AMSI Protection makes Excel crash

Hotarusama

Two days ago, maybe due to a recent update, Excel crashes when I try to open any file. I thought it was Excel or Sharepoint fault and I repaired and even uninstalled and reinstalled Microsoft 365 without luck. MS forums suggested to turn off antivirus to test it, and I did it with Kaspersky, then, Excel worked normally. With trial and error, I've found that the culprit is the AMSI Protection in the antivirus. When I disabled it, Excel began to work correctly. So, currently I have this option disabled. As this option is supossed to add another protection layer, it should be active, but it's neccesary that this problem to be resolved first. Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, Hotarusama said:

Two days ago, maybe due to a recent update, Excel crashes when I try to open any file.

Hello @Hotarusama

Welcome!

1. (your) topic is missing information, *basic* information, follow the guide prepared by Danila T & provide please: Read before you create a new topic!
  2. Clean install Kaspersky Free-> (1) UNINSTALL existing Kaspersky Free software -> (2) Shutdown the computer, using Shutdown - not Restart, power on, login, (3) download & install a NEW Kaspersky Free -> (4) Recheck? 

Resource: How the Antimalware Scan Interface (AMSI) helps you defend against malware.

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
added link for KF