Application not activated / subscription problem after reinstall

MrB

Hi

For some reason my prev version of KSC got converted into Kaspersky Free, but once I figured out which exact incantation of Kaspersky I originally was running, I decided to reinstall KSC for the assumed extra functionality over KF (though TBH I still can't find a product feature comparison matrix featuring both these products).

However after running the app it returns "Application not activated". My Kaspersky's Devices pages lists my PC as a device with "Subscription problem" but gives no option other than to buy a license or add an activation code. The same goes for any KB articles, which don't seem to recognise the Free version. I'm wary of disconnecting the device in case it makes things worse! I also tried resetting the IE network settings but with no diff.

How can I reactivate my app with the free licence?

25 minutes ago, MrB said:

For some reason my prev version of KSC got converted into Kaspersky Free, but once I figured out which exact incantation of Kaspersky I originally was running, I decided to reinstall KSC for the assumed extra functionality over KF. 

1. I still can't find a product feature comparison matrix featuring both these products. 

Hello @MrB

Welcome back!

We happy to read you've got things sorted, well done?

1. We've included the Kaspersky Security Cloud package comparison, this covers Kaspersky Security Cloud Free, Personal & Family
  2. In your original topic, we provided the link to the KAV Free library, as that was the software you advised you'd installed. 

Thank you?

Flood?+?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MrB said:

Tx for the reply. Is there a Kaspersky Free vs KSC vs KTS vs etc. feature table? All I can find is https://support.kaspersky.com/common/buy/15494

Hello @MrB

You're most welcome!

Thank you for posting back!

Sadly no, the Features of Kaspersky applications for home compared is currently the source to access available information & unfortunately, since Kaspersky released their new range it's now not really "current" either; a comparison table of all products, would be brilliant, but, it's never materialised. 

KAV Free pre-dates KSC Free, KTS was Kaspersky's gold standard home AV for a very long time before KSC was developed; recently Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium have been rolled out; apparently there will be a Free product in that range at some time, but, the timeframe is unknown. 

There's also KIS (Kaspersky Internet Security), which people use on Windows & which is the AV software installed for Android & MAC, if the subscriber users their KTS license, for those devices... 

Thank you?

Flood?+?

• 3 months later...
18 minutes ago, victormtey said:
  1. I am experiencing the same issue unfortunately a reboot wouldn't do the trick on my part. Anyone with any other ideas please?

Hello @victormtey,

Welcome!

1. Has the installed Kaspersky software been synchronized with (your) MyKaspersky account? 
  2. Which software is installed, Kaspersky Security Cloud Personal, Premium or Free or Kaspersky Free?
  3. Which version, on the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About
  4. Since installing the software, has the computer been shut down/rebooted? 
  5. Post an image of the error please? 

Please post back? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

How to install the application

Why My Kaspersky is needed

Activating the application

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
Added resources & question