Attachments: picture files, *.jpg, *.png, rejected.

Version: Kaspersky Plus. When I renewed my Kaspersky Internet Security last week I learned it had been replaced by Kaspersky Plus. Since installing Kaspersky Plus I am unable to send any picture files attached to my emails. There is no problem sending *.pdf or *.doc files but *.jpg, *gif and *.png files are rejected due to "suspected spam".

I've tried different platforms and different email accounts. My email provider, Hughes, tells me it must be my particular files, however it is doubtful that my entire collection of family pictures are somehow now spam. I have had Kaspersky scan my entire hard drive and it comes up clean, no issues. 

I have disabled the email protection on Kaspersky to no affect. Picture files are still rejected.

I have tried two different email accounts; Mozilla Thunderbird and Protonmail. Both accounts will not send the picture file attachments, but as mentioned will send other file attachments.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Richard

Hello,

we have only one feature in the product, which can influence on attachments in Outgoing mail - it is Attachment filter, which you can set in Mail Anti-Virus settings. 

We faced to cases, where this option has not worked properly after product`s upgrade. So you can try to re-install the product and check the problem.

If the problem persists even when Kaspersky Plus is not loaded or uninstalled(you can check this while re-installation), then Kaspersky is not the culprit. 

Thank you. 

• Like 3