Are "Processing Error" files something to worry about?

I notice that I get "Processing Error" on some files that Kaspersky SC scans. Most, if not all, are related to Microsoft Edge updates. One more curious one is just dalled data0000.res. It's object path is "C:\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft-windows-e..firsttimeinstaller_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.19041.681_none_31051459c61ca882\MicrosoftEdgeStandaloneInstaller.exe//GUT//MicrosoftEdge_X64_85.0.564.67.exe.{0D50BFEC-CD6A-4F9A-964C-C7416E3ACB10}//".

Is this something to worry about? Normally I'd just delete files that have "Processing Error" in them myself, but seeing that this file is from WinSxS, I thought I'd ask here before deleting anything.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/5/2022 at 4:49 AM, Wesly.Zhang said:

Hello, @BigHotStud

You don't worried about this error at all. This file is safe without any problem. It seem scan engine doesn't handle to process unpack the file correctly.

If you are convenience, you can sent the file to KL for analyses the fault reason for processing this file.

Regards.

Hey, it's been a few weeks and it seems like this file still can't properly unpack it. Is it safe to delete manually?

Hi,

You don't need to do anything. You can't delete this file(MicrosoftEdge installer file). Because this file is in the system application repository, which is protected by the system.In order to avoid unexpected problems with the system in the future, please do not do anything to avoid causing problems.