App Background Play

deccr

Hi there,

I've set everything up and all is working except one thing.

When my child wants to listen to music or an audiobook he wants to lock the screen, but when he does this KSK stops background play.

Is there any way to allow background play of apps?

Thanks!

9 minutes ago, deccr said:

I've set everything up and all is working except one thing.

When my child wants to listen to music or an audiobook, he wants to lock the screen, but when he does this KSK stops background play.

Is there any way to allow background play of apps?

Hello @deccr

Welcome!

1. Which device OS name & version: Windows, MAC, Android, iOS, refer: How to find the OS version?
  2. How is the screen being locked, IF it's with KSK, which KSK function is used - provide details please? 
  3. Has the music app that (your) son uses to listen to music & audiobooks been granted Allow permission to be used, even when the Device Use time has expired

Please post back? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Hi Flood,

Thanks for the quick response. 

The phone is a Samsung Galaxy s10+ and is running Android 11. 

The screen is being locked by pressing the phone's physical lock/on-off button on the right hand side of the device. The "Available on blocked device" checkbox is ticked for the apps in question, and they show as apps on the KSK overlay, and open fine. But when the screen is locked, the playback is stopped.

Is this usual behaviour of KSK?

Thanks

Hello @deccr

You're most welcome!

Thank you for the information!

We tested with: Android 11, KSK 1.89.0.15, Google Play Books & Audiobooks & VLC for Android & cannot replicate the issue, the audio continues to play, when the screen is locked. 

1. Please let us know which Audio software is not working - we'll test that? 
  2. IF KSK is the root-cause, each time KSK blocks the Audioplayer, an event should be logged in the KSK Reports, please check the Reports for these events, are there any? 
  3. IF KSK is *uninstalled*, does the audio playback work with the Android screen locked? 

Please post back? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
removed white space || added additional Q.