Annoying popup Security Cloud Free, "upgrade package" [moved]

ApLab

Recently I’ve noticed this annoying pop-up from Kaspersky Security Cloud Free:

Theres no way to exit, you have to click one of the buttons and go through a process to exit it.
This is not at all user friendly, I’d argue this advertising tactic is even worse than recieving multiple popups from Avast a week, which is the sole reason I left Avast.

But yikes, popups with no exit button?

Hello @ApLab,

Welcome!

Thank you for your measured remarks and the image👌

• Unfortunately, it’s not the first time this issue has been raised. 
  • Equally unfortunately, having the free Kaspersky software means no access to Technical Support, however, hopefully, the Kaspersky Technical expert team will attend to your topic; they may request Traces & or system data, if so, please provide, it will help them resolve this repetitive soft advertising issue.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hi @ApLab

Could you provide additional information so that we could further investigate this issue? 
We will need traces, here is how to enable: https://support.kaspersky.com/us/15538#block1

• enable traces
  • restart PC
  • wait till the popup appears
  • disable trace

Plus we will need the contents of C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP20.1\Data\ipm\custom

Submit a ticket to technical support via my.kaspersky.com and include the collected data. 
Please mention in the ticket, that you were asked to provide this information and include the link to this community thread. 

Thank you. 

• 1 month later...

Its the very reason you get antivirus programs to block popups, the fact this program uses to those tactics to force itself worries me. And the response is to act like they are not aware of this. I have the paid version at home but this now worries me a little about both products.

Hello @sudo,

Welcome!

Please tell us: 

1. Is the popup (in the image you’ve provided) from Kaspersky Security Cloud Free, Personal or Family subscription? 
  2. Kaspersky Security Cloud version & patch - on the Windows Taskbar, right click the Kaspersky icon, select About, the popup window will show the version & patch(x)  or on the Windows Taskbar, hover the mouse🐀 over the Kaspersky icon, a tiny popup window will show the version & patch(x) or open the Kaspersky Security Cloud application, select headset🎧 Support window opens, the 4th line shows the application version & patch(x)    → x = letter

➡ IF the software is licensed, please follow the instructions issued above by @Igor Kurzin & please post the Incident request number here in this topic? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Hello @sudo

Thank you for replying & confirming Kaspersky Security Cloud Free software is installed👌

• Regarding “the very reason you get antivirus programs to block popups”, accurate for paid software, not accurate for free software, industry standard. 
  • Re “the fact this program uses to those tactics to force itself worries me”, you’ve installed Kaspersky Kaspersky Security Cloud Free, the “popup” is standard, as per design.
  • Kaspersky is very open that their free software may have advertising, this is standard amongst all providers of free software; if Kaspersky were to make Kaspersky Security Cloud Free the same as Kaspersky Security Cloud Personal or Family, no-one would bother buying either, everyone would use the free software & Kaspersky would be kaput. 

Just for clarification, based on the fact the free software will have popups, if the popup you provided had a Decline option, would that be an improvement? 

Additionally, confirm you’ve unchecked:

1. Receive informational messages and advertisements from Kaspersky
  2. Show information about special offers
  3. Receive special offers for social network users
  4. Receive informational messages and advertisements after the current license expires

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋