AS far as I see Kaspersky browser extension 2021 doesn't work with Kaspersky Cloud free?

lorcav123
Go to solution Solved by Schulte,

Am I right?

I tested in firefox on this test:

https://www.amtso.org/security-features-check/

phishing pages and 2020 extension block it while 2021 doesn’t…

Also do I need to set some special setting after Cloud free installation?

update

I try again test and now both of them doesn’t work 😥 test was done without cloud free - it was paused. Maybe cloud free is responsible for first test success...hmm

For extension 2020 version I got this picture in browser:

https://i.ibb.co/X4Hn9mj/2020.png

for 2021 this one:

https://i.ibb.co/Fn2qxZD/2021.png

Hello @lorcav123 , Welcome.

As you have noticed, the browser extension does not block itself. It is only for the communication between Cloud free and the browser.
The real work is done by Cloud free, by monitoring the data stream to the browser.

Ok.

So what extension do I use with Cloud free, 2020 or 2021 versions?

Is kaspersky compatible with Vivaldi?

Will you in future support Brave browser? I read that it not supported.

Hi @lorcav123,

the list of browsers the extension works with is very short:
    Chromium-based Microsoft Edge 77.x - 83.x;
    Mozilla Firefox versions 52.x - 77.x
    Mozilla Firefox ESR 52.x, 60.x, 68.x;
    Google Chrome 48.x - 83.x

Which extension you should use depends on the installed Kaspersky product.
If you have installed Cloud free 21, you should also use the extension of 21.

If and when additional browsers are supported, only the support can tell you.
Vivaldi and Brave are currently not supported.

Hello @lorcav123

1. For Kaspersky Security Cloud free, the Kaspersky protection extension provides On-screen keyboard only. 
  2. If Kaspersky Cloud Free version 2020 is installed, Kaspersky protection extension v2020 should be used, if Kaspersky Cloud Free version 2021 is installed, Kaspersky protection extension v2021 should be used.  
  3. Vivaldi is not supported.
  4. Brave is not supported, Kaspersky have given no indication if they will support Brave.
  5. Unlike the original Kaspersky Free, there is no separate documentation for Kaspersky Security Cloud Free.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Thanks you for fast answers :)

So in other words if I use Cloud free and don’t need On-screen keyboard, Kaspersky browser extension is not useful to me, no other benefits.

Where can i see Cloud free version - is it 2020 or 2021? I looked but I only find title Cloud free..

One more thing, seems to me that Firefox is most supported browser, not by browser extension, also by webantivirus.

On page I linked above there is a phishing test:

https://www.amtso.org/security-features-check/

When I enter it on firefox I receive warning:

“The requested URL cannot be provided

https://www.amtso.org/check-desktop-phis<...>

Blocked by Web Anti-Virus

Reason: threat of data loss

Detection method: databases”

On Vivaldi and Brave there is no such warning, page open and I got this messsage:

“If you can read this page, it indicates either:

• Your Anti-Malware solution is NOT (yet) supporting this Feature Settings Check

or

• Your Anti-Malware solution’s Anti-Phishing feature is NOT enabled or misconfigured. ”

So your web antivirus doesn’t support fully other browser and I must find some web extension like malwarebytes that block phishing attack?

1. I use Cloud free and don’t need On-screen keyboard, Kaspersky browser extension is not useful to me, no other benefits.
  2. Where can i see Cloud free version - is it 2020 or 2021?
  3. Kaspersky Security Cloud web antivirus doesn’t support other browsers & I must find some web extension like Malwarebytes that block phishing attack?

Hello @lorcav123

You’re most welcome☺ !

1. Correct
  2.  On the Windows Taskbar, right click the Kaspersky icon, select About, the popup window will show the version & patch(x)  or on the Windows Taskbar, hover the mouse🐀 over the Kaspersky icon, a tiny popup window will show the version & patch(x) or open the Kaspersky Security Cloud application, select headset🎧 Support window opens, the 4th line shows the application version & patch(x)    → x = letter
  3. Kaspersky Security Cloud does not support Vivaldi & or Brave, Kaspersky makes no recommendations for products it does not support:
  • Firefox
  • Vivaldi

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Thanks. My version is 21.1.15.500© so that sould mean 2021.

1. I use Cloud free and don’t need On-screen keyboard, Kaspersky browser extension is not useful to me, no other benefits.
  2. Where can i see Cloud free version - is it 2020 or 2021?
  3. Kaspersky Security Cloud web antivirus doesn’t support other browsers & I must find some web extension like Malwarebytes that block phishing attack?

Hello @lorcav123

You’re most welcome☺ !

1. Correct

About this, I have one more question, it should be the last one😅

On reddit I have some security discussion and one guy who saw this topic told me that I didn’t understand you, that Kaspersky browser extension offer also phishing protection, not only (as I understood) On screen keyboard.

He told me this:

“If using Security Cloud Free

Kaspersky Browser Extension 2020 = Phishing & malware protection + on-screen keyboard (only)

If using Security Cloud Premium

Kaspersky Browser Extension 2020 = Phishing & malware protection + on-screen keyboard + Anti-banner + Private Browsing

That’s what Kaspersky meant by ‘only’. The browser extension communicates with Security Cloud Free and provides additional protection beyond Web Antivirus. It’s ‘not’ simply there for the on-screen keyboard.”

So is he correct?

Also for Brave and Vivaldi I just wanted to say regarding this test I posted, that download window appers and when I click save Kaspersky block it (Virus warning), so means it working 😉@Igor Kurzin’ is right.

Hello @lorcav123,

1. System Watcher
  2. Automatic Exploit Prevention
  3. Anti-Blocker

When you use the Free package, Private Browsing, Safe Money, Webcam Protection, and Software Updater components operate in evaluation mode and can detect corresponding events, for example tracking your online activity or using your webcam. While in evaluation mode, these components show you notifications with results of their operation (no more than once a week). If you're interested in using Private Browsing, Safe Money, Webcam Protection, or Software Updater, you can switch to the Personal or Family package, where those components are available in the full-feature mode.

The Account Check component in the Free package works in My Kaspersky account manual check mode. Automatic checks of this and other accounts are available only in Personal and Family packages.

• Post the link or URL to the Reddit article please?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Anti-Banner protection during website browsing

About Private Browsing

Hello @lorcav123,

1. System Watcher
  2. Automatic Exploit Prevention
  3. Anti-Blocker

When you use the Free package, Private Browsing, Safe Money, Webcam Protection, and Software Updater components operate in evaluation mode and can detect corresponding events, for example tracking your online activity or using your webcam. While in evaluation mode, these components show you notifications with results of their operation (no more than once a week). If you're interested in using Private Browsing, Safe Money, Webcam Protection, or Software Updater, you can switch to the Personal or Family package, where those components are available in the full-feature mode.

The Account Check component in the Free package works in My Kaspersky account manual check mode. Automatic checks of this and other accounts are available only in Personal and Family packages.

• Post the link or URL to the Reddit article please?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Anti-Banner protection during website browsing

About Private Browsing

I am primarly interested in extension function of phishing and malware protection.

Here is the link to reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/antivirus/comments/jdco38/looking_for_some_security_extension_for_brave/

If I wrote something wrong tell me and I will correct...

• Solution

Hello @lorcav123,

as I already wrote in Post #2, the extension itself has no protection function.
Kaspersky Cloud does all the work even without the extension installed.

If the browser is supported, the extension is only there to establish communication between browser and AV. So with the help of the extension the blocking of a link is shown directly in the browser, without the extension you only see a short Windows message.

In short: whether with or without extension - the protection remains the same.
If Kaspersky Cloud is not installed or disabled, the extension is of no use.