourite or from the Kaspersky, Safe Money module? 

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Sorry. I’m a little tech challenged. I tried again.

Hello,

Could you exit KIS and open the website. If everything is ok without any problem occur. Please take a screenshot on the website certification again.  We need check original certification chain. Does it like this?

Regards.

Hello. Not sure I did it right. Doesn’t look like yours?

Hello,

Do you exit KIS first?As I think, if you exit KIS, the “Kaspersky fake certificate” doesn't exist in certificates chain.

Exit KIS first (right-click the Kl icon in system tray and select Exit, Yes) and close all browser tab and close itself. then re-start browser, and visit website and try again, Any change in this time?

And how about this certification.

Regards.

Well here is what I got. Not sure I’m being very helpful? 

Hi @Gary51 

There has a interesting thing has been found. It is too strange. The website has two digital certificates, Entrust.net for me, Digital Reflection CA for you. @Berny@Flood and Flood's wife Could you help to confirm what's the situation from your side.

@Gary51 ,Could you help to export this Digital Reflection CA certification and zip it and attach it here?

How to export certification?

In certmgr.msc, you should search Digital Reflection CA item in all certificates store. Select it and right-click it → All task→ Export...→ Next→ choose a path and file name to save it.

Regards.

Good morning. Just to clarify. I get this on any website I visit while in Safe Money mode:  

Certificate verification problem detected

Certificate chain is broken (error: 0x00000003)

Hello @Gary51

Thank you for updating us👌

Have you also logged a case with Kaspersky Technical Support, if “no”, please do so: fill in the Application MalfunctionOther template; Support may request Traces, Logs & other data → they will guide you: 

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in their MyKaspersky account.

Please share the outcome with the Community when it’s available? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Good morning. Just to clarify. I get this on any website I visit while in Safe Money mode:  

Certificate verification problem detected

Certificate chain is broken (error: 0x00000003)

Hello,

Could you find “ Digital Reflection CA” certificates in certificates manager? Try to export to backup it and delete this certificates. Any better?

As I think, The existence of a program on your computer that uses an intermediate certificate (Digital Reflection CA) to intercept encrypted network traffic and decrypt it causes Kaspersky to verify the certificate chain and find that the certificate chain is broken, just like KIS do. So you’d better to check VPN or any anti-banner or any network filter type software or browser addone.

So the easiest way to interrupt the certificate chain is to delete the certificate and let it return to the normal certificate chain.

Regards.