ASUS's program cannot load when KIS latest database update

Go to solution Solved by Igor Kurzin,

I think I found a temporary solution. I uninstalled kaspersky and re-installed it, but I stopped the automatic database updates. There is still some risk but at at least I think I'm partially protected at least until kaspersky fix this critical bug.

• Thanks 1

Just to let you know that there is the exact same problem with Kasperky Antivirus Free.

Since Saturday 25 (= wednesday database + restart of my computer), Asus AI Suite 3 is unable to load. Each time, I have 2 errors (see screenshot).

I tried to find many solutions before finding here on Kaspersky forums that it was because of my Kaspersky Antivirus.
I opened another topic in "Kasperky Free" section.

Error AI Suite 3.jpg

1 hour ago, guygo141 said:
Is the fault that - armoury crate does not recognize the motherboard or other components is in Kaspersky? And is it possible to do anything about it until an update comes out?

Kaspersky blocks ASUS services, like ASUS Com Service or Lighting Service, so, it's impossible the normal work of ASUS stuff.

Affected programs:

- Armoury Crate ( all versions)

- Asus AI Suite ( all versions)

- Aura Sync Utility ( all versions )

- Other ASUS utilites using ASUS Com Service

temp solution: Remove Kaspersky to have ASUS stuff working again or wait for a fix.

• Thanks 1

On 6/26/2022 at 6:42 PM, Mikhail Shakhov said:

Hello to all,

Our testers have reproduced the issue on test PCs and collected needed logs. Now they are analyzing by developers in frames of the Bug 5759053: SUPPORT: Problem with ASUS SUITE

We will keep you informed.

Thank you. 

Hi @Mikhail Shakhov Do we have any updates on the same as this is a critical issue I have my RGB On at all times due to not being able to control them 

43 минуты назад, Angra Expert сказал:

It 's the first problem I have with Kaspersky , I have been using it for over 5 years , I renew my subscription every year ... Let 's see if they solve this fast , whenever I needed help their support quickly resolved it .

I hope so. I use Kaspersky over 12 years, no any issues before, but KAV really saves my files during virus or trojan inquire. 
Now I use Kasperski Total Security.

I have ASUS PRIME TRX40 PRO and ASUS PRIME X570 PRO motherboards with all software installed. Aura and Ai suite stopped on both, Armory Crate still runs but malfunctioned.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, optdesign said:

I hope so. I use Kaspersky over 12 years, no any issues before, but KAV really saves my files during virus or trojan inquire. 
Now I use Kasperski Total Security.

I have ASUS PRIME TRX40 PRO and ASUS PRIME X570 PRO motherboards with all software installed. Aura and Ai suite stopped on both, Armory Crate still runs but malfunctioned.

I use a Z490M Plus , here the same thing , Internet Security 2022 , Armory Crate works normally but the All suit does not start and I can not even uninstall ... It started to give an error after the last version update that even asked to restart the computer , at first I even thought it might be a Windows 11 bug, I took it and even formatted it for Windows 10 lol , because I never had any problems using Kaspersky

Edited by Angra Expert

6 hours ago, Danila T. said:

Good afternoon,

The problem has been reproduced and a fix is being issued as soon as possible.

We apologise for the inconvenience.

Hi Danila,

Can you let us know when the bug has been fixed so we can proceed installing total security again,

Thanks

• Like 1

I have the same problem. I tried everything I can do I spent around 5 hours trying to fix it I read so more than 20 forums and nothing helps. If it's Kaspersky's fault pls fix it ass soon as possible.
thx

19 hours ago, Danila T. said:

Hello!

Yes, we'll be sure to let you know.

Dear Danilla T.,

Kaspersky, which stops Asus programs and services running in the background. When will this problem be fixed? My computer is unprotected and I'm afraid of using it. Please fix this problem as soon as possible. Please provide detailed information about the progress of the problem. We are victims. I am looking forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.

• Like 2

The first post in this forum topic was on June 22nd, today June 29th, no solution from support yet. 

I format my PC 4 times until finally notice that total security was the issue, after uninstalling it asus services started to work.

However my PC has been without protection all these days, and unfortunately I paid 5 years in advance the total security so I have to wait their solution. Im sure that once my license expires I will find another antivirus solution, really disapointed, not for the issue but for the lack of interst from support.

Unfortunately the same problem occur to me and a glorious "triple format" procedure took place after reading every single related post I could find on internet and in the meantime I was trying to face the problem without any success. Τhe third time got me really frustrated and thus took me quite a bit (all day long) because I was installing Windows Updates and Utilities one by one and after each single installation, I was opening and testing Asus Armoury Crate just to make sure it was functioning as it should while making a restore point as well! Eventually, I found out (the hard way) that the culprit was my beloved Kaspersky Total Security and believe me or not I was extremely relieved at the time (not a mobo problem) but then again I got my self without Cyber Protection. I am using Kapsersky Security Products almost two decades and I have faith in them, dealing the problem ASAP, until then I am exposed so please don't you dare let me down!

Edited by Kwnstantinos
  • Like 1

I have the same problem with ASUS AI Suite 3. I uninstalled Kaspersky Internet Security and tried uninstalling/reinstalling AI Suite 3, but to no avail, since now "ASUS Com Service" (atkexComSvc.exe) keeps crashing when I try reinstalling AI Suite 3, even without KIS installed.

39 minutes ago, Helder said:

I have the same problem with ASUS AI Suite 3. I uninstalled Kaspersky Internet Security and tried uninstalling/reinstalling AI Suite 3, but to no avail, since now "ASUS Com Service" (atkexComSvc.exe) keeps crashing when I try reinstalling AI Suite 3, even without KIS installed.

It seems KIS was not completely uninstalled. How do you uninstalled KIS?  To be sure use Kaspersky Removal Tool.

Also Try to remove AI Suite with Revo Uninstaller to ensure a clean install.

If any ASUS services stay after uninstall they should be stopped in Adminstrative Tools - Services, and removed with the command "SC Delete <service name>" from admin Command Prompt.

Hope this helps.

Même problème pour moi.

A cause de ce disfonctionnement j'ai complètement réinstallé mon ordinateur avec Win 11 et toute les dernières mises à jour au 29/06/2022. AI suite 3 et Armoury crate fonctionnaient parfaitement jusqu'à ce que j'installe Kaspersky et les dernières mises à jour. A partir de ce moment Ai suite 3 à cessée de fonctionner je n'est pas encore essayé de désinstaller Kasper mais il s'agit d'un problème majeur qui entraine la surchauffe du PC en jeu. 

impossible de réparer AI suite Impossible de le réinstaller l'application apparait dans la liste mais ne peut être lancée.

Capture d’écran 2022-06-29 2 bug AI SUITE 3.png