Android KIS has started nagging me to use Kaspersky Password Manager - how do i stop it?

DavidGB

I’ve had a personal subscription to Kaspersky Security Cloud since April 2020 and have been using it with a Windows 10 laptop and an Android phone. Everything has been pretty much fine until suddenly, in the last couple of weeks, the Android Kaspersky Internet Security component has started nagging me every day to install and use the Kaspersky password manager.

Every day now the Android KIS pops up a notification of an issue, and shows the yellow warning screen. It shows the ‘issue’ that I should install and use the password manager. I close it, so it hides with the 3 other issues I’ve dismissed and the app goes green. But whereas the other 3 issues I chose to dismiss stay that way, and this issue used to stay dismissed, it now unhides itself to come again the next day every day. It is becoming really irritating. I already have and will continue to use other password management systems and will NOT be installing the Kaspersky password manager.

Why did this one issue suddenly stop staying dismissed, and how do I get it to stay dismissed as before?

Phone is Android 8.0 - same throughout - and the KIS on the phone is 11.79.4.6841

• 3 weeks later...

Hello @DavidGB

Welcome back!

Apologies for the delay responding, we’ve been testing for several days & are unable to replicate the issue, if you’ve done a clean install of KIS & the issue persists, please log a case with Kaspersky consumer support, either via Chat or Email, select Application malfunction, Other template. Support may request logs, traces & other data, they will guide you. Also, it may help them if you provide images & or a video of the issue.

• If selecting Chat option, we recommend you request a copy of the chat transcript, make sure you fill in your email address AFTER the chat is activated by the Chat agent & complete the Verify your email address email AFTER the chat completes.
  • When it’s available, please share the outcome with the Community? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

After no reply here I did contact customer support, who requested some screen shots. After I provided them I was told the issue had been escalated to the developers. Rather mysteriously the problem, which had been happening every day for a month, disappeared a couple of days later even though there was no app update. Anyway, for now the problem is resolved.