Amazon Firestick

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

I purchased Kaspersky VPN secure connection to use on a third generation firestick. I have tried numerous ways to install it but I always end up with the message APP NOT INSTALLED. Has anyone been successful with the VPN installation on a firestick.

Hi Flood and Flood’s wife,

Yes I have followed Danila instructions and Technical support instructions and various sites on the internet instructions and they have all failed. I have a brand new 3rd generation firestick. I was hoping there was someone on this forum who has installed KVPN on their firestick.

Regards,

Bernard2

Hello @Bernard2

Thank you for posting back & the information!

Ok, we understand. 

1. So, you’ve already engaged the technical support team, are they still working with you on the issue? 
  2. Was there any other error other than “app not installed”?
  3. Did you try different OpenVpn virtual servers?

Please let us know? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Hi Flood,

The last message I got from the technical team was to send them screenshots of the problem. Seeing I’m trying to install the firestick with TV , I can’t do a screenshot.

I have tried some more ways and early got there. I installed Apotide tv app this allowed me to find and install KVPN. On the screen it said app installed but when I tried to move the cursor to tick the end user agreement the screen froze. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but when I came to the end user agreement screen the cursor wouldn’t work.

Regards,

Bernard2

• 2 weeks later...

@Bernard2 Hello!

You need to resolve the problem of downloading the configuration file from My Kaspersky. Only in this way will you be able to use a VPN.
Do you also have a problem with downloading/logging into My Kaspersky on your Windows device? If yes, please send the logs that support has asked for. You need to collect them on your Windows device.

Hi Danila T,

I am a premium user. from My Kaspersky account, then secure connection tab, then a screen showing a graph of traffic usage, scrolled down to a tab that said Setup via Openvpn, hit that tab then a box with choice of countries, hit UK then another box with Location, login, password, then a tab Download OVPN, hit that tab, then downloads a file named credentials.ovpn, but I can’t open that file.

Am I going about this completely wrong.

Best regards,

Bernard2

Hello @Bernard2

The OVPN file, downloaded from https://my.kaspersky.com/VPN#/stats, can be opened with Notepad, it’s a certificate/credentials file, that (your) Firestick needs to be able to “talk” to Kaspersky’s VPN

1. Select Opvn location from one of four locations.
  2. Copy Opvn Login & password to a text file. 
  3. Download Opvn file. 
  4. Follow whatever instructions you have, from @Danila T. above, “on Amazon Firestick you can use the KSeC configuration file”. 
  • KSeC configuration file = Opvn credentials file you’ve downloaded from (your) MyKaspersky account
  • (ioo) You’re not going about it completely “wrong”, support don’t appear to “understand”….  

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Hi Flood,

I have followed your instructions and I have printed out the Login and Password. I downloaded the Ovpn credentials file and copied it from my downloads screen to a flash drive. I am now waiting for an adapter cable I ordered from Amazon Prime. I still dont Know how to transfer that file to my firestick.

Regards,

Bernard2