Application rules on Kaspersky Standard & Plus

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Hi, If I want to go (upgrade) from Kaspersky Standard to Plus on my device, is there a way to export application rules form Standard & then import it later to Kaspersky Plus? Or at least via Manage Settings? (Exported Kaspersky Standard settings can be imported to Kaspersky Plus?) 

Thanks

• Solution
17 minutes ago, Kasperov said:

Hi, If I want to go (upgrade) from Kaspersky Standard to Plus on my device, is there a way to export application rules form Standard & then import it later to Kaspersky Plus? Or at least via Manage Settings? (Exported Kaspersky Standard settings can be imported to Kaspersky Plus?) 

Hello @Kasperov

Welcome back!

Read & follow: How to apply the application settings on another computer, How to export settings, How to import settings.

*Also* (you) can test the Export  / Import prcedure before running the upgrade: 

1. Export the current config. 
  2. Change an existing Application rule / setting . 
  3. Import the Original config. 
  4. Check the changed Application rule has reverted to it's original state? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
added verification.
  • Like 1

Thank you! So this configuration file is understandable to all Kaspersky apps. I little confused about second part when you added: "*Also* (you) can test the...". I mean on same Kaspersky app, it supposed to work without any problem? Right?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Kasperov said:
  • So this configuration file is understandable to all Kaspersky apps.
  • I little confused about second part when you added: "*Also* (you) can test the...". I mean on same Kaspersky app, it supposed to work without any problem? Right?

Hello @Kasperov

Thank you for posting back & the extra questions!

1. *Interchangeable* -> for each *version* -> yes. 

Please read & *compare* Comparison of subscription plans to understand the *core* features that exist across *all* three products: Standard, Plus & Premium. 

2. On the *same* Kaspersky app, on the *same* machine -> the test is *benign*, you're: 

(a) exporting & saving the original configuration. 

(b) Making a change to the existing configuration - for example - change the *Update* schedule from Automatic to Weekly, save the changed configuration. 

(c) Check the app & make sure the change is functioning? 

(d) *Import* the *original* configuration -> the *Update* schedule should have reverted to Automatic. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
Spelling

20 minutes ago, Kasperov said:

@Flood and Flood's wife Thanks, Version means (standard, plus,..)  OR  (21,22,23,..)?

So is it possible to export/import from standard to plus or not? (Sorry making sure)

Hello @Kasperov

Thank you for posting back & the extra questions! It's good to be sure! Don't worry! 

When Kaspersky refers to a version - they're generally referring to 21.6 or 21.3, etc...

21.6 = Kaspersky Standard, Plus, Premium. 

21.3 = Kaspersky Total Security, Kaspersky Anti-Virus, Kaspersky Internet Security. 

Yes, it's possible, *but* the export of Kaspersky Standard will export the configuration for the *existing* product, when imported to Kaspersky Plus there will not be *magically* a configuration of Kaspersky Plus that does exist in Kaspersky Standard.

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

• Thanks 1