Application Guard and Kaspersky

Trustdesa
Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Hi All, I have recently turned on the Application Guard to shield my Microsoft Edge session when browsing as I got a bitminer virus a while ago despite having Kaspersky which also deleted the whole of the antivirus files!!! (that's how I noticed I had an issue). Back on topic, does this affect the ability of Kaspersky to identify potential threats? Thank you very much!

• Solution
I have recently turned on the Application Guard to shield my Microsoft Edge session when browsing as I got a bitminer virus a while ago despite having Kaspersky which also deleted the whole of the antivirus files!!! (that's how I noticed I had an issue). Back on topic, does this affect the ability of Kaspersky to identify potential threats?
Hello Trustdesa, Welcome! As we don't know your operating system information, nor KIS version please read this: Limitations in Kaspersky Internet Security with Device Guard enabled in Windows 10, note, the relevant chapter saysKIS 2018, however, that's a documentation error, Kaspersky are in the process of amending.
  1. Also, please clarify: "Kaspersky deleted the whole of the antivirus files!" ? Which files please?
Thank you:pray_tone3: