ALPS Touch Pad Driver, malware?

This malware got installed on my computer when I installed some cheap antivirus that I have since removed.  It is located at C:\Program Files\Appoint2k.  There is a file for uinstalling the software, Uninstap.exe.  The problem is that when I run it I get a message informing me that it is not compatible with this version of Windows.  This malware is highly subversive.  I am hoping that the awesome power of Kaspersky can be brought to bear on it with an update.  I will try computer repair, but what can they really do?

Hello @dnewhous

Welcome!

To enable us to clearly understand and possibly assist you:

1. I’m hoping the awesome power of Kaspersky can be brought to bear on it with an update?” - what kind of update? 
  2. Regarding “I will try computer repair, but what can they really do?”  please provide more information ? 
  3. What steps have you already taken to resolve the issue - please be specific? 
  4. May we have a full screen image of the error? 
  5. May we have a GSI & Windows Logs
  6. May we have a KIS report, covering the period ALPS Touch Pad Driver was installed ?
  7. Have you tried uninstalling when Windows is run in SafeMode? 

Please post back?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

I made some progress.  I changed the compatibility mode of Uninstap.exe to Windows 8, and now I get a different error message that I am uploading.  I am using Greenshot to make the capture and save as a file.

It has been far too long since it has been installed for there to have a KIS report.

I made some progress.  I changed the compatibility mode of Uninstap.exe to Windows 8, and now I get a different error message that I am uploading.  I am using Greenshot to make the capture and save as a file.

It has been far too long since it has been installed for there to have a KIS report.

Hello,

Do you have a external keyboard? Uninstall this driver, which will make your laptop keyboard unusable, if you don’t have another keyboard to use. So you need to connect an external keyboard via USB or PS/2 and then uninstall the driver.

Regards.

I have discovered that my password which allows Kaspersky to operate does not provide access to submit a request to Kaspersky technical support.  I have generated a log file using the report generated which I am uploading.  

@dnewhous,

1. Open KIS, select More Tools, select Reports, select Detailed Reports, select All events, select 30days, select Export, save the Respot as a text (*.txt) file, attach📎 to your reply.
  2. There are software conflicts: what was the previous AV (name) installed? 
  3. In Device manager, has PS2 been updated & or uninstalled? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

No, I can’t install it again, nor can I uninstall it.

Hi @dnewhous 

As well as above posts.

Try this Link http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp56001-56500/sp56168.exe

See if you can reinstall over top of existing driver to UPDATE.

Also was the MALWARE already in you desktop before you installed Kaspersky?

As you state in your original post that you installed “cheap antivirus”

This could be FATAL for your device if yes.

Any case try that Link to re-install PS2  Drivers.

Thank you.

The previous antivirus was Mcafee.  This malware was there before I installed Kaspersky.  The problem with Mcafee that I had was I couldn’t surf through mobygames.com cleanly.  I’ll take the computer into Best Buy and maybe they can do something.

I went to Best Buy and they fixed it!  They butchered Roboform but that was easy to restore.  

Safe Mode was a good idea and I should have tried it.  

I switched to [another Antivirus]  , and Outlook displays multiple progress bars when downloading email.