Android multi users support

ZK_

Hi,

A tablet device, Lenovo J606F running the most updated android for this device.

Setting multi users android feature, using PIN access.

Tried to set safe kids, but failed.

The install passed ok, but,

After the first child login it is impossible to login again and change to a different user account.

There are two possible mitigations, but both work for a limited time (~ 1 mins):

1. press the multi users icon -> Kaspersky take over and asks for parent PWD -> it is possible to login and change user

2. disable the admin rights for Kaspersky safe kids.

Even application disabling doesn't work well, same problems.

The only way to enable multi users accounts is to uninstall Kaspersky safe kids from the child user account.

Looking forward to your resolution,

Thanks,

ZK

• Thanks 2

Hello @ZK_

Welcome!

On Android devices, using KSK, it's only possible to have one child account per device. 

That's how KSK is designed to work. 

The advise from the Kaspersky experts is: "It is made like this so that a child doesn't try to bypass Safe Kids restrictions by changing profiles."

Kaspersky Safe Kids for Android - Get started on Android

Thank you?

Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
  • Sad 2

Thank you for the quick response,

Changing profile protection is via android user account login options (e.g., pattern, PIN and face). Similar to Win10/Win11 login.

With that, I found the expert claim debatable, and it will be a great help having KSK support multiple user profile on a single device.

Looking forward for resolution,

ZK

• Like 1

Hello @ZK_

You're most welcome!

Thank you for posting back!

The resolution has been provided, as per our original reply, we raised the issue: Thu 04-June-2020 16:53, the KSK Moscow, HQ experts response was as follows: 

"KSK for Android app is restricted to 1 child per device only. It is made like this so that a child doesn't try to bypass Safe Kids restrictions by changing profiles."

• You're more than welcome to contact Kaspersky Support to discuss the issue with the experts; select either Chat or Email & then select either Feedback, I have a suggestion, or, Feedback, I have a complaint, provide as much information as possible to support your position. 

Please share the outcome with the Community when it's available? 

Thank you?

Flood?+?

2022-04-23_061519.jpg

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello,

Same request here with a multi-user android Galaxy Tab S6 lite. A bit disappointed to note this limitation, since I recently switched to Kaspersky mainly because of the Safe kids feature.

I dare to believe that we are not the only family using a shared tablet…

And the answer provided doesn’t seem to make sense. It shouldn’t be very much easier for a kid to access his psw protected parents profile on a tablet than it is on a Windows PC.

Hoping for a real resolution soon.

Thank you 

Edited by Chryspaq

1 hour ago, Chryspaq said:

Hoping for a real resolution soon.

Hello @Chryspaq

Welcome!

1. You may wish to log a request, on the support page, fill in an Email or Chat, then select Feedback, I have a Suggestion, or Feedback, I have a Complaint template - provide a detailed history & explanation/reasons for the request. Support may communicate with you & discuss the proposal. 
  2. All requests go thru the relevant team/s, not all requests are successful & even successful requests may take a long time to be implemented. 

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?