Android, Advantage of Security Cloud over Total Security

BrianE

Having just put a trial version of Security Cloud on my PC and Android mobile, I'm confused as to what benefits if any, this new software has over Kaspersky Total Security, especially in view of the fact that the Android version requires two separate apps with the newer software, except that double the number of users for Security Cloud are available for the same price on Amazon. Can anyone advise please?

Hello BrianE. With Kaspersky Security Cloud you have special exclusive features like:[spoiler]Patented Adaptive Security. Adaptive security technology is bespoke by definition, responding to your lifestyle within the context of the ever-shifting cybersecurity landscape. The technology anticipates danger, advises you when action is needed and automatically updates your device settings when the need arises. Not only does it shield you from direct cyber-threats, it also reassures you that the things you care about are secure. Account based control. The service is tied to the subscription owner’s My Kaspersky account, rather than to a license. This means that security management features found in My Kaspersky allow you to configure your security any way you want. And if you purchase our Family edition, you become the master account holder – which enables you to share security with family members and friends. In this instance, every individual will have their own My Kaspersky account, and the solution will adapt itself to their personal needs and online habits. Platform agnostic flexibility. The service works on Windows, Mac, iOS and Android. And if you need to manage your account from a shared device, it can be accessed through the My Kaspersky website. State-of-the-art innovation. The service is constantly developing. All the latest tools, features and technologies will appear first in Kaspersky Security Cloud.[/spoiler]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
The Shield: You said "Account based control. The service is tied to the subscription owner’s My Kaspersky account, rather than to a license. This means that security management features found in My Kaspersky allow you to configure your security any way you want. And if you purchase our Family edition, you become the master account holder – which enables you to share security with family members and friends. In this instance, every individual will have their own My Kaspersky account," But we can already do this with KTS. I can login and update all computers running paid versions, and get them to do scans, and turn off and on settings.

This is just my opinion and not meant to be a harsh criticism, but why does this question about "KTS vs KSC" keep coming up over and over and over again on the Kaspersky Community Forums? My take on this issue is that Kaspersky (as a whole) is simply not doing a good enough job at explaining the comparative differences between there own products. This is definitely not a good business model for Kaspersky or it's end users if these types of questions keep appearing on their own support forums. Let's get this addressed Kaspersky by providing clearer comparative differences between products so there is less confusion and more transparency among your products so we can obtain the correct product for our security needs! :slight_smile:

• 2 years later...